Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

5 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

??

pJNvl1U_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Even if the demo is the first result Guns n Roses doesn't control Google.  It's just an algorithm 

I’m in California so even though the song has been premiered on radio in the States you can’t listen to it on YouTube,Spotify,etc yet. So the only thing that is available to pop up on google at the moment is the demo someone uploaded to YouTube. It’s also been up for over 4 hours. Seems like that should be deleted and/or they should’ve just made the actual song available after it premiered on radio. 

I love how Axl sounds on this...it sounds like himself and that's all it matter.

I must admit that I said bad things about Slash's solo but it has grown on me and sounds as any GnR guitar solo as well.

Im very happy with the outcome of the song...its a song im proud of showing to anyone

As for the solo being overdubbed to Robin's solo...I believe thats Richard guitar and thats a lower layer...we shall se live...I think it sound pretty damn good

• Like 4

The drums sound fucking amazing, possibly the best part for me. Much closer to how they sounded on Chinese for me. They did Frank pretty dirty with that boosted kick drum on Hard Skool so I'm glad they got this one right. Don't know if its Brain or Frank, but one of the fills sounds very Frank to me. I guess we'll find out at the next show if they play it. 

Edited by Spaghetti4twenty

19 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

So guessing Spotify USA tomorrow?

Yeah it appears their idea of great promotion (and probably why it was delayed a week) was to give Audacy rock stations in the USA the song exclusively to play one day before it officially came out. It also seems based on Audacy’s description of the song that they may be trying to mislead people that this is a new song that Axl/Slash/Duff wrote together…

https://www.audacy.com/national/music/world-premiere-guns-n-roses-perhaps

According to an official release, "Perhaps" was "written and recorded by Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan this year," and is their "first collective new composition and recording together in thirty years since 1993’s 'The Spaghetti Incident?'"

Check out the band's brand new single "Perhaps" all day Thursday, August 17, beginning at 12AM ET on your favorite Audacy Rock stations.

Edited by Martin Riggs
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

The drums sound fucking amazing, possibly the best part for me. Much closer to how they sounded on Chinese for me. They did Frank pretty dirty with that boosted kick drum on Hard Skool so I'm glad they got this one right. Don't know if its Brain or Frank, but one of the fills sounds very Frank to me. I guess we'll find out at the next show if they play it. 

It's Brain, just like on Absurd and Hard Skool.

uten_260.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

At this stage, hoping for a bonafide GNR radio hit is a pipedream. If they managed to pull a November Rain 2 out of their ass, it might be possible, but times are different. We should enjoy the songs for what they are.

GNR's best chance of a commercial (studio wise) comeback, is If Stranger things or something of that ilk samples NR or Sweet Child into its story....entirely possible, it would hook a new generation...look what it's done for Kate Bush! Crazy.

5 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Not manly enough for you I guess?

Unfortunately I prefer the leaked version. I like the earlier vocal takes. It seems overly ambitious and too jam packed with unnecessary and needless noise I cannot reconcile. I suppose beggars can’t be choosers at this point.

The Slash solo is growing on me and I like that there is a bit of Robin on there - kind of continues the Chinese vibe of releasing songs with former lead guitarists on them :lol:

Definitely the strongest single so far - hoping it gets played live soon! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eddiedingle said:

Haven't heard it yet.  Did Axl record new vocals or are they  from leak from years back?

Sounds like there’s new vocals on the verses and background in the chorus. I’m surprised the chorus lyrics are more intelligible than the demo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Yeah it appears their idea of great promotion (and probably why it was delayed a week) was to give Audacy rock stations in the USA the song exclusively to play one day before it officially came out. It also seems based on Audacy’s description of the song that they may be trying to mislead people that this is a new song that Axl/Slash/Duff wrote together…

https://www.audacy.com/national/music/world-premiere-guns-n-roses-perhaps

I think it’s most likely that these songs are here to fulfill the band’s promotion requirements with these Live Nation tours. It would mean Axl doesn’t have to do press to promote shows/tours to get news cycle flowing  

I think it’s obvious by now that he doesn’t want do those types of things. Also that the band (and label if they are even involved outside of distribution) do not want to spend $ and the internal time to promote it any further 

There will be a few social media posts and then perhaps some physical media to push to the fans at some point

To me both Hard Skool and Absurd really felt like b-sides, not proper singles. But Perhaps feels more like a proper GN'R song to me. I admit that it's not a total banger, and it still kinda has that "ChiDem b-sides" feel to it, but I would much rather hear this live than Hard Skool or Absurd. Luckily now it's a real possibility that we will hear Perhaps live soon.

Edited by Judezki
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

Unfortunately I prefer the leaked version. I like the earlier vocal takes. It seems overly ambitious and too jam packed with unnecessary and needless noise I cannot reconcile. I suppose beggars can’t be choosers at this point.

Im exact opposite after people hyping up Perhaps right before the Village Leaks, i was very disappointed in the demo, this to me justs seems crisp and polished and the deeper chorus, drums and pianos that were added change my opinion on the song

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blakemajors1 said:

So it isn’t robin’s solo if he isn’t credited right? Shouldn’t they all be listed out if that was the case?

I do find the press release that implied it was written by Axl, Slash and Duff pretty weird given that it dates from the NuGuns era. I suppose if Axl came up with the structure, lyrics and vocal melody then it isn’t incorrect as that’s classed as writing and then Slash and Duff did the recording two decades afterwards…

21 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I love how Axl sounds on this...it sounds like himself and that's all it matter.

I must admit that I said bad things about Slash's solo but it has grown on me and sounds as any GnR guitar solo as well.

Im very happy with the outcome of the song...its a song im proud of showing to anyone

As for the solo being overdubbed to Robin's solo...I believe thats Richard guitar and thats a lower layer...we shall se live...I think it sound pretty damn good

I think Slash does a good job of giving the song what it needs (a melodic connection between the two versus) instead of overly inserting himself onto the pre-arranged piece.