Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The mods over at the GNR Reddit are hard at work removing any mention of the Perhaps/Touchtunes situation, even for people just talking about it. They say any links to illegal leaks are prohibited, never mind the fact that it isn't illegal to talk about a song publicly available in bars across the USA...

Don’t you talk about that cell phone recording of Perhaps (from touch tunes which I didn’t even know existed until 4 hours ago) or we will ban you lol. The unintentional comedy within GNR and its fan community is literally off the charts this year. 

Edited by Arnuld
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Honestly I'm impressed. I live in the low income end of town haha so our bars sound equipment isn't the greatest. But from this vantage point it sounded better than Hard Skool imo. 

I don't know what's happening with this band but clearly I've just heard for myself. Perhaps is a thing. I can't believe I just heard that. My wife thinks I'm insane for leaving our friends at 1am to go to a dive bar to listen to one single song that I had to spend $5 on jukebox credits for along with another $5 for a Budweiser but I don't care. Worth it. 

What's the solo like. How grating is the cut from Robin's to Slash's part?

The screenshot of the alleged CD list shared by @Sweersa, but without the audio files in the background, has been posted on the forum many times - last time before today was less than a month ago in the new album thread. Here it is again:

2008_012.jpg

The question is if it actually surfaced *as is* before 2019. Some members say they had seen it, but I guess it wasn't on a public forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

The screenshot of the alleged CD list shared by @Sweersa, but without the audio files in the background, has been posted on the forum many times - last time before today was less than a month ago in the new album thread. Here it is again:

2008_012.jpg

The question is if it actually surfaced *as is* before 2019. Some members say they had seen it, but I guess it wasn't on a public forum.

It was definitely on a public forum

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

2008_012.jpg

What do we think those sequel songs are meant to be ie: OMG2, TIL2. Are those meant to be Brain's remixes or something  else?

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The mods over at the GNR Reddit are hard at work removing any mention of the Perhaps/Touchtunes situation, even for people just talking about it. They say any links to illegal leaks are prohibited, never mind the fact that it isn't illegal to talk about a song publicly available in bars across the USA...

Sounds like a douchey place.

Just now, Maystar said:

What do we think those sequel songs are meant to be ie: OMG2, TIL2. Are those meant to be Brain's remixes or something  else?

Probably remixes.

Pro2 = Blood In The Water

Better2 = Better Gone

TIL2 = TIL Remix

Axl had mentioned bonus/remix tracks in 2002 and 2009 so it could be a list of CD2 songs plus a bonus 'special edition' disc which plenty of bands did around that time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maystar said:

My guess with that is maybe remixes? We know that OMG was somewhat reworked based off of the 2018(?) leak with Bumblefoot guitars, so that would be that. TIL has the Brain remix with the Axl superrasp vocals. Pro2 might be Blood in the Water (since that samples some of Prostitute, although I don't know where the "Blood in the Water" vocals come from, if they were recorded specifically for that or taken from elsewhere). Better2 has a couple options (probably the Brain "Better Gone" remix, although there's also the Bumblefoot acoustic version and DJ's version). Chi2 is the only one I don't have a guess on.

• Thanks 1

New drum track clearly. Well, not new. It's a Brain rerecording from the sound of it. 

Where's the new Slash riff at the end of each bar in the verse? I can hear the bass doing it. Duff's bass is great actually, lots of nice fills. 

I can't bear new vocals, they're just mixed differently aren't they?

2 seconds of robin. Jesus that's poor editing. 

Duff's bass under the solo! 

The copy and pasted hey heys are dreadful in verse 3. 

Huge drum roll going in to chorus 3? I like that!

Maybe it's Frank on drums?

It sounds like I imagined actually. Nothing like Hard School, this really is Duff and Slash pasted on top. I can't get over the Robin thing, what the actual?

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Fyi, @Sweersa has not yet provided me with any evidence that the list is genuine and not just made up by some scammer like MSL in 2011 who had inside information on some real song titles. 

The abbreviations and random letters after the song titles always made me think it wasn't genuine, fake track lists or leaked info posts always have shit like that to seem mysterious and more credible. Is that the only source we have for Cuban Skies also?