Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

10 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

NOTHING gets posted to that page without approval from two or three parties. Period. Stop making excuses for this band.

The graphics and countdown all could be coded to display "next friday" too. We really don't know much. We can speculate. Web pages easy to make live on accident. Especially ones where multiple people are editing and tinkering around. Some sites even get auto redirects set in place when a page is made live and then turned back in to a draft. Someone could have set that page to live on accident. Happens. But the graphics may have been coded to display Aug 11 or Aug 18 or Aug 1 or whatever date was the follow Friday. I'd speculate that they wouldn't have pre-saves in the cards if it wasn't going to be a pre-planned Tweet a few days before release day. I'm guessing someone blundered. I don't believe a band/brand like GnR really needs any sort of hype or extra press, especially from the Blabbermouths of the world.

The band doesn't need any sort of excuses for sure. It is pathetic. One original album and three original songs recorded in the late 90s the past 30 years. Unfortunately, new music has never been a driving force for them to make money. I'd speculate with the page being posted there was some sort of fuckery going on and someone messed up or there was a delay. But i have a hard time seeing a delay being based around a website being posted early and clickbait articles being ran about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Real McCoy said:

Some folks need to use some critical thinking here: That Linkfire page wouldn’t be activated, nor would anything be posted to it, much less a fully produced video, unless the band, label, and management were ALL on the same page regarding a promotional strategy. You remove one of those three from the equation, and the page stays dormant with nothing being posted to it: test code or otherwise. 

SOME kind of promotional campaign was in place, but either “someone” got cold feet at the last minute, or they got pissed off that we found the page early and pulled the release to try to spite us.

Anyone trying to deny that is just lying to themselves. 

Millionaire rock stars do not change a plan out of spite for nerds on the internet lol. This is not a Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Millionaire rock stars do not change a plan out of spite for nerds on the internet lol. This is not a Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm episode. 

Universal to Axl: "So you know how to 'make' the song, you just doesnt know how to 'release' the song. And some would argue, that's the most important part."

Cue seinfeld bass line :lol:

Edited by Sonicjam
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

You obviously don't remember who we're dealing with here.

Most mllionaire rockstars don't log on to fanboards and call members "lesbian cunts", but Axl's not most millionaire rockstars.

True. But I also don’t see him calling Universal and saying I would like to delay the release of Perhaps. And the Universal executive says “why?” and Axl says “for spite.” 

24 minutes ago, bumbleslash69 said:

The graphics and countdown all could be coded to display "next friday" too. We really don't know much. We can speculate. Web pages easy to make live on accident. Especially ones where multiple people are editing and tinkering around. Some sites even get auto redirects set in place when a page is made live and then turned back in to a draft. Someone could have set that page to live on accident. Happens. But the graphics may have been coded to display Aug 11 or Aug 18 or Aug 1 or whatever date was the follow Friday. I'd speculate that they wouldn't have pre-saves in the cards if it wasn't going to be a pre-planned Tweet a few days before release day. I'm guessing someone blundered. I don't believe a band/brand like GnR really needs any sort of hype or extra press, especially from the Blabbermouths of the world.

The band doesn't need any sort of excuses for sure. It is pathetic. One original album and three original songs recorded in the late 90s the past 30 years. Unfortunately, new music has never been a driving force for them to make money. I'd speculate with the page being posted there was some sort of fuckery going on and someone messed up or there was a delay. But i have a hard time seeing a delay being based around a website being posted early and clickbait articles being ran about it. 

The countdown timer was coded. The background graphic that said presave August 11th was a cgi rendered MP4 video file. 

Edited by VeeR
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Also, the only good thing about Perhaps finally coming out is that it presumably gets us a bit closer to the release of The General.

I think Atlas Shrugged would probably come next, no? Being that the demo in the Village Leaks was basically as finished as Perhaps, I mean...

• Like 1