"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

The General is like if Massive Attack got ahold of the Village Sessions, I like it

At first I was like "this isn't the epic masterpiece like Estranged" it had been hyped up to be, but if both tracks are treated as two-parts of one singular thing it does have quite the sonic journey

Edited by WhazUp

Just now, AtlasShrugged said:

What if idea became putting these on their own vinyl release? Def a 1-2 punch. Who cares now anyway. They fucked it themselves. Had more than enough time.

Yeah, we got there in the end. 

If they want to package them up on a CD I'll give them the money. If they can't work out how to do that, or refuse, their loss now. 

I bet management are fucking fuming right now! 

Just now, Barlog said:

Monsters being the cellphone leak song is a hell of a plot twist

The fact that a song no one knew existed played for a party of people is good enough evidence for me that we have no clue the extent of stuff in the vault.

• Like 4

-10                               11-10        -

-      6     8-9                                  -

-                      8-7                         -                      6-7-8-7

-                                                    -       4-5-6-5                 6-7-8-7-6-0

-                                                    -                                                          8-9-10

-                                                     -                                                                      ---slide---15

repeat

Ironically if you took away the drum machines and added Matt Sorum, Monsters sounds like something Scott Weiland could have sang for 2004-era VR

I don't think Slash and Axl were ever musically that far apart from each other even when Axl did his electronic stuff

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

The fact that a song no one knew existed played for a party of people is good enough evidence for me that we have no clue the extent of stuff in the vault.

Ok....I and a bunch of people kept offering this idea that THAT clip was perhaps NOT the General....because truly to base it on a twitter confirmation when we know all kinda of songs etc have been combined and added to each other was a keep of faith to take and we were far to furvently sure of it ...indeed, we have no idea!

Edited by colonizedmind

This is what I could gather from The General. Remember, English is not my 1st language.

daddy dont
I swear I wont
I'll be good from the wall
And I'm all but sorry

daddy dont
Da hell I wont
I won't be good from the wall
And you all be sorry

Can anybody help me
Why the pain it cant stop?
Can anybody help me
This pain it just wont stop?