"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Just now, gibbinson said:

CELLPHONE clip what song is that? Cause the lyrics are different!!

Who would do this to you!!!!

Phone clip also has that lead line which was in a way reminiscent of Estranged.

Definitely sounds like lyrics were changed too.

1 minute ago, Skamos66 said:

I can't link the discord or the soundcloud i was just informed.
Sorry to those that pissed off, just was trying to help 🤷, but if it is against the rules I will of course oblige.

You can private message it

48 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Fan speculation turned into "fact" is how Me and My Elvis became Soul Monster. There was never a single word from anyone in the know that made the claim. It was simply an assumption based on the various working titles we heard about.

I never understood most fans' confidence about Me and My Elvis = Soul Monster just because of "Elvis".

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GNR4Ever2024 said:

Dont lie to sound cool. You will be listening  more than once.

Lol. Yeah thats me. I've listened to both now probably a dozen times in car and with headphones. Still love monsters. Still not crazy about the other half.

• Like 1

If the orchestra is higher in the mix in the final master, and the slightly muddied effect in the choruses (most likely bad vinyl rip) are cleaned, this will finally be the next great GnR epic. Slash's leads remind me of beggars and hangers on outro

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • PERHAPS 1

Just now, deathrevan said:

axl said it was the same song in the forum chats

No, he didn't. He said that it was originally called "Leave Me Alone" (same as in Marco Beltrami's interview from 2003), then "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul" and then "The Soul Monster". He didn't say "Me and My Elvis".

• Like 2

Anyone figure out the lyrics to The general yet? 

I personally believe monsters is written about his mother and the two songs are connected similar to brain damage and eclipse.., we will rock you /we are the champions.., etc. 

2 minutes ago, murph said:

Anyone figure out the lyrics to The general yet? 

I personally believe monsters is written about his mother and the two songs are connected similar to brain damage and eclipse.., we will rock you /we are the champions.., etc. 

I was thinking The General = Victim POV, Monsters = Abuser POV, but good take, that works too.

2 minutes ago, Miden34 said:

i was thinking the same exact thing

I think it's probably an earlier version, because you can really subtlety hear it as "oohs" at the end of Monsters. Same melody anyway so it's the same song.

Now that this is out, I would love to know who had heard it before today and where(cause I’m sure there is some people that have heard it before today) now that they won’t get berated with questions about the song