Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

6 minutes ago, Stryker said:

I imagine SoundCloud is more responsive than TouchTunes on a Sunday. 

I wonder if TouchTunes has any grounds to keep it on their service? They’ve probably received an uptick of users from this, I think none of us even knew what this was yesterday. I wonder if they would prefer to keep it on the service and if they have any legal grounds that they were signed to release it August 11, since the cancellation/delay of the song was done haphazardly.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wonder if TouchTunes has any grounds to keep it on their service? They’ve probably received an uptick of users from this, I think none of us even knew what this was yesterday. I wonder if they would prefer to keep it on the service and if they have any legal grounds that they were signed to release it August 11, since the cancellation/delay of the song was done haphazardly.

They would remove it if GNR asked, no matter under agreement. They won’t fuck their future relationship with the GNR and the record company 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChristianGNR said:

If the song is still avaliable, that’s a really weird move from GNR camp.

Maybe this is not an accident at all

I think the chances are slim it was planned. It could also be that the band found out now, and that Axl thinks this is kinda cool actually and just lets it stay on until it's out in a few days anyway.

1 minute ago, Dani_1455 said:

I still can hear it on SoundCloud, are you sure It has been deleted?

if i search for for mishaps of perhaps on a jukebox, the track doesn't show up anymore, when it used to. the page shown above was pulled from my history when i tried to reaccess it

1 minute ago, BucketEgg said:

what page are you seeing? maybe whatever device you're on has stored the old version of the page. this is what i'm seeing now

image.png

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/nwbhx

Just now, BucketEgg said:

if i search for for mishaps of perhaps on a jukebox, the track doesn't show up anymore, when it used to. the page shown above was pulled from my history when i tried to reaccess it

I click on the link I put before and It says It is not available but then redirects me to the song

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think the chances are slim it was planned. It could also be that the band found out now, and that Axl thinks this is kinda cool actually and just lets it stay on until it's out in a few days anyway.

Yeah, this won't hurt sales. It shouldn't affect their planned marketing campaign (if there is one) at all. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe they removing it was too much hassle, maybe it was even planned. 

• Like 1

Slash to Axl

"Ax so what'd'ya  think of our pinball machines??"

*Axl leans forward*

"No no man! Pinball! Fuck pinball....think JUKEBOX. That's how we're gonna launch the single! Got it homeboy?"

*Slash runs away to do another interview with the freaky lady with the snake*

Edited by colonizedmind

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Especially when people can go to a bar down the road and blast it in full quality lol

Yep. 

Heaven forbid a few over eager fans might want to hear a song! The constant battle to keep fans away from music is a real head scratcher with GNR. 

• Thanks 1

i don't know how touchtunes pays the artists, but maybe GnR earns a slight amount of money every time someone plays Perhaps on a jukebox, so they don't want to remove it (yet), but they're happy to remove the free-to-listen cellphone recordings to incentivise people to go out and pay to listen to the song

Edited by BucketEgg
added more text

1 minute ago, BucketEgg said:

i don't know how touchtunes pays the artists, but maybe GnR earns a slight amount of money every time someone plays Perhaps on a jukebox, so they don't want to remove it yet

But they get money for Amazon music and  iTunes sales, but it’s not there.