Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

1 minute ago, Millions said:

I actually like the dolphin sounds just after the solo (if that's what they are). Gives some consistency to the Illusions era, haha.

I liked the dolphin sounds Slash added in the Prostitute outro live as well 🐬

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Can't watch in UK yet. is it a music video or just an absolute lazy piece of shit nothing video with just the song?

That's the auto-generated video. There will be another video when it's been released in USA, but probably it will be a vizualizer like Hard Skool and Absurd.

Has it been discussed yet the possible reasons for a 8 ball chosen as artwork? I’m not a gnr theorist lol, I truly believe half the shit they do right is by accident. But, could the 8 ball be a message about looking in to the future (aka more music)

side note: even typing this makes me want to punch myself in the face for even bringing it up lol

Edited by ryanf23
  • Haha 4

Just now, ryanf23 said:

Has it been discussed yet the possible reasons for a 8 ball chosen as artwork? I’m not a gnr theorist lol, I truly believe have the shit they do right is by accident. But, could the 8 ball be a message about looking in to the future (aka more music)

side note: even typing this makes me want to punch myself in the face for even bringing it up lol

You're probably reading way too much into it. If you shake a magic 8-Ball, sometimes it'll show 'Perhaps'. That's it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Millions said:

I actually like the dolphin sounds just after the solo (if that's what they are). Gives some consistency to the Illusions era, haha.

I like it too, but it's not really new I don't think. It sounds like heavily modified Axl vocals as 2:21 of the demo.

Just now, PrimalScream said:

I think it's Axl doing ooooh hoooohs with a heavily processed voice

Ah fuck, you beat me lol. Yeah, it's the same at 2:21 in the demo, just not modified.

My wife is a casual Guns fan and normally her opinions are very close to the general public. 

I got her to listen to Perhaps and asked for her honest thoughts and she said "Shite". 

Have to reluctantly agree. I remember listening to the leak and just thinking it was really boring and there was obviously nothing Slash/Duff could do to make it less boring

• ABSUЯD 1

3 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

Spit my coffee across the table reading that.  Most of us need to punch ourselves in the face when it come to things we say and think about this band

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DingBat said:

They did a video for Absurd and a lyric video for Hard Skool. They both sucked but they still did them. 

Those weren't videos. they did a lyric several months later, but they weren't music videos, more just extensions of their stage digital screens used for a music video. I'm not expecting estranged, but a band member on location somewhere would be nice

• Like 2

I always thought the old drums were Brain. Were The Village Sessions all Josh Freese?

I personally prefer the new HS to the old, but I can see how it's up for debate, especially with the different drum track. Perhaps feels much more like an improvement on every front. Love these new drum fills.

Just now, bmus1 said:

Were The Village Sessions all Josh Freese?

I think the earlier demos (the ones marked March 2000, especially Rough Mixes CD #1) were Freese, and later demos (November 2000 onwards like I'm Sorry) were Brain (him and Buckethead jamming together).

2 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

I always thought the old drums were Brain. Were The Village Sessions all Josh Freese?

I personally prefer the new HS to the old, but I can see how it's up for debate, especially with the different drum track. Perhaps feels much more like an improvement on every front. Love these new drum fills.

I prefer Josh’s old drums in HS but prefer the guitar and bass in the final one

• Like 2

Good on y’all who are lovin Perhaps.. felt a bit too band-aid and recycled for my taste but I think it’s LOADS better than the other 2. I’ll give it another listen prob and am curious how it sounds live (I actually dig the piano parts) but honestly, it’s just a bit toooooo meh for me. To each their own and all, but deff not my cup of tea.

a fab day to all! commentary is hysterical on all socials about this.