"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

52 minutes ago, D.. said:

You know, I share a common point with Axl. It took me a long time to realize it, but my maid is brazilian. I took care of his son several times and give her gifts for him from time to time.

They're among the nicest people I know.

If anything, Beta and Fernando clearly are very nice people who took care of a lot of things and hadn't they been here, I don't think there'd be anything regarding Guns as of now. Axl may have auto-destroyed himself. You should thank them instead of small cheap attacks like this.

This vinyl is partly for the money, for everyone involved, maybe. So what? They all deserve it. And I doubt it'll be a big source of income.

Next time I'll take a loan out so I can take some expensive attacks to compete with you, D....

I bid you good day.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

What update would that be? "The General is still the B side to the single Perhaps which will be released on vinyl in October"? Why should the band need to restate the obvious because of the fanbase's neurotic behavior? 

People did ask the band's manager if the song would be released digitally and he just said Perhaps. 

He could have just said Yes, No, Maybe later, Don't know but he had to try to be funny. 

These guys could clarify a lot of things if they really wanted. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Voodoochild said:

Why not? People who bought it are confused, nobody really have any confirmation of shipping. Fans are confused, not really neurotic.

It may be obvious for you, but it's not for me and seems like I'm not alone on this. 

But everyone that bought it knew that it started shipping on the 27th, and today is 26th... it was clearly stated in the website.

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Why not? People who bought it are confused, nobody really have any confirmation of shipping. Fans are confused, not really neurotic.

It may be obvious for you, but it's not for me and seems like I'm not alone on this. 

The German distributor even had no clue about why it was delayed and gave pretty much a non-answer as to why that happened. 

This forced mystique really works great. Totally professional.

Where is the confusion, at least for fans here in the states? When I preordered my Perhaps vinyl, it said it will be shipped on Oct. 27, 2023. I don’t expect an email confirmation till tomorrow, and if I don’t get one, I wouldn’t be surprised that “plans changed.” But regardless, that means I should get another email stating it’s delayed. I was hoping “The General” would drop on Spotify on Friday as well. But to quote a band that actually does release new music, The Menzingers, “They say hope is a dangerous, dangerous little thing.”

• Like 1

Current Mission....

Found those bloody warehouses housing the 7"'s! 

Lock, Stock and Turntable heist! 

Did someone see the comment on some random YT live where someone suggested Melissa (her recent show absence) had been kidnapped In order to exchange safe return for the Buckethead/ Finck General mix) Foreverdreaming or something

Edited by colonizedmind

8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Why would you be getting a confirmation of shipping? The release date is the 27th of October, it's currently the 26th of October. 

1 minute ago, General2112 said:

Someone commented on one of Susan’s pictures on instagram and said I hope we get the general on streaming very soon and she liked it. I really hope they surprise us. They also have a show tomorrow 

That pretty much confirms for me that is going to be released digitally, my bet is next week

20 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

The logical move is release the vinyl and some days after release in streaming. If they announce a release date some people will cancel the vinyl.

I wish they release the General in Halloween night

I’m in Australia and just got a email saying it’s been delayed until December 8th and to click a link confirming I still want it otherwise it’s automatically cancelled? 

Edited by GnRFresh

16 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

But everyone that bought it knew that it started shipping on the 27th, and today is 26th... it was clearly stated in the website.

9 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Why would you be getting a confirmation of shipping? The release date is the 27th of October, it's currently the 26th of October. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The GNR site currently says 'ships on October 26'. Some people will probably get their confirmation emails today.

Well, this was US. What about the rest of the world?

And I'm not saying they NEED to do something about it. I'm saying they could. It would be nice. It wouldn't take ANY effort to tweet something reassuring. 

I didn't want to buy the vinyl, but if I did, there's no announced date here in Brazil. Why is this so hard? I'm still a fan, I'd like to listen to this new song too and I would pay for it if it was available in a proper digital release.

15 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

The German distributor even had no clue about why it was delayed and gave pretty much a non-answer as to why that happened. 

This forced mystique really works great. Totally professional.

Yeah. 

17 minutes ago, murph said:

Haha.. Shout out to the new gnr. Com members.. I still chat with bumb. L. Foot (og mod) from there time to time

Where's sladdi?