Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Place your bets. Come tomorrow, will the band/Team Brazil/the label:

A) acknowledge any of this 

B) tuck their heads in the sand and ignore it

C) rush release the single to online retailers. 

D) Punish the fans some more and cancel the release completely.

B looks like the most likely.

42 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

The solo is a head scratcher, it's not awful or bad even... But it sounds like he literally heard the track and said press record. I might actually prefer the demo solo, but overall I thi k this version is better. Interested to see how Axl navigates the chorus, there's a lot of singing there and a lot of voices 

I think robins solo is way better, slash has had years to come up with something and it seemed he just phoned it in to me.

• Like 1

Personally I loved Robin's solo, and at the same time appreciate Slash's solo (it struck me as jarring the first time I heard the soundcheck rehearsal). I imagine it's easy to get attached to a part (especially after listening to it over and over). But I think with time I'll come to love Slash's solo (it's already grown on me to be honest).

I do find the leaving 2 notes of Robin's solo in there funny, although it doesn't bother me personally. I think that decision will end up alongside the "robot" in Better, the Mexican Vampire "But I don't want to do eet" in Sorry, the off-time line in Absurd, etc. as one of those moments that make a lot of fans stop and wonder 'why did Axl choose to do that?' (but it's also personally one of the reasons I'm a fan of the guy, in that he doesn't always take the most obvious route).

Edited by cosmicblues
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Place your bets. Come tomorrow, will the band/Team Brazil/the label:

A) acknowledge any of this 

B) tuck their heads in the sand and ignore it

C) rush release the single to online retailers. 

D) Punish the fans some more and cancel the release completely.

D) I say they punish us, we could all benefit from a proper spanking anyway….

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I’m curious to know, wouldn’t this be the one occasion that it’s ok to share links to the song or throw it on YouTube? The jukeboxes are in a public space which isn’t illegal to record, the band released the music of their own free will. Unless I’m missing something?

It's not illegal to record for personal use, but it is illegal to distribute/share, because the terms of use for the jukebox app is that the music is meant to be streamed and heard only at the place where the jukebox is.

• Like 1

I will hold back on and outpouring of how bizarre this bad is and how, as a collective of fans, our behavior gets stranger and more pathetic on an almost monthly basis (and I include myself in that). I'll limit to my thoughts on the song:

I actually really consider this the best one so far! I really enjoyed the last two tracks, but as others have said, this one has much less of vibe (relatively speaking) of being pasted together from spare parts. As someone pointed out eons ago on this thread, the drums on this performance (I am guessing Brain) really elevate the song and might be the first time (if it is Brain) that I would put a Brain performance head and shoulders over Josh; typically Josh and Brain's takes on a song are about equal to me (maybe a slight advantage/leaning towards Josh). With this version of the song, I felt it really gave it an energy that was missing on the locker leaks version. The demon/Shackler's voice going on in the chorus is also badass and gives the song a fuller sound. 

In terms of Slash's guitar solo, I'd place this in the middle of the songs we've gotten since 2021. I felt like Slash's vibe on guitar didn't really gel fully with "Absurd" (which is understandable). I actually really enjoyed his work on "Hardskool" and felt like there were points where his guitar work sounded straight off the Use Your Illusion albums. For this song, his guitar work is a "B" in my book. It suits the song, but never really elevates it. I won't go so far to say he was lazy with it, but I feel like he really could have made this one something special. 

The switch from Robin's guitar to Slash's is pretty astoundingly bad and awkward: no way around it. Having said that, I can also listen with the perspective the 99.9% of the people who eventually listen to this song will have no idea about the fact that Robin would have played on it or that the bend comes from a different guitarist than the rest of the solo. That bend is pretty sweet though; I can't deny Robin killed it on this song so would have loved to have more of it incorporated (or just left in entirely). 

17 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

I will hold back on and outpouring of how bizarre this bad is and how, as a collective of fans, our behavior gets stranger and more pathetic on an almost monthly basis (and I include myself in that). I'll limit to my thoughts on the song:

I actually really consider this the best one so far! I really enjoyed the last two tracks, but as others have said, this one has much less of vibe (relatively speaking) of being pasted together from spare parts. As someone pointed out eons ago on this thread, the drums on this performance (I am guessing Brain) really elevate the song and might be the first time (if it is Brain) that I would put a Brain performance head and shoulders over Josh; typically Josh and Brain's takes on a song are about equal to me (maybe a slight advantage/leaning towards Josh). With this version of the song, I felt it really gave it an energy that was missing on the locker leaks version. The demon/Shackler's voice going on in the chorus is also badass and gives the song a fuller sound. 

