After Hardskool/Absurd (2021) & Perhaps/General (2023), What is next to be released?

The obvious answer would be Monsters next. Don't know what would go with it though. Atlas is the only one I can think of right now. Obviously there are other tracks that could have vocals that Slash and Duff could have worked on, so it's up in the air, really.

I also think it's entirely possible that Oh My God gets re released, seeing as Axl was still working on it long after it came out.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Dummy said:

The existence of TIL remix vocals makes me very positieve about other songs having vocals. I mean if he took the time to record TIL vocals time he probably recorded vocals for other songs with lyrics too

Yeah, honestly Axl could have went in and recorded vocals for anything at any time. Most annoying this is having literally no details about what was and wasn't recorded.

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

I also think it's entirely possible that Oh My God gets re released, seeing as Axl was still working on it long after it came out.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it wasn't meant to be an album track. He said it wasn't taken that seriously. One of the '10 bonus tracks' or thrown onto the remix album, sure, it'd be fine as a re-released song. But it didn't belong on CD2 and it definitely shouldn't be re-released now...

They should rip the band-aid off and release 4-5 songs at once, just empty the vault. Monsters and SOG would be a great 'Guns side' of an EP, Atlas and another slower/poppy song would be a good 'Roses side' then move onto lol original stuff, or covers, or whatever.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it wasn't meant to be an album track. He said it wasn't taken that seriously. One of the '10 bonus tracks' or thrown onto the remix album, sure, it'd be fine as a re-released song. But it didn't belong on CD2 and it definitely shouldn't be re-released now...

They should rip the band-aid off and release 4-5 songs at once, just empty the vault. Monsters and SOG would be a great 'Guns side' of an EP, Atlas and another slower/poppy song would be a good 'Roses side' then move onto lol original stuff, or covers, or whatever.

Yeah I agree that it shouldn't be re released.

I think we can all agree that the staggered release thing has become very tiring.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

Cd had a lot of great songs that regardless of brand name are great: TWAT, Catcher, Chinese D, TIL. Some good rockers in Riad and Scraped.

But these songs aren’t that good. Absurd was better as Silkworms, but it needs the “bitch like you” chorus badly. 

HS misses Robin’s guitar and even then it was a b side at best 

perhaps shouldve been sold to a female pop artist to use

the general feels very unfinished. Like a sketch of a possibly great song, but as is C level. 

monster is a great tune but is still an album track. Not single material. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I personally believe Slash was being guarded about how many songs he recorded guitar for. I believe he said he could remember exactly how many and it was 4-5 or so.

I’m basing this off circumstantial clues and guy feelings so… relax lol.

Im guessing he recorded guitar parts for:

Seven, Tonto, Berlin/OK, Quick Song (I think this has been renamed), Cuban Skies and Zodiac.

18 hours ago, AxlRQ93 said:

Cd had a lot of great songs that regardless of brand name are great: TWAT, Catcher, Chinese D, TIL. Some good rockers in Riad and Scraped.

But these songs aren’t that good. Absurd was better as Silkworms, but it needs the “bitch like you” chorus badly. 

HS misses Robin’s guitar and even then it was a b side at best 

perhaps shouldve been sold to a female pop artist to use

the general feels very unfinished. Like a sketch of a possibly great song, but as is C level. 

monster is a great tune but is still an album track. Not single material. 

this migh be true but perhaps was great in my opinion, and harskchool sounds cool as shit like monster, but they need more guns n less roses 

State of grace in a finished state is the only thing I think they have from those old sessions that has any worth. I thought that from the moment the locker leaks came out. Thought the other tracks were really forgettable or just bad.

They are wasting their time with the other stuff. The General to me is just bland... It has none of the excitement other similar songs on CD had, Perhaps is ok the other two are meh. What is the point in releasing these songs that not even us die hards can agree are good? Just pissing away the interest levels from fans. Right now I don't think they are capable of writing a good song, would love to be proven wrong but their collective shit detector is way off right now. And being honest the locker material (besides state of grace) is not worth revisiting. Move on and make an actual new song, with some full lyrics. I'm all for them not rehashing AFD/UYI, but whatever they release has got to be more exciting than these vanilla songs. Fire the producer too, obviously placating rather than producing because these songs are not up to finished quality 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

I personally believe Slash was being guarded about how many songs he recorded guitar for. I believe he said he could remember exactly how many and it was 4-5 or so.

I’m basing this off circumstantial clues and guy feelings so… relax lol.

Im guessing he recorded guitar parts for:

Seven, Tonto, Berlin/OK, Quick Song (I think this has been renamed), Cuban Skies and Zodiac.

You personally believe he recorded guitar for all those songs? 🤣 Sounds more like your wishlist 

I don't doubt he recorded more than 4-5 songs, because he was obviously just loosely talking. I really don't know where the jump to thinking he recorded all those songs comes from, considering they didn't have vocals and there's no evidence suggesting they were ever finished that I recall.

