"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

38 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I can be wrong, but i feel that limited release is about they intentions is include in the "next album".  Is just a guess.

That's very optimistic lol.

They probably just like to mess with us. And it's easier than to actually release a great album.

I wonder if Slash and Duff picked the song without guitars and bass and then just write their parts on their own with no prior knowledge or if they actually listen to the fully formed version with Tommy, Robin, Bucket etc. 

I mean, there’s a guitar riff in that cell phone recording. I’m curious if that will survive in any shape or form. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I wonder if Slash and Duff picked the song without guitars and bass and then just write their parts on their own with no prior knowledge or if they actually listen to the fully formed version with Tommy, Robin, Bucket etc. 

If I had to bet one coin, I'd say they start by listening to the previous version with guitars and bass still there, so they can get a rough grasp of what the initial idea was, then they work on the bare bones version and do their own thing. It would be indeed VERY nice to hear them talk about this process more in-depth than the usual "Axl had these songs that he wanted to get out, so we went in and recorded on them".

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Carnal894x said:

Yeah i miss the old days of the leaks. More people willing to trade back then. I have been trying to get The General and a few other songs for years. Unfortunately to the very few hoarders that have stuff im not sure if I have anything worth their while that either hasn't leaked or if I do they either have already or would be deemed fake immediately. Thing is I wouldn't leak anything (especially not with everything going on in my life currently) I just want them as a fan who collects not because of the "I have it and you dont" mentality lol

Same here. The one gem I have I can’t share or trade in any way so I’m kinda stuck with it. And it’s not anything that interesting anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I mean, there’s a guitar riff in that cell phone recording. I’m curious if that will survive in any shape or form. 

I believe they listen to the original songs as inspiration. 
I hope they save that riff too, or leave it alone entirely. It’s wonderful and very fitting for the song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Well, you just did that, didn’t you? Or was that a not so subtle way to raise awareness that you are willing to trade something? 

Ha maybe in the back of my mind I wanted my willingness to trade to be known just in case that I may have something (doubt it really but who tf knows at this point) but I really was just expressing the fact that I miss the leak days due to the fact there was way more material worth finding and more people that actually had said material. 

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Same here. The one gem I have I can’t share or trade in any way so I’m kinda stuck with it. And it’s not anything that interesting anyway. 

Totally understand that but.....Damn it sweersa now you got me curious 🤣 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

Ha maybe in the back of my mind I wanted my willingness to trade to be known just in case that I may have something (doubt it really but who tf knows at this point) but I really was just expressing the fact that I miss the leak days due to the fact there was way more material worth finding and more people that actually had said material. 

Totally understand that but.....Damn it sweersa now you got me curious 🤣 

It’s an instrumental version of a song from CD. It happens to not be a song that was in the Village leaks. My best guess is it’s from 2004-2005. Nothing too special. Someone skilled enough could probably have fashioned 90% of it with the multitrack, but it is not so. I made a promise never to share it, and thus it remains so. Even if someone dangled the Buckethead Soul Monster in front of me for it, I couldn’t do it. So, best of luck to you my friend! 
The guy, Saul of the old Buckethead forum had stuff. But he wasn’t going to trade or sell anything when I reached out to him ten years ago. There’s others out there, but far fewer than once before. I believe the 2008 incident scared many off. 

• Wow 1

27 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It’s an instrumental version of a song from CD. It happens to not be a song that was in the Village leaks. My best guess is it’s from 2004-2005. Nothing too special. Someone skilled enough could probably have fashioned 90% of it with the multitrack, but it is not so. I made a promise never to share it, and thus it remains so. Even if someone dangled the Buckethead Soul Monster in front of me for it, I couldn’t do it. So, best of luck to you my friend! 
The guy, Saul of the old Buckethead forum had stuff. But he wasn’t going to trade or sell anything when I reached out to him ten years ago. There’s others out there, but far fewer than once before. I believe the 2008 incident scared many off. 

Sounds cool man! I have a couple instrumentals as well I believe would have to be from that time period. No worries wasnt asking for it just was curious as to what it was. I'm pretty confident Ill still be able to get more stuff eventually but with work and work transfer/custody battle and expecting a new baby soon limits my searching time but I scour from time to time. 

Edited by Carnal894x
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

Sounds cool man! I have a couple instrumentals as well I believe would have to be from that time period. No worries wasnt asking for it just was curious as to what it was. I'm pretty confident Ill still be able to get more stuff eventually but with work and work transfer/custody battle and expecting a new baby soon limits my searching time but I scour from time to time. 

The most desirable instrumental would be Shackler’s Revenge with Bucket’s solo. (The Village one is too early) You can hear bits of Bucket’s solo in one of the multitrack stems. 

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Sucks for the Europeans who are getting their records delayed, but the US site now says it's shipping October 26. So some people might actually get it (and rip it) on the 27th.

image.png.512d7425a09feb7addbe03505dfe6850.png

I think that people who have ordered from stores in Europe earlier than this week are likely to get it on time, too. The issue is probably for those who are ordering now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Sucks for the Europeans who are getting their records delayed, but the US site now says it's shipping October 26. So some people might actually get it (and rip it) on the 27th.

Great! Gotta say here it still shows "Ships on October 27", though. And yes, I'm looking at the US store. Maybe it's a cache thing? I don't know. But great news it this sticks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What's the story with that? European's are still waiting for the Appetite re-release that everyone else got a month ago.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I think that people who have ordered from stores in Europe earlier than this week are likely to get it on time, too. The issue is probably for those who are ordering now.

I hope so and I thought about it myself but it says 'release date: November 3rd' on de.gnrmerch.com

Edited by Free Bird