"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

59 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Looking forward to hearing it but not expecting anything different from the general methodology of the most recent GN'R tunes.. limited chorus, old vocals that are doubled up in the chorus, etc. Expecting a song that we've not heard but before but that feels familiar

As long as the vocals are good, I don’t mind them being old. Why would I? Much prefer Axl in his 40s than now. 

I do expect this song to not be a really catchy one. Maybe doesn’t even have a chorus, like Estranged. I have high hopes for the drums, as this is a Brain song. 

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Come on then guys, over/under how many trolls are gonna launch fame bids of "I've got The General early" posts on Reddit, YT and here this next week....?

I think we already had plenty :lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

As long as the vocals are good, I don’t mind them being old. Why would I? Much prefer Axl in his 40s than now. 

I do expect this song to not be a really catchy one. Maybe doesn’t even have a chorus, like Estranged. I have high hopes for the drums, as this is a Brain song. 

I think we already had plenty :lol:

Yea but overdrive this coming week, mark my words! As when it's out, no longer a holy grail to boast about...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • PERHAPS 1

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Come on then guys, over/under how many trolls are gonna launch fame bids of "I've got The General early" posts on Reddit, YT and here this next week....?

I expect the next few days to be hilarious. We'll have people coming across fake snippets and posting them here asking if they're legit.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Haven't you heard? Record stores already have tons of copies and they came with a 56-page legal letter warning against leaks. :rofl-lol:

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I expect the next few days to be hilarious. We'll have people coming across fake snippets and posting them here asking if they're legit.

And it will still be clips of evader's version. A year from now, we'll still see people posting evader's version thinking it's the nuGNR demo.

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

55 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Rinse repeat....yep!

32 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Haven't you heard? Record stores already have tons of copies and they came with a 56-page legal letter warning against leaks. :rofl-lol:

And it will still be clips of evader's version. A year from now, we'll still see people posting evader's version thinking it's the nuGNR demo.

I heard that version can't come out due to a lawsuit from Axl's stepfather...Evader tried to crowdfund the fight, but ya know, that's why he's underground now....

48 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

And I suppose those who "got it early" can't share it because they're afraid of the 56-page legal letter, but they'll be glad to describe it, like, "it's the verses of State of Grace and the bridge is very close to Evader's version" :lol:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Maybe it was merged with Soul Monster like how Rocket Queen was two songs merged together?

I think that could be the case but wouldn't that cause some issues because aren't they both supposed to be these epic songs. So I wouldn't really make sense to combine them because they didn't with the November rain trilogy