After Hardskool/Absurd (2021) & Perhaps/General (2023), What is next to be released?

25 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

As for experience, is your argument that they are inexperienced today or back when they got the job? Today they surely aren't. And claiming that Beta went from housekeeper to manager overnight back in 2011 is ignorant at best. She was Axl's PA for years prior to that. You can argue she was eased into the job and that being a manager to GN'R isn't much different to being Axl's PA. He makes the decisions. 

As for your claim that having someone more experienced and "equal" to Axl will get more out of him. Here is the short answer to that: Haha! And here is the long answer: Hahahaha! For more context, read the history of the band and all the accomplished managers who came and went. 

No disrespect to Beta. Yeah her promotion to now former manager was gradual. I'm sure the same was the case for Fernando. If they've acquired all this experience then it's pretty embarrassing. I'm familiar of the history of past managers. At least between say 86-99 we got a bunch of studio albums, a live album, a concert on two videos and three making of videos. What have we gotten from TB's era of management? The Chinese Democracy album, Appetite For Democracy two years after the shows and several very pricey editions of Appetite and Illusions each released a year after their actual anniversaries.

7 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

No disrespect to Beta. Yeah her promotion to now former manager was gradual. I'm sure the same was the case for Fernando. If they've acquired all this experience then it's pretty embarrassing. I'm familiar of the history of past managers. At least between say 86-99 we got a bunch of studio albums, a live album, a concert on two videos and three making of videos. What have we gotten from TB's era of management? The Chinese Democracy album, Appetite For Democracy two years after the shows and several very pricey editions of Appetite and Illusions each released a year after their actual anniversaries.

Team Brazil was not the manager team when Chinese Democracy came out. You really should look into the history of this.

My point is that since Axl took control of GN'R, no manager -- distinguished or less experienced -- have been able to force him to do something he doesn't want to do. Blaming TB for lack of releases is ridiculous, more experienced and renowned managers weren't able to do that, either.

It seems to me Axl manages himself now and rely on the "managers" to realize his plans, whatever they might be. They are more like executives or assistants and don't have any sway over Axl, and as soon as they do try moving him in specific directions they risk getting booted out. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

No, as I understood it, she told Axl: Me and my family will be managing everything now. If you say no, we're leaving.

Nothing gradual about it. I personally think anyone would be a better manager after all the experience they've had, even with no formal education. They seem to get everything wrong all the time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

No, as I understood it, she told Axl: Me and my family will be managing everything now. If you say no, we're leaving.

The transition from personal assistant to manager was of course instantaneous. There are no degrees to changing a position. It happens with a swift signature on a contract. But the transition from housekeeper duties to management duties was a gradual one, with Beta getting more and more involved in Axl's business over many years, especially as his PA, before she eventually became the manager. As I pointed out earlier, being a manager to GN'R is more akin to being an assistant in that you are not really empowered to make band decisions on behalf of your client, you are told what to do and try to execute on that as best as possible.

Looking back at these years with Team Brazil, I don't think much went wrong when Beta was part of it. In fact, touring has never been so smooth as it has. You can argue that more things have gone wrong lately, after Fernando took over sole responsibility. Still, the most frequent criticism I see directed at TB is the lack of releases, and I don't think they can be blamed for that. Nor the lack of communication which is an expressed will from Axl.

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The transition from personal assistant to manager was of course instantaneous. There are no degrees to changing a position. It happens with a swift signature on a contract. But the transition from housekeeper duties to management duties was a gradual one, with Beta getting more and more involved in Axl's business over many years, especially as his PA, before she eventually became the manager. As I pointed out earlier, being a manager to GN'R is more akin to being an assistant in that you are not really empowered to make band decisions on behalf of your client, you are told what to do and try to execute on that as best as possible.

Looking back at these years with Team Brazil, I don't think much went wrong when Beta was part of it. In fact, touring has never been so smooth as it has. You can argue that more things have gone wrong lately, after Fernando took over sole responsibility. Still, the most frequent criticism I see directed at TB is the lack of releases, and I don't think they can be blamed for that. Nor the lack of communication which is an expressed will from Axl.

