Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

5 hours ago, Swedish said:

This is the exact quote:
”If your order is or contains a pre-order product, your item(s) will be picked, packed and shipped within 24 hours of the stated release date.“

What I’m trying to say is that if none of us are able to hear The General next Friday, we should not be to surprised!

Which to me means, no one has access to the physical copies yet, or they’d be packed early and ready to go. Likely for leak avoidance. 

14 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

That’s you?! I’ve watched this quite a few times this year!

Haha, it is me. As far as I know. ^_^

13 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Slash should have taken a lesson from Voodoochild before he put his parts on Perhaps. 

I wouldn't even start to play guitar back in 1995 with it wasn't for Slash. I have all the respect for him.

6 hours ago, Matt07 said:

The solo on “Perhaps” seems to have a very similar motive to George Harrison’s solo on “Let it Be”. 

Which one? There are at least three versions (I like the Let it Be Naked better).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Haha, it is me. As far as I know. ^_^

I wouldn't even start to play guitar back in 1995 with it wasn't for Slash. I have all the respect for him.

Which one? There are at least three versions (I like the Let it Be Naked better).

The version from the 2009 remaster. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 10:41 PM, Swedish said:

This is the exact quote:
”If your order is or contains a pre-order product, your item(s) will be picked, packed and shipped within 24 hours of the stated release date.“

What I’m trying to say is that if none of us are able to hear The General next Friday, we should not be to surprised!

I had the same email about the new Duff album and I'm still waiting...

3 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I wasn't replying to Coma16 (if I was, I would have quoted them). Rather, I was referring the general attitude of a lot of posters on this sub who pine for the ChiDem lineup and dismiss Slash's playing. There are a few posters who are *already* complaining that Duff and, especially, Slash will be featured on The General because they're convinced that Slash's guitar work will be subpar and not as good as Buckethead's original work...that they haven't heard.

Sorry bro, but it's solely Slash's fault. People really think what Slash has done on Chinese Democarcy's solos is shit.

And for years they criticized Finck and Buckethead for playing solos on classic songs here on the forum.

Life is ironic!

• Like 1