"Mysterious" Axl recording session in London (for Michael Schenker's new album?)

15 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

HardSkool EP kinda doesn’t count since those vocals are from 1999-2000. As far as we know, the only vocals Axl has done within the last decade or so are Rock The Rock and now this. That said, it really sounds like him in the background of Duff’s new song Lighthouse. Wonder what that’s all about.

100% not Axl on that song. A bit similar but no.

3 hours ago, jaograndao192 said:

Well...anyone remember Slash saying his next album will feature a bunch of people?Why this cannot be Michael and Axl appearing there?Ha!Got you...

Because it's already confirmed Slash recorded for Schenker and not vice versa.

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Doesn't mean Schenker isn't recording for Slash too. That has never been confirmed or denied. 

Ok... it's confirmed that Slash recorded for Schenker, but it's not confirmed or even mentioned that Schenker's gonna record for Slash, that's why you think it's Schenker who will guest on Slash 2? I'm just asking...

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Ok... it's confirmed that Slash recorded for Schenker, but it's not confirmed or even mentioned that Schenker's gonna record for Slash, that's why you think it's Schenker who will guest on Slash 2? I'm just asking...

Yeah they could both be guesting on each other's albums. 

All we know for sure is slash will be on Schenker's album.  We have no idea if Schenker will be on Slash's album too 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Yeah they could both be guesting on each other's albums. 

All we know for sure is slash will be on Schenker's album.  We have no idea if Schenker will be on Slash's album too 

I really don't think Slash will offer other guitarists a guest spot on his album. Most likely he's gonna looking for singers. I don't even know if Schenker sings by himself in his bands but I think he is more of a metal guy. Therefore I don't know if he fits the blues oriented record. I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I really don't think Slash will offer other guitarists a guest spot on his album. Most likely he's gonna looking for singers. I don't even know if Schenker sings by himself in his bands but I think he is more of a metal guy. Therefore I don't know if he fits the blues oriented record. I could be wrong though.

Yeah you don't know though. He did have other musicians guest on his first album

I'm not saying he will or won't. I'm just saying we don't know. If they both got together and said "hey I'm making this album wanna be on it? oh yeah I'm making an album too why don't you come and play on mine too" it wouldn't surprise me

Like Slash and Demi did.

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Well the blues record is finished already. I think Schenker could fit and type of album. Only really discovered him recently but he's incredible 

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Schencker goes all the way to the second iteration of the Scorpions, after Uli left and before Matthias joined. He also has a history with UFO and then went on to start his own band going by his namesake. He's a rock guy and cited as an influence by many guitar players including Iron Maiden, thrash bands, and Slash himself. He does a bit of singing but sticks mostly to backing vocals. The guitar is where he shines. He has played with many singers throughout the years - Barden, Bonet, McAuley, Doggie White, Turner, Kiske, Voss himself and currently Romero. His last albums have featured rotating list of guest singers. He managed to get Ralf Schepers (Primal Fear, Gamma Ray) and Michael Kiske (Helloween) on his latest albums. His latest albums have all been produced by Voss. I'm leaning towards this being Slash collaborating with Schenker on his album and seems likely that Axl will also guest. I can also see Schenker playing on Slash solo record seeing he's an influence on him. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Yeah you don't know though. He did have other musicians guest on his first album

I'm not saying he will or won't. I'm just saying we don't know. If they both got together and said "hey I'm making this album wanna be on it? oh yeah I'm making an album too why don't you come and play on mine too" it wouldn't surprise me

Like Slash and Demi did.

Yeah you're right, I don't know. I don't know if Axl will guest either. All I'm saying is that I don't think this will happen. But that doesn't mean anything. Everything could happen. I'm just speculating. 

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well the blues record is finished already. I think Schenker could fit and type of album. Only really discovered him recently but he's incredible 

Is it finished? Do we know that?

52 minutes ago, Chuerta86 said:

Schencker goes all the way to the second iteration of the Scorpions, after Uli left and before Matthias joined. He also has a history with UFO and then went on to start his own band going by his namesake. He's a rock guy and cited as an influence by many guitar players including Iron Maiden, thrash bands, and Slash himself. He does a bit of singing but sticks mostly to backing vocals. The guitar is where he shines. He has played with many singers throughout the years - Barden, Bonet, McAuley, Doggie White, Turner, Kiske, Voss himself and currently Romero. His last albums have featured rotating list of guest singers. He managed to get Ralf Schepers (Primal Fear, Gamma Ray) and Michael Kiske (Helloween) on his latest albums. His latest albums have all been produced by Voss. I'm leaning towards this being Slash collaborating with Schenker on his album and seems likely that Axl will also guest. I can also see Schenker playing on Slash solo record seeing he's an influence on him. 

I've heard a lot of him in the past... a lot of his history, not of his music obviously. I know he was a kid, like 12 or 13 years old, when he first joined the Skorpions on stage. So he has to be very talented. And I read that Slash mentioned him as an influence. Maybe I should discover his early work but I'm definitely looking forward to his new solo record.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Yeah you're right, I don't know. I don't know if Axl will guest either. All I'm saying is that I don't think this will happen. But that doesn't mean anything. Everything could happen. I'm just speculating. 

Is it finished? Do we know that?

I might be misremembering things, but I thought Slash said it was done and just waiting to release it. He's definitely good at the media game, ordinarily hearing Slash is making a blues album would not excite me at all, but I'm eager to hear it and who's guesting on it

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I might be misremembering things, but I thought Slash said it was done and just waiting to release it. He's definitely good at the media game, ordinarily hearing Slash is making a blues album would not excite me at all, but I'm eager to hear it and who's guesting on it

When I first read the interview I also thought the album's done, but after reading some posts here I got the impression that it's not and maybe I misunderstood something. I have to check the interview again.

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

According to Eddie Trunk, Axl recorded guest vocals for a cover on a tribute album:

https://vocaroo.com/19eMpiKcExaV

@metalavenger99, @Amir (tagging you because we've discussed this in the new album thread).

It would REALLY piss off people here if it ended up being a Whichita Lineman cover for a Glenn Campbell tribute :lol:

• Haha 4