After Hardskool/Absurd (2021) & Perhaps/General (2023), What is next to be released?

I really don't love Atlas Shrugged.  It's very consistent with some of what I consider the weaker songs from the Chinese Democracy era...no real chorus or hook....some good parts but it meanders.  I feel the same way about Prostitute and the General.  To me Monsters is far and away the strongest track of the potential new releases and would be an anchor on a new album.  I think State of Grace has some potential, and we had no idea about Monsters so maybe there are more quality songs we haven't heard.  Even so an album like this is solid:

Absurd

Hard School

Perhaps

The General

Monsters

State of Grace

Atlas Shrugged

1-3 more songs

I am seemingly in the minority but I absolutely love Absurd....I think the instrumental in that song is among the best of any GNR.  It is a weird song but in some ways a GNR original that would fit on Spaghetti Incident.  I think Perhaps is Great, Hard Skool very solid and Monsters is a top 10 GNR song.  The rest are just okay...I think the General is a bit weak which is probably why they made it a B side.  It has some interesting things to it.

This "slow drip" process is a bit weird and takes getting used to but in some ways is more exciting than getting one album.  It woudl be nice if it wasn't over a 4 year period but I will take what I can get.

Also, I highly doubt they will call it CD 2 or anything like that.  I think there is a significant chance it is titled "Guns N Roses" which was a rumor awhile ago. 

8 minutes ago, dude69 said:

Also, I highly doubt they will call it CD 2 or anything like that.  I think there is a significant chance it is titled "Guns N Roses" which was a rumor awhile ago. 

Where did that Legend Of The Red Panda rumor come from? Also, Stay Of Execution was a rumored title I think due to a trademark filing that @Blackstar  detailed at one point. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 1:30 PM, dude69 said:

I think there is a significant chance it is titled "Guns N Roses" which was a rumor awhile ago. 

The Self-Titled Album needs to be reserved for an all out reattempt of the glory days, not this mish-mash of utter bollocks

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

The Self-Titled Album needs to be reserved for an all out reattempt of the glory days, not this mish-mash of utter bollocks

I remember that rumor in 2010. I was very excited. Even back then, I was concerned about Bucket and Robin's parts being intact. Now, it's far worse. :( 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 3:39 PM, Blackstar said:

Yes, Stay Of Execution was a trademark registered in 2014 (I don't remember posting about it though :) )

First I saw of that was in 2014 & it was either MSL or Hitman who mentioned it on gnrtruth, i guess they were keeping an eye on the copyrights and trademark stuff. I checked up on it about a year ago which is when i stumbled on that Hell Rose Place stuff.

I think the Legend Of The Red Panda thing was made up stuff that started on CD.com around 2009/10.

• Like 1

I think Atlas/Monsters would continue the format of one more traditional sounding GN'R song with a more experimental song on the flipside. After that, who knows? State of Grace would work as a B-side if Oklahoma ever got vocals as that would be another traditional and experimental pairing. 

6 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I’d just like to know when the next single will be. Are we going to have to wait for touring to begin again? If that’s the case, we can write off 2024

no way of knowing, but it seems like Axl prefers to release a single/singles when Gn'R is on tour and they just released Perhaps/The General recently so maybe soon is not the word. My guess is more will be released when they're back on tour, but it could also be at the end of the next tour cycle.

having said that, Axl is unpredictable so in theory it's possible he'll release something sooner, but I wouldn't count on it.