"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Before the thread got taken down on Reddit, Fernando commented this "It was held back due to the very bad quality of the vinyl we first received and we finally got it to the right spot."

If you look on his profile the comment is still there. I'm guessing what we are hearing is rips of these poor quality vinyls that have been rejected 

If General and Monsters were both supposed to be on there, then the quality just IS going to be bad. Too much music. 

Perhaps really had me scratching my head with Axl's vocal choices. The whole thing sounded so "cut and paste" to me. First impressions of these two are much better. 

Monsters easily the catchier of the two. Somehow gives me both a hip-hop and old school rock vibe? Sounds pretty fresh nonetheless.
Awesome breakdown in the bridge, fairly safe work from Slash (as usual). I think Axl kills it - really dynamic lead and his layering / backing vocals I thought were really enjoyable to listen to. No weird "hay haaaaayy" bullshit which drove me nuts with Perhaps. 

The General is probably not what many of us expected. It's not what I expected. I like it, but I also see why it was relegated to a B-side. It's an interesting song; does sound weirdly dated. Don't know that it would make it into a regular rotation, but I'll definitely come back to Monsters.

tl;dr/10
Monsters - somewhere between a 7 and an 8
The General - it's a 5.5 from me dawg

*Perhaps: 3.5, Hard Stool: 6.5, AbsuRd: 0

• Like 1

1 minute ago, betterman said:

I believe the leak might be a gift from the band after the fuck up, but they are not going to admit it

Otherwise...where? And why now

...a fan leaked wouldn't of waited until release day....so if Fernando said it was a bad mix, who would of even had access at this stage and to leak without losing their job....

This is even the most interesting part of the story! 

6 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Before the thread got taken down on Reddit, Fernando commented this "It was held back due to the very bad quality of the vinyl we first received and we finally got it to the right spot."

If you look on his profile the comment is still there. I'm guessing what we are hearing is rips of these poor quality vinyls that have been rejected 

Oh jesus christ.. Why can't they just release these digitally? But all in all its good to know there will be better quality versions out.

• Like 1