"Mysterious" Axl recording session in London (for Michael Schenker's new album?)

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

We must ask to that Schenker guy what he did to convince Axl to enter in a studio

I suppose that he didn't do anything special. Axl doesn't seem to be difficult when it comes to doing guest vocals, especially if he likes the songs, and it's not for GN'R. I think other artists haven't invited him that much thinking that he would refuse, but there are examples where all someone had to do was ask and Axl was on board, e.g. Sebastian Bach, Looney Tunes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I suppose that he didn't do anything special. Axl doesn't seem to be difficult when it comes to doing guest vocals, especially if he likes the songs, and it's not for GN'R. I think other artists haven't invited him that much thinking that he would refuse, but there are examples where all someone had to do was ask and Axl was on board, e.g. Sebastian Bach, Looney Tunes.

And why you think he refuses to enter a studio if Is for GNR? 

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

And why you think he refuses to enter a studio if Is for GNR? 

Insecurity, maybe, because it's his work. But we really don't know to what extent he "refuses" especially if it's just to record vocals and not write new music. He may have been recording vocals on existing material through they years for all we know.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2023 at 10:16 AM, Cosmo said:

I can't believe it... dude wont go to the studio record new vocals for his own songs but a freaking cover on a tribute album gets him off his couch

I don't think it's an issue with Axl recording anything, it's releasing tracks that has been an issue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I recall 90's Axl was invited to Sinatra album "Duets" but it never materialized. Bono was part of it album too.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Maybe this is all a ruse and Schenkers producing the new GNR album....bit random getting Slash and Axl both on the same album otherwise...who knows! 

Why would it be random? They could appear on two different tracks or even on the same.

Just now, Sosso said:

Why would it be random? They could appear on two different tracks or even on the same.

Why appear on some dudes LP if you won't appear on your own bands (NEW material...) The previous obstacle (Axl!) Isn't clearly as big as one as we bang on about if he's doing this....I get it, oh he's insecure about his own material, etc etc....but he's putting out old stuff now, not always the best mixes, he's definately more mellow than 15 years ago and that probably reflects on his thoughts to music and recording too, to an extent...

3 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Why appear on some dudes LP if you won't appear on your own bands (NEW material...) The previous obstacle (Axl!) Isn't clearly as big as one as we bang on about if he's doing this....I get it, oh he's insecure about his own material, etc etc....but he's putting out old stuff now, not always the best mixes, he's definately more mellow than 15 years ago and that probably reflects on his thoughts to music and recording too, to an extent...

I get your point but Axl is not ready to release a fully fledged GN'R album. Appearing on other musicians albums helps to improve his Image in the music scene. Slash is used to those collaborations, Axl only had a handful of them 

Edited by Sosso