Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

What the hell is this? Is this official art?

I just digged a bit on Google Lens... seems like this is the source of the pic... some song from some guy called "Guns N' Roses"... and this is the cover art.

Don't get how they used this pic for Perhaps though lol

So yeah, not related to GN'R

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

10 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I just digged a bit on Google Lens... seems like this is the source of the pic... some song from some guy called "Guns N' Roses"... and this is the cover art.

That’s sad, I got my hopes up that it was a new album or something lol. Guess it’s not very good art so I’m glad it’s not.

14 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Thank you. I figured it was fake given the Guns n’ roses font.  But it begs the question, how can unauthorized artwork appear on that platform?

27 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That’s sad, I got my hopes up that it was a new album or something lol. Guess it’s not very good art so I’m glad it’s not.

Same honestly... when I saw it I thought "it's happening" lol

21 minutes ago, Macho Vidal said:

Thank you. I figured it was fake given the Guns n’ roses font.  But it begs the question, how can unauthorized artwork appear on that platform?

Yeah, I wonder the same thing

14 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Wow that's a shit song too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kruelty said:

Fuck it, I caved and ordered the Perhaps/General vinyl. A tiny part of me wants to hold out until the vinyl finally is delivered home, and I can experience The General that way for the first time!

I'm tempted to do the same, although i have a suspicion that as soon as it leaks or get digitally release I will cave at the first 2 seconds

• Like 3

6 hours ago, batatadoce said:

I'm tempted to do the same, although i have a suspicion that as soon as it leaks or get digitally release I will cave at the first 2 seconds

Last time I ordered anything from GN'R was the Shadow of Your Love vinyl, and if I'm not misremembering, it took a good while before I got it in my hands.

Hoping the digital release comes sooner rather than later, because this whole General debacle is making me the most anxious I've ever been as a GN'R fan!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kruelty said:

Fuck it, I caved and ordered the Perhaps/General vinyl. A tiny part of me wants to hold out until the vinyl finally is delivered home, and I can experience The General that way for the first time!

Honestly, I want to wait until I can spin the vinyl myself but the lore of 15 years will probably make me listen to the first rip that hits YouTube 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, batatadoce said:

Handcuff yourself to the record player....AT ALL COSTS!

12 hours ago, kruelty said:

Last time I ordered anything from GN'R was the Shadow of Your Love vinyl, and if I'm not misremembering, it took a good while before I got it in my hands.

Hoping the digital release comes sooner rather than later, because this whole General debacle is making me the most anxious I've ever been as a GN'R fan!

How does that Shadow Vinyl sound outta interest?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I’m still irritated that there’s no CD release this time around. 

Don’t even get me started on if “The General” doesn’t become available for stream/download….

I think there will be an EP sometime before Christmas with some additional live tracks at ıeast. Think they try to sell as many as possible of the LP single first

Listened thru both the leak and official release again, and was pretty surprised to find I much prefer the official release. I think it obviously is benefitted by a superior mix, but the rhythm section sounds a lot more focused to me as well in the release.

Was also kinda weird to hear the rest of the Robin solo after the inital guitar bend :lol:

The only thing I really miss from the leak is the three-note guitar motif during the verses. Kinda like how Street of Dreams is missing the guitar fills from the intro in the Blues.

3 minutes ago, kruelty said:

Listened thru both the leak and official release again, and was pretty surprised to find I much prefer the official release. I think it obviously is benefitted by a superior mix, but the rhythm section sounds a lot more focused to me as well in the release.

Was also kinda weird to hear the rest of the Robin solo after the inital guitar bend :lol:

The only thing I really miss from the leak is the three-note guitar motif during the verses. Kinda like how Street of Dreams is missing the guitar fills from the intro in the Blues.

My ideal Perhaps is the official version with Robin's full solo, and the guitars you mention during the verses. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

My ideal Perhaps is the official version with Robin's full solo, and the guitars you mention during the verses. 

I'd love to have a collection of isolated tracks (like the ones from Chinese) which we could just use to Frankenstein every song! :lol:

Neither of the Slash/Finck solos on Perhaps are particularly outstanding to my ear, but it's got more to do with the band's accopagnement methinks. If the solo went on for a while longer with more dynamics in the rhythm section it could've maybe been a lot cooler. Something in the vein of Street of Dreams, where it the rhythm section builds up in intensity and allows for the solo to reach its peak without dragging on for too long.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kruelty said:

I'd love to have a collection of isolated tracks (like the ones from Chinese) which we could just use to Frankenstein every song! :lol:

Neither of the Slash/Finck solos on Perhaps are particularly outstanding to my ear, but it's got more to do with the band's accopagnement methinks. If the solo went on for a while longer with more dynamics in the rhythm section it could've maybe been a lot cooler. Something in the vein of Street of Dreams, where it the rhythm section builds up in intensity and allows for the solo to reach its peak without dragging on for too long.

I agree, in fact I think it would have been cool if they kept Robin's solo, and then had Slash extend it with his later bits. I felt Slash's tone was off for that track, too low in key to fit the song where Robin's came in pretty high.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

It'd be great to know why Robin is still on Perhaps, for all of 3 seconds. I'm fairly sure it's some kind of in joke, referencing us on the forum how a lot of people were saying "I hope Robin and Bucket are still on it somewhere", so Axl has gone "you want Robin? Here you go"

Haha that would be great! I'm sure Slash and Richard could have copied Robin's 3 seconds, and better fitting it to Slash's solo, so it certainly was deliberate to keep Robin on there in some capacity.

I sure hope we get more seconds of Bucket on the next song. :)