In terms of Slash's guitar solo, I'd place this in the middle of the songs we've gotten since 2021. I felt like Slash's vibe on guitar didn't really gel fully with "Absurd" (which is understandable). I actually really enjoyed his work on "Hardskool" and felt like there were points where his guitar work sounded straight off the Use Your Illusion albums. For this song, his guitar work is a "B" in my book. It suits the song, but never really elevates it. I won't go so far to say he was lazy with it, but I feel like he really could have made this one something special. 

The switch from Robin's guitar to Slash's is pretty astoundingly bad and awkward: no way around it. Having said that, I can also listen with the perspective the 99.9% of the people who eventually listen to this song will have no idea about the fact that Robin would have played on it or that the bend comes from a different guitarist than the rest of the solo. That bend is pretty sweet though; I can't deny Robin killed it on this song so would have loved to have more of it incorporated (or just left in entirely). 

I like Finck’s solo. I also like Slash’s solo. They’re both good. I too don’t understand leaving in the bend. I’m hoping it sounds cleaner or more cohesive on the non-cell phone recordings. Curious to see what people who never listened to the locker leak would think of that part of the song.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mamundson said:

Can someone pm me the song?

Read please:

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

FFS stop with the link shit! We can't have links shared so don't ask and don't do the '"don't send me a link" bollocks either.

This is the last warning, warning points can be given if it continues

Thank you :)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Curious to see what people who never listened to the locker leak would think of that part of the song.

That it sounds like a background guitar, and then comes in the solo. That's it. There is nothing else to think about that 1-2 seconds of the song

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I don't know why they allowed it or how they were made to accept it.

The moderator is "The Syn". That's the name of the company that manages GN'R's social media, the same one that accidentally posted that press release on Linkedin about how many views Perhaps got on streaming services after their successful campaign :lol:

That’s just.. so disturbing. I see some serious brown nosing on that subreddit and really things that make my eyes widen.  I had no idea TB infiltrated Reddit, I mean.. paranoid much? Jeezzz… I wonder if other artists do the same..

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

That it sounds like a background guitar, and then comes in the solo. That's it. There is nothing else to think about that 1-2 seconds of the song

Idk. To me it sounds like someone about to start a solo and then gets interrupted by a different solo. Haha

Maybe that’s Fortus on there now though. We’ll never know. And that second guitarist might be low in the mix during Slash’s solo? Can’t wait to listen to this on headphones. 

Is Perhaps the song with the most amount of lyrical content and song emphasis that relates to the break up of GN'R?  I know Axl has said his song lyrics can mean more than one thing and I think there are scattered lyrics across a number of songs that could be about the break up of the original band and UYI lineup but I feel like Perhaps is the song that has the most content of lyrics that could be a reference to the break up

4 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Idk. To me it sounds like someone about to start a solo and then gets interrupted by a different solo. Haha

Maybe that’s Fortus on there now though. We’ll never know. And that second guitarist might be low in the mix during Slash’s solo? Can’t wait to listen to this on headphones. 

That's because you know it's someone about to start a solo, and then getting interrupted by someone starting a different solo. I know it's hard to put yourself in someone elses shoes who's never heard of any of this shit when you've been registered on a GNR fan forum since 2010. 

4 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Is Perhaps the song with the most amount of lyrical content and song emphasis that relates to the break up of GN'R?  I know Axl has said his song lyrics can mean more than one thing and I think there are scattered lyrics across a number of songs that could be about the break up of the original band and UYI lineup but I feel like Perhaps is the song that has the most content of lyrics that could be a reference to the break up

Hard Skool is literally about Slash leaving the band, and Axl going "you're wrong for this, I wouldn't do it this way but alright you're a stupid fool"

• Like 2

Today I got an Android emulator running on my PC and downloaded TouchTunes, scoured the Perhaps page on the app with the inspect element tool for an audio source, no luck. I think you'd have to get it from the machine itself as the app doesn't host the song, the jukebox does. But still it is odd because it has to fetch it from some streaming source, so there has to be a service that has it that hasn't been found yet.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2