"Mysterious" Axl recording session in London (for Michael Schenker's new album?)

It's all a red herring to make us think they're NOT recording a new GNR LP! 🤪

11 minutes ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

Pretty exciting stuff. I hate to feel more excited about someone else’s song featuring Axl but at least we know that it will probably come out soon 

As in, within the next year and not 100! Progress 

18 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

People on this thread keep referring to this as Axl’s first time recording vocals in 15 years… Did we just all suddenly forget that Rock The Rock exists?

The boys just getting warmed up! Still can't believe him and Angus never recording anything....or did they?  What a chance...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Lets remember, this is Axl Rose. There is no new GnR music. This is probably  not GnR related. Just live by those rules and you wont be dissapointed. 

Still at least it's SOMETHING...which is definately not as disappointing as nothing in my book...time will tell, as time always does...eventually....soon....maybe...

13 minutes ago, betterman said:

What about CD and the Hardskool EP plus Bach guest spot

HardSkool EP kinda doesn’t count since those vocals are from 1999-2000. As far as we know, the only vocals Axl has done within the last decade or so are Rock The Rock and now this. That said, it really sounds like him in the background of Duff’s new song Lighthouse. Wonder what that’s all about.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

HardSkool EP kinda doesn’t count since those vocals are from 1999-2000. As far as we know, the only vocals Axl has done within the last decade or so are Rock The Rock and now this. That said, it really sounds like him in the background of Duff’s new song Lighthouse. Wonder what that’s all about.

Could he make an appearance on both Duff and Slash's albums? That be kinda cool, not what we want but cool still....

• Like 3

Even if Axl was recording vocals for GN'R, it doesn't mean much as he's recorded vocals decades ago on material that hasn't been released yet...

The difference here, is they clearly want us to know, to drum up attention with the photo by posting it on social media.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cosmo said:

If a Michael Schenker guest appearance is the only thing Axl records in over 15 years, I'll somehow be even more pissed than if he recorded nothing :lol:

I don't know, I actually really like the idea of a Slash + Schenker + Axl collaboration under the guidance of Voss. 

Schenker is just the best. Slash and Schenker have a bery busy work ethic and are constantly releasing quality material. Voss also has/had a killer voice and has a great sense of melody. I really like the stuff he has produced. If you add Simon Phillip on drums it could he killer.

Thinking about, I would be eager to hear a whole record with thos musicians.

Given the choice of recording with Voss, I think it may be telling that whatever music is being recorded is going to be more straight up rock. I'm leaning more towards a Schenker album collaboration or Slash solo collaboration than a GnR.

Whatever it is, I hope the music features those two on guitar with Axl. 

1 minute ago, betterman said:

It could be Axl in the background on "Lighthouse" - have yet to hear it on headphones.

Or is it confirmed as other singer(s)?

I put it through an AI track separator and I was 99% sure it was Axl, except the very last high note sounds way above Axl's range. I'm not sure. The vibrato and tone of the harmonies are very Axl.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

to pander to idiots who believe the most random things instead of looking at real life facts such as that Slash recorded with the same producer just a few weeks before for a confirmed Michael Schenker project. 99% of people with a brain have to pander to 1% of morons, since when has that been the way to be? just not right IMO.

You know what is not right? To call people idiots and make such a big deal for this kind of shit when nobody else give a shit. Seems like you're part of the minority.

4 hours ago, betterman said:

It could be Axl in the background on "Lighthouse" - have yet to hear it on headphones.

Or is it confirmed as other singer(s)?

What is this?

14 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

You know what is not right? To call people idiots and make such a big deal for this kind of shit when nobody else give a shit. Seems like you're part of the minority.

What is this?

Duffs new solo track, the title track from his new album "Lighthouse"

4 minutes ago, betterman said:

Duffs new solo track, the title track from his new album "Lighthouse"

Oh, didn't know about it. It's a cool song, but it's not Axl. It says on the YouTube description:

Martin Ferveyear - Mellotron, Synthesizers, Backing Vocals
Shaina Shepherd - Backing Vocals

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1