Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

When setting up TouchTunes, it wants your “DJ” name, so I picked Ashba. Haha

So DJ Ashba will be playing Perhaps at one or more bars in Michigan. 

Sorry if I double posted. Played Perhaps then Hard Skool now at my bar.

Early on a Sunday. There’s kids here so no Absurd 😂 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

People can never be pleased with music.

I BEG YOU GNR RELEASE MUSIC!!

Releases best music from the locker.

"No thats not what i meant!"

It’s definitely unfortunate that leaked material ends up on the internet, people hear it, want an official version, and whine when they don’t like the official version.

It was a lot more exciting hearing “You Could Be Mine” in 1991 from a radio station that teased its release for a few days, then finally played it for the first time. There were no demo versions heard beforehand, or knowledge of how long it took to finalize the version that ended up as the official song. You accepted the song as-is. 

Now, it’s “Slash butchered the guitar parts” because he’s not a shredder like Buckethead. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

All the talk shows are not showing new episodes right now due to the writers strike.

That’s true of late night shows with a bunch of writers, but they could’ve still done national morning shows or podcasts,etc. 

10 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Whose

You’re correct, it’s not confirmed obviously. 

Even if it is not confirmed, there's no way they will postpone a release any further than 6 days/next friday now that it has leaked, and clips are floating out there, and the news articles start to come out. I don't believe it has even been pulled from the Jukebox app yet (if it will be at all)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Even if it is not confirmed, there's no way they will postpone a release any further than 6 days/next friday now that it has leaked, and clips are floating out there, and the news articles start to come out. I don't believe it has even been pulled from the Jukebox app yet.

I firmly believe it’ll be available on all streaming platforms Friday. The final mix is officially “out”, albeit on error on TouchTunes. 

6 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

Something else that I haven't seen anyone say but thought about is it kind of sounded like maybe some autotune vocal effects were used now. I could be completely wrong, though. It is just the jukebox clip quality that I'm basing this off of.

I’ve seen someone mention it. Unless it was you on a previous page lol. 

• Like 1

I took the family to Waffle House just to play this track haha. I searched for it and the only thing popping up is Civil War and it won’t generate any other songs for some reason…anyone else having this issue, if so, please let me know! I’m trying to play it before I leave here.

• Sad 1

Just now, grogmug said:

I took the family to Waffle House just to play this track haha. I searched for it and the only thing popping up is Civil War and it won’t generate any other songs for some reason…anyone else having this issue, if so, please let me know! I’m trying to play it before I leave here.

They may not have their system connected to the internet, so only able to play what is stored locally. 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Its Tino said:

I firmly believe it’ll be available on all streaming platforms Friday. The final mix is officially “out”, albeit on error on TouchTunes. 

Yea I'd bet actual money on that. If it won't be pulled from the app in the next days that is a definite sign it will be out Friday. I'd even believe that even if it was an accident, that upon hearing the news of this whole thing that Axl Slash and Duff think this is actually kinda cool, and just let it stay on there until it's out.

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I feel like HS is an ideal GNR single in this day and age. Am I on crazy pills? Guitar riffs, Slash solo that’s actually thought out and fits the song, lots of lead guitar, Axl screaming chorus…

What is there to not like?

It's not a bad song by any means, but when you consider that it was one of the first new songs to be released by the reunited GNR, a band that has barely released music to begin with, it was underwhelming as hell. It was probably released after Absurd because it had a good hook as chorus and is more commercial, not because it was the best one they had in the can. Those seem to be coming out now 2 years later..

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I feel like HS is an ideal GNR single in this day and age. Am I on crazy pills? Guitar riffs, Slash solo that’s actually thought out and fits the song, lots of lead guitar, Axl screaming chorus…

What is there to not like?

The whole Skool motif (the title, bell ringing,etc) is pretty corny. Kinda ruins the song for me. Or at least limits its appeal. 

• Like 1