THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

6 minutes ago, drlaban said:

According to Blabbermouth it's out now. DUFF MCKAGAN Names His Favorite GUNS N' ROSES Songs To Perform - BLABBERMOUTH.NET

"The General" was the B-side of GUNS N' ROSES' recently released limited-edition seven-inch vinyl single titled "Perhaps", out now via Geffen Records.

i think somebody messed up or they meant to say it out for radio i heard japan radio played the studio version

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Looks great. Would be a cool artwork for an album honestly.

Was just thinking the same thing… heck, even an album titled “The General” would be 🔥. (In an alternate timeline, we get TG tonight and are surprised to find out it is indeed a single from their new album come Spring 2024. :lol:)

33 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

So tonight?

Considering it was JUST found, as opposed to “Perhaps” being discovered a week before its original release date, me thinks so. 

2 minutes ago, default_ said:

Holy fuck it looks terrible. How can a band this big with a lot of GREAT artists working on their lithos are unable to do a decent cover art is beyond me lol

Looks amateur at best, the use of the effects seems like someone who just started learning photoshop on youtube.

I thought exactly the same- but people seem to really like it?

Looks like cheap shit to me, when the lithos are (largely) fantastic. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I thought exactly the same- but people seem to really like it?

Looks like cheap shit to me, when the lithos are (largely) fantastic. 

Yeah, i can get people enjoying it but as an art director I cant handle their recent artwork. They all look sooo cheap. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

Better than anything with skulls and skeletons (like most lithos).

Its not really about the concept, but the design choices, they clearly dont have a professional doing their artwork aside, maybe, for Hardschool, that was better designed.

1 minute ago, default_ said:

It’s not really about the concept, but the design choices, they clearly dont have a professional doing their artwork aside, maybe, for Hardschool, that was better designed.

I’m thinking it’s cause of the subject matter… plus it’s a B-side, so I’m actually shocked it’s getting artwork and not just being slapped onto “Perhaps” for the streaming services.