I wonder if we will ever get any explanation of why he didn't release any follow up to CD in 15 years, just silence.

If it was my band:

Release atlas, monsters, state of grace and any finished reworked chinese song all at once including previous 4 singles. Make it one chinese album. All that in like june. No need to be on tour.

In the meantime write an e.p or l.p of completely new stuff from this band and release it juste before next tour.

Be active guys. You're past 60's 😅 the end is near!

• Like 4

Yes i agree. All the Chinese era reworked songs to be released in 2024 (including the 4 ones) as Chinese Democracy II or sth and be done with it. 2024 to bring a closure to that era, for everyone.🤞 

Then 2025 focus on a new era of being trully creative again as a reunion band.

Even maybe bring izzy just for the studio/writting purposes for a few songs if needs be, give him some writing credit too, though not necessarily involve him in the future long tours.

Edited by GNROSAS

11 hours ago, EvH said:

The multichannel mix of the Illusions by Steven Wilson ?

Please ? :heart:

That's gone in the bin I imagine. Rotting away with everything else we wouldn't mind hearing. 

Even Steven Wilson was baffled as to why they'd pay him to do it then not release it! I suppose, knowing how tight GNR is, he was lucky to have been paid! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 12/14/2023 at 8:38 AM, betterman said:

I go for Atlas and Monsters - both tracks might have some potential to hit outside of the hardcore fan-base. 

DO we actually know what the band is doing at the moment? Could they be in a studio now? It sounded like the plan earlier this year...

Slash is riding BMX's..🚴

Axl has recharged the Burger Van. 🍔

Duff is being the adult and dealing with the plethora of lawyers...⚖️👨‍⚖️

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

I honestly can’t see this band creating something new from scratch. We know S & D would be up for that, but that’s where it ends.

Best we can hope for? An album including the released singles together with some other unreleased CD era tracks.

Tbh, I’d be happy with that.

On 12/13/2023 at 12:53 PM, riot said:

If it was my band:

Release atlas, monsters, state of grace and any finished reworked chinese song all at once including previous 4 singles. Make it one chinese album. All that in like june. No need to be on tour.

In the meantime write an e.p or l.p of completely new stuff from this band and release it juste before next tour.

Be active guys. You're past 60's 😅 the end is near!

Exactly this, plus I’d add a live album and video from say 2016 with some added live spots of the new singles and covers as well as the official Perhaps video. 
And after hearing Monsters, I have a tiny bit of hope that maybe seven or another unheard CD leftover could be just as good! And I’d love to be surprised and hear that Oklahoma / Berlin has vocals. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 5:03 PM, allwaystired said:

That's gone in the bin I imagine. Rotting away with everything else we wouldn't mind hearing. 

Even Steven Wilson was baffled as to why they'd pay him to do it then not release it! I suppose, knowing how tight GNR is, he was lucky to have been paid! 

Shocking that they paid for it and no doubt it sounds great, based on his form....my guess they're saving it for some fanclub gift (they still have all those live gigs mixed from 91-93 to use too) or double dip anniversaries.

58 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Shocking that they paid for it and no doubt it sounds great, based on his form....my guess they're saving it for some fanclub gift (they still have all those live gigs mixed from 91-93 to use too) or double dip anniversaries.

My guess would genuinely be that it's been scrapped alongside all those other things we know they have but don't want to release. 

When Axl dies the floodgates will open as people look to continue to make money from him. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

My guess would genuinely be that it's been scrapped alongside all those other things we know they have but don't want to release. 

When Axl dies the floodgates will open as people look to continue to make money from him. 

Do you think his will, will be everything to Team Brazil? Hoping there's a redheaded stepchild out there somewhere!

22 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Do you think his will, will be everything to Team Brazil? Hoping there's a redheaded stepchild out there somewhere!

In my guess, I'd say yeah. I can't imagine anything else happening than that. 

I wouldn't be surprised though if there's arguments and chaos on regards to various rights things anyway.