You're Guns N'Roses new Manager. How would you help out Guns N'Roses ? 😀🤔

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Ask fans occasionally "hey, would you buy this? Do you like it?" before hitting 'release' on merchandise. 

Part of the whole 'the fans are not the enemy, but actually the people who give you their money' radical approach. I've heard other bands adopt it. 

Speaking of that, in my Fictional Axl Rose stories, my Fictional Axl often says,"We're working for the Fans." 😏  You and my Fictional Axl are on the same page. 😏

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

None of what's being suggested here is remotely realistic. A manager of a band like Guns N' Roses isn't like being the manager of a store. They're facilitators and enablers, not controllers.

What would I do? The same as anyone else: what I'm told.

The second you start demanding and controlling will be the second you get shown the door.

• Like 1

First thing id do is bring back Chris pitman..he was the heart and soul of the band rly... ❤️...

Second thing... id get the band to release 219 albums outs before 2024 ends.

Third thing... finally get a movie out... about the band.. starting from the very begining.... l.a. guns.. all that... Chris hensworth to play Chris pitman...  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Frozeninferno316 said:

First thing id do is bring back Chris pitman..he was the heart and soul of the band rly... ❤️..

laugh-crying-laughing.gif

Yeah let's bring back the guy who was the first to admit they didn't need to release an album because albums don't matter anymore.

He was perfectly fine with it being a nostalgia act until they kicked his ass off the gravy train.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

laugh-crying-laughing.gif

Yeah let's bring back the guy who was the first to admit they didn't need to release an album because albums don't matter anymore.

He was perfectly fine with it being a nostalgia act until they kicked his ass off the gravy train.

ITW and Madagascar are better than any of Melissa's contributions.

26 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

ITW and Madagascar are better than any of Melissa's contributions.

And what are Melissa's contributions exactly? She hasn't had the chance to write any studio parts yet.

If you do know, can I have next week's lottery numbers too please?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

And what are Melissa's contributions exactly? She hasn't had the chance to write any studio parts yet.

If you do know, can I have next week's lottery numbers too please?

She is playing keyboards in Hard Skool, which Caram buried so far in the mix you can barely hear them. So you're right, we haven't heard much from her in the band. But I found her "Regards" collaborations with Bucket and Brain to be very substandard and unimpressive. Certainly didn't have any cool melodies like the songs Pitman co-wrote on CD.

16 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

She is playing keyboards in Hard Skool, which Caram buried so far in the mix you can barely hear them. So you're right, we haven't heard much from her in the band. But I found her "Regards" collaborations with Bucket and Brain to be very substandard and unimpressive. Certainly didn't have any cool melodies like the songs Pitman co-wrote on CD.

Right, so playing on something that someone else came up with, and playing something outside of GN'R.

Until she makes a legitimate ground-up contribution to a GN'R project, comparison is impossible and pointless

On 11/16/2023 at 1:47 PM, jacdaniel said:

Say yes to everything Axl wants so I can keep my job and make bank:lol: 

I'm going to answer your post again. If you say yes to EVERYTHING Axl wants, it might not be such a good idea. If Axl says something like,"I want to shave my head bald and dye it neon blue!" And you say yes to that and he actually does it, YOU would get the heavy criticism for telling him yes! 😳 Axl could also be testing you to see if you are a yesman who will NEVER disagree with him and he might be put off by that. It could be a lose lose situation if you say yes to EVERYTHING Axl wants. 💡

• Haha 1

In no particular order:

1. Fix Slash’s live guitar tone.

2. Stop tarnishing the legacy with tat like kids books and tonka trucks. 

3. Build relationships with the fan base. Create working groups to help get direct feedback on what fans want, to positively influence merch, archive releases etc.

4. Properly archive the recordings. Having a management team that have never heard of infamous demos is a joke. Fully archive everything.

5. Show respect to former members. Whether people like it or not you can’t airbrush out years of history. Get Bucket back for a few live guest spots, just to give him the chance to play TWAT and Better solos live once. Also shows respect to former members / brilliant musicians.

6. Play arenas.

7. Convince Axl to sing lower on certain songs.

8. New album of entirely new recordings.

9. Release the Chinese Democracy vault in a boxset format.

10. Official live “bootleg” series, respectful of all lineups (similar to DP or Kiss).

11. Start band interviews on radio, TV etc. Proper interviews, not weird ones like the China centre.

12. Get Brain or Matt back on drums. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Fernando is a FRONT MAN to you? 🤨 Axl is the Front Man, Fernando is more like a Figurehead, not a Front Man. 

Front man has two meanings. The meaning in reference to Fernando I was using- 

a person used as a cover for some questionable activity. synonyms: figurehead, front, nominal head, straw man, strawman. type of: beguiler, cheat, cheater, deceiver, slicker, trickster. someone who leads you to believe something that is not true.

Get Axl to have surgery/training on his throat and get a trainer/nutritionist to force him to slim down so he can perform better. I'd then pay Izzy whatever he wants and swap him in for Richard. I'd also swap Steven in for Frank, can Melissa and Dizzy, because they are pointless, and tell everyone to release a down and dirty classic rock album. We would release it within the same calendar year. After that, tour the world. Done and done.

Edited by Nintari