• TWAT live at Hammerstein Ballroom 2006
  • Tokyo, Taipei and Osaka 2009 - especially Tokyo
  • Live at the Forum and Live at the Joint 2012 livestreams
  • Robin Finck guest appearance at House of Blues 2012
  • The leaks along the way

that NYC TWAT was biblical :headbang:

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Dean said:

Sailing, Wembley 2006. Unreal. What a voice. What a band.

House of Blues 2001 and Rock In Rio III are by and large my most played Guns shows, which surprises even me given how much I played Rock AM Ring back in the day. Axl really put it all out there vocally. I know the '02 voice is an acquired taste, but the range and power he had, to sing two part harmonies on KOHD himself is testament to how confident he was in his chops at that point. That House of Blues show from 01/01/01, in terms of start to finish, has to be up there with one of the most flawless vocal performances he's ever done. The small stage obviously plays it's part, but it's essentially studio quality vox for the duration.

Sailing was the first thing that came to my mind. KOHD from Rock Am Ring was another great one, it's flawless and I've played it for plenty of friends/co-workers over the years. After that I'd say pretty much the whole period from Asia 2009 - South America 2010 was their peak, but those 2001 shows are really special too.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Well I can't really comment positive on Ashba era (except maybe 2009-2010) but full respect for 2001-2006 band.

Had everything go as planned, this band could get massive. I would say, even outperforming the old band.

It's kind of a comedy to see the same exact people who strongly reject or make fun of Nu Guns idea, are getting excited about new singles. Songs that are essentially the works of Robin Finck, Tommy, Buckethead and Brain/Josh. It is very disturbing to hear Slash's half assed solos over these works.

0 chances of that happening  lol, outperforming the old band, with Robin Fink as a guitar  player?  what has this guy done since 2008? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

There were no great Moments in that circus of clowns

Bravo!!!

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Well I can't really comment positive on Ashba era (except maybe 2009-2010) but full respect for 2001-2006 band.

Had everything go as planned, this band could get massive. I would say, even outperforming the old band.

It's kind of a comedy to see the same exact people who strongly reject or make fun of Nu Guns idea, are getting excited about new singles. Songs that are essentially the works of Robin Finck, Tommy, Buckethead and Brain/Josh. It is very disturbing to hear Slash's half assed solos over these works.

Me! Guilty as charge!

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

There were no great Moments in that circus of clowns

Obviously I've heard this criticism before, but if you look at some of the contemporaries from the time [Wes Borland from Limp Biskit, Slipknot], those guys didn't dress or look any stranger than Bucket and Robin at the time. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

As far as I can see, most of those people would prefer the band to shelve the leftovers and write new material with legends like Slash and Duff on board. 

Nu Guns were never going to be massive.  They just didn't have the songs 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

Nu Guns were never going to be massive.

Past idk, maybe 2006 or 2008, absolutely no incarnation of GnR would have been "massive". The biggest thing that could've happened is a huge reunion tour but no new material would've "taken over the world", no matter the quality. At that point they would have already been seen as a nostalgia act, much like other veteran bands like Metallica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, etc...

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

They just didn't have the songs.

I know I'm in the minority here but IMO, TWAT is one of GnR's greatest artistic works, maybe tied with Estranged or SCOM. CITR and Prostitute are also amazing songs in the quality of their best material. And, IMO, it's by far the best thing to have come out any ex-GnR member related material since UYI.  Plus, I'm pretty sure the reason for rock bands not being huge nowadays is not the quality of the music itself but the fact they are rock bands, and rock music is not what sells and therefore receives less media coverage, less investment, less airplay, etc...

• Like 4