Things that confuse you as a Guns N'Roses Fan? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ

Why Bucket (& later Bumble) didn't take every solo.

7 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

GnrEvoloution

& with the one's you listed i think that's pretty much all that's left of the oldschool forums

RIP Newgnr.com,Chinesedemocracyforum.com, M.SL, GNRTRUTH, gnrsucks.com. Atlasshruggedforum, & countless others

I have always wondered if this board is what became of just GNRFORUM. There was one epic Finck thread on there in '03 that I sometimes think about posting a tribute to.

I get confused on which speaking voice is Axl's real speaking voice. Axl has thisย  voice that is only slightly deep like Levi Stubbs voice, prime examples are, "You think this is funny?" Rant where he tells the crowd off for throwing something that looks like a weird shaped rock on stage at him, "Hey take that, take that now, grab that guy and take it now, I'll take it, God damnit!" Rant at the infamous Riverport Concert Riot, and other times, his speaking voice is REALLY deep,ย  like Barry White deep, Steven Adler vs Guns N'Roses Court Case, and the Kurt Loder interviews he did, Famous Last Words Interview and the one he did on the couch.ย  These are two different speaking voices and I am confused which one is his real speaking voice. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคจ

Just now, Nintari said:

I will forever be confused by them waiting a billion years to (sort of) get back together. They wasted their best years, then decided to gig in their worst years and write and record zero new music. It makes no sense. None.

I think Slash wanted to come back to Gn'R earlier, but one of the main reasons it didn't happen sooner was that Axl was still not ready. I mean... the guy called Slash a killer as late as 2010 iirc. A Reunion in 2010 could have been brilliant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I think Slash wanted to come back to Gn'R earlier, but one of the main reasons it didn't happen sooner was that Axl was still not ready. I mean... the guy called Slash a killer as late as 2010 iirc. A Reunion in 2010 could have been brilliant.

It's a crime we never got to hear that mid-to-late 90's album. Hell, we've never even heard leaks of the stuff.

On 11/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, Karice said:

On some Websites, they say that Slash sings backup on Guns N'Roses songs. Slash himself has said he can't sing, so.....๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿค”

ย 

To the contrary, I've seen interviews where SLASH claims to have a decent or good "rock" voice but that he just doesn't like to sing.

From what I recall, this was a question posed to him frequently when the first Snakepit album released. Or perhaps when "the Project" was still seeking a lead singer. Or perhaps on both occasions.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 5:27 PM, BangoSkank said:

Why Bucket (& later Bumble) didn't take every solo.

I have always wondered if this board is what became of just GNRFORUM. There was one epic Finck thread on there in '03 that I sometimes think about posting a tribute to.

It is not. MyGNRForum opened in 2002 I believe. Originally there was a GNโ€™R fan site that was run by a Canadian guy, Eric, and then at some point he started this forum to go along with it. When Eric decided to shut down the forum in 2011, UK Subs bought it from him but Eric retained ownership of MyGNR.com (Which I now see is no longer online) despite the fact that he hadnโ€™t updated it since about 2003. Then @downzyย bought the forum from Subsy in 2015, and thatโ€™s how we got where we are now.ย 
ย 

if you can find an internet archive of MyGNR.com, itโ€™s a trip. Straight out of 1995.ย 

• Like 2

It confuses me how they don't operate like a normal band. They don't release albums then go on tour. Instead they just go on these endless tours then radio silence until they tour again. Most of the time we only hear music via leaks. Other bands may have their album leak in the days leading up to its release but with Gunners, we'll get a song on a random Wednesday out of nowhere. You don't see Iron Maiden songs from the Brave New World era being found in someone's locker and then being leaked online twenty years later. Its almost laughable how exclusive to GNR this is. If they do release music, you wouldn't know. Perhaps has one mention on their Instagram page and thats it. Look at the Rolling Stones. You'd almost have to go to the far ends of the earth to find someone that doesn't know about Hackney Diamonds.

