"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

16 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

a bit pessimistic, but im 99 pct sure i heard them jamming "perhaps" in ottawa waay back in 2017. no axl and couldnt hear the keys, but it was a full song i remember saying sounded like sweet home alabama if sabbath wrote it. 

perhaps im wrong though (hey hey)

I was intrigued by this and looked in the thread for that show. You had posted about it then:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

39 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

"Might be" – exactly. We don't know!  There could be a hundred songs out there with the same melody for all ke know. People are wasting their time with some make-believe thing that probably won't come close to the real thing.

Sorry, I just don't see the point. I don't get it at all

The melody for Evader's mix is based off the cell phone clip, is it not? 

20 minutes ago, DannyVinyard said:

The melody for Evader's mix is based off the cell phone clip, is it not? 

Right, so a short, crappy quality clip has been padded out to however many minutes and accepted as gospel? Nah, not for me.

49 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I never listened to Evader's version in the first place. No disrespect for Evader's work, very talented! I just had no interest in something that is not really Guns N Roses. (Same thing with the Village leak instrumentals that I listened to only once.)

Hell, I've refused to even listen the the cell phone clip.

This. Just got no interest whatsoever, although I did listen to it. Talented guy, has made something out of basically nothing, but it doesn't need overhyping. It's an educated guess, not a cover...

Which brings me onto this – the fanbase hates the band doing actual covers, but for some reason loves a make-believe track not even done by the band 😂

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I was intrigued by this and looked in the thread for that show. You had posted about it then:

Maybe the idea of reworking the songs was always the inicial idea but the constant touring didn't help to get on the studio before the lockdown

• Like 1

Releasing it on vynly is the stupidest thing ever.

Everything is digital these days 

They Don't even install CD players in new cars anymore. 

Way to say F-You to your fan base.

I guess we all will have our first listen off of a recording of the vynly playing...a la the juke box recording of Perhaps.

So...stupid 

Edited by Illusion1987
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Songs nowadays often leak just a day or two before release, and this one is only vinyl and pretty limited

Yeah i miss the old days of the leaks. More people willing to trade back then. I have been trying to get The General and a few other songs for years. Unfortunately to the very few hoarders that have stuff im not sure if I have anything worth their while that either hasn't leaked or if I do they either have already or would be deemed fake immediately. Thing is I wouldn't leak anything (especially not with everything going on in my life currently) I just want them as a fan who collects not because of the "I have it and you dont" mentality lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

Releasing it on vynly is the stupidest thing ever.

Everything is digital these days 

They Don't even install CD players in new cars anymore. 

Way to say F-You to your fan base.

I guess we all will have our first listen off of a recording of the vynly playing...a la the juke box recording of Perhaps.

So...stupid 

Are you also mad about movies not being on VHS anymore? :)

1 hour ago, Carnal894x said:

Yeah i miss the old days of the leaks. More people willing to trade back then. I have been trying to get The General and a few other songs for years. Unfortunately to the very few hoarders that have stuff im not sure if I have anything worth their while that either hasn't leaked or if I do they either have already or would be deemed fake immediately. Thing is I wouldn't leak anything (especially not with everything going on in my life currently) I just want them as a fan who collects not because of the "I have it and you dont" mentality lol

Well, you just did that, didn’t you? Or was that a not so subtle way to raise awareness that you are willing to trade something? 

• Like 1