Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

I have good headphones and there's definitely extreme saturation bordering on clipping. It doesn't sound good whatever it is. 

I have the ProAudioMasters high resolution file and don't hear any clipping on that, my meter rates it as a DR9 which is not terrible for rock music nowadays

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, uruguns said:

I don't have the leaked Perhaps version right now, can anyone confirm if vocal track is the same or re recorded?

The main vocals are the same expect for possibly the very last notes which may be from another track or tinkered with. Then there is a deep layered vocal track in the chorus that may be new, although some people say it was already in the demo but has now been mixed higher. 

• Like 1

I was disappointed.  Especially seeing it on Spotify with all the Perhaps merch- Perhaps clothing and a Perhaps 8-ball like the cover. 

after listening a few times, does anyone have a melody to hum from the song.   I can remember the general flow of the chords and the “hey heys” but the rest is like a wall of procesing. Even Axl’s voice.

I hope it’s more raw live and they don’t over-do the pro tools live rig for vocal filters and pitch correction 

• ABSUЯD 4

Can the vinyl only be bought on the official website? Isn't there a chance to find it on Amazon later? From Italy I would pay a lot of customs taxes if I buy it from both the USA and the UK stores (thank you Brexit)…

Edited by ThERoveR

4 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

In case anyone’s wondering about my mental well-being lately, it took me from Friday morning until about 4 minutes ago to realize why it’s “Side G” and “Side R” instead of A and B.

Well, it took your comment for me 😂

Regarding Perhaps, I'm wondering why they say it's written by Axl, Slash and Duff when we know it's not, unless they get a credit for the music they added? But the song structure is exactly the same.

3 hours ago, ThERoveR said:

Can the vinyl only be bought on the official website? Isn't there a chance to find it on Amazon later? From Italy I would pay a lot of customs taxes if I buy it from both the USA and the UK stores (thank you Brexit)…

Nightrain exclusive next year lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I have the ProAudioMasters high resolution file and don't hear any clipping on that, my meter rates it as a DR9 which is not terrible for rock music nowadays

Yeah I don't think it's clipping on the actual master. Certain elements in the track do distort though. Could be intentional but I'm not a fan of how it sounds. 

Edited by Jw224

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The funny part is they did a 1-minute live montage video for Hardschool when it dropped. Crazy that it took them 3 singles to release a full live montage video, but at least they finally did it.

It kinda seems like, by some miracle, they learned from the botched Hardschool release. Release the song, video, physical and merch all at the same time like a normal band, and more fans will respond positively. Who knew...

Where's that montage for HS?

5 hours ago, Master Of Reality said:

1.2 million views on youtube in 2 days and a lot of very positive reaction videos popping up. I wasn't expecting this, but it might become a hit. Can't wait to hear The General!

I predict 2 million by Wednesday! 

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

My new theory is that whoever wrote that press statement claiming this to be a newly-written song must’ve been someone from the record label who jumped to conclusions, and then whoever manages the band’s website saw that and then jumped to conclusions themselves.

It was probably their publicist (they're working with a PR company that prepares and issues the press releases, provides the media with pictures from the concerts, etc.). But I suppose they didn't make it up; someone must have fed them with that information.