Get in a room and write a new song. Why is that such an out there proposition for gnr??😅

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

You personally believe he recorded guitar for all those songs? 🤣 Sounds more like your wishlist 

I don't doubt he recorded more than 4-5 songs, because he was obviously just loosely talking. I really don't know where the jump to thinking he recorded all those songs comes from, considering they didn't have vocals and there's no evidence suggesting they were ever finished that I recall.

Get in a room and write a new song. Why is that such an out there proposition for gnr??😅

Trust me, bro. 😂

Only a problem for Axl it seems. 

5 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I'm amazed that they never cashed in on the success of the NITL tour with a double live album/Blu-ray/DVD. 

Yeah, it's almost baffling. Or just put something on some streaming device to emphasize the "we're in back and kick ass" factor and cash in on it.

I truly believe the 5 or 6 songs thing. It makes sense with how slow they're pacing them out as well as aside from instrumentals the well is probably dry vocally. 

But still there are deluded people that think they're gonna start working on new material, Axl will start writing new lyrics, record vocals and the thing will get released...

13 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I truly believe the 5 or 6 songs thing. It makes sense with how slow they're pacing them out as well as aside from instrumentals the well is probably dry vocally. 

But still there are deluded people that think they're gonna start working on new material, Axl will start writing new lyrics, record vocals and the thing will get released...

They may try but I don't believe it will pan out at all. Maybe them working together on that Michael Schenker thing was like a dry run test to see if they can still do it.

These last posts prove that the singles approach gets old fast 😆

I'm glad we got any songs at all, and to be honest I like all four of them, even with The General shitty mix. However, the listening experience is quite odd this way. Single drops, you listen to it a lot, then you don't really need to come back to it. With an album, or even an EP, you listen to the entire thing and some songs will start to grow on you and so on. I don't have a problem with getting a full album of CD-era songs, but I think the experience and impact of getting a full release at once would be much better.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

No the thing that makes both of them bad managers is their lack of experience and ability to make or help make anything happen.

Hardly lack of experience. They have managed GN'R/Axl since 2011, and worked with Axl closely for many years prior to that. I can hardly think of anyone better suited to work with Axl. But yeah, they don't have a formal education in artist management, like probably more than 90% of most recognized managers. 

As for whether they are able to make or help make anything happen. How would we know? But I am quite confident Team Brazil is not the impediment to the band releasing music nor make the decisions. 

A better complaint would be to argue that Fernando has shown terrible communication skills and have not been able to make sure the entire team is working perfectly with flawless execution as the result. And then there's the harassment charges... 

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Hardly lack of experience. They have managed GN'R/Axl since 2011, and worked with Axl closely for many years prior to that. I can hardly think of anyone better suited to work with Axl. But yeah, they don't have a formal education in artist management, like probably more than 90% of most recognized managers. 

As for whether they are able to make or help make anything happen. How would we know? But I am quite confident Team Brazil is not the impediment to the band releasing music nor make the decisions. 

A better complaint would be to argue that Fernando has shown terrible communication skills and have not been able to make sure the entire team is working perfectly with flawless execution as the result. And then there's the harassment charges... 

Come on. I think you knew what I meant by lack of experience. Who else has team Brazil worked with and/or managed besides GN'R? Just cos someone was a good housekeeper and you grew fond of her kids doesn't mean the housekeeper and then her son are management material.

Yeah even tho Axl has mellowed considerably I don't imagine it'd be easy to make him do anything. All the more reason to have someone more qualified and his equal to have the management job. 

Agree also about Fernando's lack of communication skills and antagonistic attitude to fans. And those allegations are a worry and not the kind of publicity that the band want.

2 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

Come on. I think you knew what I meant by lack of experience. Who else has team Brazil worked with and/or managed besides GN'R? Just cos someone was a good housekeeper and you grew fond of her kids doesn't mean the housekeeper and then her son are management material.

Yeah even tho Axl has mellowed considerably I don't imagine it'd be easy to make him do anything. All the more reason to have someone more qualified and his equal to have the management job. 

Agree also about Fernando's lack of communication skills and antagonistic attitude to fans. And those allegations are a worry and not the kind of publicity that the band want.

As for experience, is your argument that they are inexperienced today or back when they got the job? Today they surely aren't. And claiming that Beta went from housekeeper to manager overnight back in 2011 is ignorant at best. She was Axl's PA for years prior to that. You can argue she was eased into the job and that being a manager to GN'R isn't much different to being Axl's PA. He makes the decisions. 

As for your claim that having someone more experienced and "equal" to Axl will get more out of him. Here is the short answer to that: Haha! And here is the long answer: Hahahaha! For more context, read the history of the band and all the accomplished managers who came and went.