"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

48 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Yeah The General immediately pulls up GNR and Perhaps in all categories so hopefully that’s a good sign of an imminent digital release.

Or more probably a sign that many are searching for it. 

• Like 1
  • PERHAPS 2

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they wanted to make more money, they'd put it on fucking youtube, itunes, etc.

Only releasing it on vinyl is a great way to make sure that most people who hear it, haven't paid for it :lol:

Seriously lol. Does TB secretly have a stake in a record player company?

I understand this was the “source” of the news of Perhaps being delayed a week, but it wasn’t exactly the biggest risk reporting that. A good guess and a “plans changed” if it still didn’t release a week later and there’s no difference to their business ongoing. 

It absolutely will be released on streaming platforms at some point. Maybe they’ll delay it until the vinyls sales drop off after the release. 

I think it would be quite a good move to release an exclusive bonus track on vinyl only, or something like that. Tons of bands do these kind of things but man - it's the fucking General, there is literally no unreleased other song as mythical as this one :lol:

Makes me think:

- Slash, Duff and co could have listened to it and somehow expressed it wasn't a strong track, but that could be released as a simple B-Side or something;

- Sebastian could have overhyped us for a normal track, with nothing special about it, like he did a couple of times before;

- Maybe they knew how hardcore fans would react and tried to boost vinyl sales on pre-order;

- Maybe it's just really not radio friendly. But idk which GnR songs would fall on this category. Maybe Coma or something.

- Perhaps the lyrical content made them think it wouldn't be a good move to be released as a full-on single like Perhaps

5 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Can you take an audio recording with your cellphone?

My player has a way to rip MP3s from Vinyl so I can just upload it in HQ. I’m sure it’ll be on streaming though

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, it'll be on streaming without a doubt. Absolutely everything gets to streaming. 

That vinyl is just being put out there for collectors etc. Fairly common practice for bands to do this type of thing. 

I believe so

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, it'll be on streaming without a doubt. Absolutely everything gets to streaming. 

That vinyl is just being put out there for collectors etc. Fairly common practice for bands to do this type of thing. 

Not everything, but yeah, 98% of stuff gets to streaming.

2 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

My guess is Bach overhyped the song as usual and it won’t live up to its mythical status anyway.

Very likely- but I'd say that of any song really that we've waited years and years to hear. 

Just builds the hype and expectation.....then reality never lives up to that. CD was a victim of that in the eyes of many. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Very likely- but I'd say that of any song really that we've waited years and years to hear. 

Just builds the hype and expectation.....then reality never lives up to that. CD was a victim of that in the eyes of many. 

Thankfully there was no such hype for Silkworms B-)

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

If they really dont release The General for streaming once the vynil is out only INTELIGENT REASON would be because a EP or an Album is coming closely and it will be streamed there, any other reason is stupid not to stream it. We need an EP of all the leftovers anyway, Atlas, etc included. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

I think it would be quite a good move to release an exclusive bonus track on vinyl only, or something like that. Tons of bands do these kind of things but man - it's the fucking General, there is literally no unreleased other song as mythical as this one :lol:

Makes me think:

- Slash, Duff and co could have listened to it and somehow expressed it wasn't a strong track, but that could be released as a simple B-Side or something;

- Sebastian could have overhyped us for a normal track, with nothing special about it, like he did a couple of times before;

- Maybe they knew how hardcore fans would react and tried to boost vinyl sales on pre-order;

- Maybe it's just really not radio friendly. But idk which GnR songs would fall on this category. Maybe Coma or something.

- Perhaps the lyrical content made them think it wouldn't be a good move to be released as a full-on single like Perhaps

It could be a "good move" if it wasn't the 4th new song released by the band in 14 years.

GN'R are the last band on the planet that should be making it anymore difficult than it already is for fans to hear new music. 

Anyway, I hope this is wrong and it gets a digital release of some description.

• Like 2