I do wonder how they'd turn out if they had an actual management team and not the leeches they currently have.ย 

Edited by twistoflemon21

18 minutes ago, twistoflemon21 said:

It confuses me how they don't operate like a normal band. They don't release albums then go on tour. Instead they just go on these endless tours then radio silence until they tour again. Most of the time we only hear music via leaks. Other bands may have their album leak in the days leading up to its release but with Gunners, we'll get a song on a random Wednesday out of nowhere. You don't see Iron Maiden songs from the Brave New World era being found in someone's locker and then being leaked online twenty years later. Its almost laughable how exclusive to GNR this is. If they do release music, you wouldn't know. Perhaps has one mention on their Instagram page and thats it. Look at the Rolling Stones. You'd almost have to go to the far ends of the earth to find someone that doesn't know about Hackney Diamonds.

I do wonder how they'd turn out if they had an actual management team and not the leeches they currently have.ย 

who's in charge? who has the power to change how this band operates? musicians are people too. In this case, it's a very rich guy who exprienced great success and was never what you'd call a "well adjusted human being". He seems much better now, but heย  still has enough power to live his life the way he wants to live it, and in his own pace. I'm not saying it's fun for me as a fan to not get more, but is it really confusing after all these years?

Axl's actions show that he has his own priorities and approach as a person and musician and he doesn't seem to be interested in taking advice from anyone unless he asks for it. Some artists/musicians are very different compared to most and Axl is one of them.

this is why how other bands operate is not relevant cause Axl is not the one calling the shots in Iron Maiden or The Rolling Stones or RHCP or Metallica or whoever. It's been like this for decades now, it's probably not going to change, no matter how cool/so much better we think it could have been if Gn'R was more like a "normal" band. If you want prolific, Gn'R isn't it. Not specifically aimed at you btw, just sharing my opinion.

50 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't say confused, really, but it is puzzling that Axl kept the working title for The General when it seems to have no relevance to the lyrical content of the song, also considering it was named after Chinese food when the lyrical content is so heavy.

I was surprised by that, too.

One explanation I can think of is that sometimes Axl used the working titles the band members came up with as a source of inspiration for the lyrical subject matter in the way of free association. A general is an authority figure, so he made the association with his stepfather and his rough childhood overall, and then with how that affected his future relationships. Or maybe he didn't come up with the subject matter through that process, but decided to keep the title because of the association.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I was surprised by that, too.

One explanation I can think of is that sometimes Axl used the working titles the band members came up with as a source of inspiration for the lyrical subject matter in the way of free association. A general is an authority figure, so he made the association with his stepfather and his rough childhood overall, and then with how that affected his future relationships. Or maybe he didn't come up with the subject matter through that process, but decided to keep the title because of the association.

Speaking of Axl's abusive Stepfather, poor Axl got TWO awful Fathers. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณHis Biological Father raped him when he was around two and his Stepfather physically, emotionally, and mentally abused him. ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ณ

• 4 months later...
Posted (edited)

ย 

I'm confused..Fans say that Slash has the look of rage when Matt hits the drum at the wrong time, but to me Slash has a look of stunned, dazed, and confusion, like the look you would give when you are at home naked and get unexpected knocks on your door like ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Edited by Karice

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 8:12 AM, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't say confused, really, but it is puzzling that Axl kept the working title for The General when it seems to have no relevance to the lyrical content of the song, also considering it was named after Chinese food when the lyrical content is so heavy.

Only just seeing this, but maybe 'daddy' is 'the general'? The way he ruled over the person whose perspective the song is being sung from could be militaristic, so 'daddy' behaved more like a 'general' than a father.

That's how I interpret it anyway

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Only just seeing this, but maybe 'daddy' is 'the general'? The way he ruled over the person whose perspective the song is being sung from could be militaristic, so 'daddy' behaved more like a 'general' than a father.

That's how I interpret it anyway

That's how I thought everybody interpreted it.

Posted (edited)

I got recommended a "Fans bombard Axl after Guns N'Roses Show! Video and I watched it. Fans kept begging Axl for Autographs and he finally snapped and said,"Get out of my face!" I am confused on why Axl doesn't buy a motorcycle helmet like my Fictional Axls do to protect their heads from being shot. The motorcycle helmet would hide Axl's identity and he could go about his day in anonymous peace (He'd have to wear long sleeves shirts however) .๐Ÿ’ก Poor Axl being bombarded by Fans when he just had a roughly 3 hour show!ย ๐Ÿฅด

Edited by Karice