Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 minute ago, Twinaleblood said:

Actually, yesterday I read this article on NME which also says "next week": https://www.nme.com/news/music/new-guns-n-roses-single-perhaps-reportedly-coming-next-week-3479330

In the article, they say: 

The track is taken from the band’s ‘Chinese Democracy’ era and is set to be officially released on all streaming platforms this Friday (August 11).

1 minute ago, betterman said:

Maybe the music video is not 100% done :blink: :tongue2:

They are clearly waiting for Lars Ulrich to sign off the papers to include him in the video.

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

In the article, they say: 

The track is taken from the band’s ‘Chinese Democracy’ era and is set to be officially released on all streaming platforms this Friday (August 11).

Yep, I already edited my post accordingly, but you were too fast to quote :lol:

• Like 1

What was the first country/region to report Hard Skool being uploaded on Spotify? I think it was NZ, cause I remember waking up that Thursday morning here in the US (NYC specifically) and seeing all the posts about HS with the locker art and an audio rip of the song from Spotify. 

Then, that Friday at midnight EST, they posted “Hard Skool is F’n’ here” and the song was up. 

Edited by GNRRHCP98

1 minute ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

What was the first country/region to report Hard Skool being uploaded on Spotify? I think it was NZ, cause I remember waking up that Thursday morning here in the US (NYC specifically) and seeing all the posts about HS with the locker art and an audio rip of the song from Spotify. 

Yes, it was NZ indeed

Just now, Twinaleblood said:

Yes, it was NZ indeed

Thank ya for confirming!

I know “Absurd” was weird in that it dropped at midnight EST, and whatever time that was in the rest of the world… but if we are following the HS model, and NZ DOESN’T have anything to report by the time it’s midnight on Friday over there, then it’s likely “plans changed.”

15 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Wonder who their “internal sources” are, and if the other media outlets that already reported on Perhaps for 8/11 will catch wind of this. 

Could be someone from the local department of Universal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Music video? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To be fair we had those individual videos for each show last month with behind the scenes footage and we said it looked really great and a lot more professional so maybe a music video isn’t completely out the question :shrugs:

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The media tends to have a tough time being accurate with inside sources re GNR. Until we get more info, i'm sticking with an 11th release date given we all saw the background video with that date.

Their sources are almost entirely this forum. 

Some website dealing in clickbait news picks up what we say, runs it, then a few days later the bigger publications see it on there and run their own articles on it. 

5 minutes ago, General2112 said:

Yeah I think Perhaps is coming this week. Doubt it’s been delayed. Wouldn’t make any sense to delay a single. I get delaying an album 

"Wouldn't make any sense"? This is GNR we're talking about. Nothing they ever do makes sense. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

They delayed it because we found the website and that for some reason matters and needs a delay :wow:

That is quite possibly the reason! I've never worked out why it always seems to be a battle against the fans, but that's the way they work. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

How terribly predictable!

I'm off to Paris next Thursday so it would be fun if Perhaps was released while I'm on the Eurostar, or shortly after I arrive in Paris!

Croisons les doigts, then ;)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Actually, yesterday I read this article on NME which also says "next week" in the article title, but then if you read the article itself it says "later this week": https://www.nme.com/news/music/new-guns-n-roses-single-perhaps-reportedly-coming-next-week-3479330

Probably had it written up from the previous week and forget to edit! Amateurs!