GNR on Vinyl

I take it there are quite a few people that are into vinyl on here. Makes sense you would also like GNR on vinyl, then. 

I got into record collecting in April (worst financial decision, ever), with a focus on live performances from bands I love. Zeppelin is my main focus, but now that I have pretty much gotten everything I wanted from Zep, I am moving on to GNR. Anyone have anything cool or worth checking out? I am really interested in NuGNR and 2016- present (anything I don't have below). If anyone knows of any releases I am missing from those eras, let me know! There does not seem to be much on vinyl. Pretty happy with my classic representation, so far, but am always hunting...

Studio,

Appetite for Destruction : 1986 Sound City Session N' More 

Appetite for Destruction (official vintage, cross cover)- Got this one signed by Slash, Duff, and Steven. Even had it with me when I met Axl but I opted for a photo with him instead!

Appetite for Destruction (original cover)- This is a knock- off version

Appetite for Destruction (original cover)- 2023 limited foil edition from the website

Use Your Illusion I (super deluxe version)

Use Your Illusion II (super deluxe version)

Chinese Democracy
___

Hard Skool/ Absurd (Live)

Hard Skool/ Absurd (Live) and Shadow of Your Love (Live)- Nightrain exclusive

Perhaps/ The General 

Live, 

1988 Japanese Live EP (official, vintage release)

"Riffle Totin' Florists"- Perkins Palace- Pasadena, California 1987 (I believe this is a misprint and this portion is the Ritz 1988), and The Marquee- London, UK 1987 (vintage bootleg)

"Roses are Rad"- Lost Horizon- NY, USA 1987 (vintage bootleg)

"Dr. Love"- Tor 3- Dusseldorf, Germany 1987, and The Ritz,- NY, USA 1988 (vintage bootleg) (Thanks, @Powerage5)

"Anarchy in the UK"- The Marquee- London, UK 1987 (modern bootleg)

"Some Kind of Orange"- SDSU Open Air Stadium- San Diego, USA 1987, Live Like a Suicide, and The Marquee- London, UK 1987 (vintage bootleg) (Also, thanks @Powerage5)

"Fun in the Danger Zone"- Hammmersmith Odeon- London, England 1987 (vintage bootleg)

"Live at Castle Donnington 1988"- Donnington Castle- Donnington, England 1988 (vintage bootleg)

"Live in Japan 1988"- Nakano Plaza- Tokyo, Japan 1988 (modern bootleg)

"Welcome to a Night at the Ritz"- The Ritz- NY, USA 1988 (modern bootleg)

"Brazil '91"- Maracana Stadium- Rio, Brazil 1991 (modern bootleg)

"Live in New York I "- The Ritz- NY, USA 1991 (official release)

"Live in New York II"- The Ritz- NY, USA 1991 (official release)

"Live in Las Vegas I"- Thomas & Mack Center- Las Vegas, USA 1992 (official release)

"Live in Las Vegas II"- Thomas & Mack Center- Las Vegas, USA 1992 (official release)

”Live in Chicago”- Rosemont Horizon- Rosemont, USA 1992 (modern bootleg)

"The Legendary Tokyo Night 1992- Box Set"- Tokyo Dome- Tokyo, Japan 1992 (modern bootleg)

"Live Chile 1992"-Estadio Nacional- Santiago, Chile 1992 (modern bootleg)

"Live in Argentina 1993"- River Plate Stadium- Buenos Aires, Argentina 1993 (modern bootleg)

"November Rain in Paradise City"- (Part of this is Leeds 2002, but I still have to see about the rest)- Leeds, UK 2002 (modern bootleg)

"Live at the O2, Vol. 1"- The O2 Arena- London, England 2012 (modern bootleg)

"Sin City Return"- T Mobile Arena- Las Vegas, USA 2016 (modern bootleg)

Misc.-

AC/DC "Hired Gun- Rock N' Roll Damnation"- Werchterpark- Werchter, Belgium 2016 (modern bootleg)

AC/DC "Hired Gun- Riff Raff"- Werchterpark- Werchter, Belgium 2016 (modern bootleg)

AC/DC "AXl/DC Box Set (Blue)"- Esprit Arena- Dusseldorf, Germany (modern bootleg)

Slash featuring Miles Kennedy and the Conspirators "Live at Studios 60"

Slash "Orgy of the Damned"- signed copy

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Live Like a Suicide original pressing

Appetite For Destruction, original banned cover and a couple of copies of the 2018 remaster

Lies, uncensored artwork

UYI I and UYI II, both original and remastered

Spaghetti Incident, standard pressing and orange variant

Live Era original pressing

Chinese, couple of EU pressings, couple of US pressings

A few variants of the GH release

All the records and singles included in the AFD boxset. All the records included in the UYI boxset.

I've got a fair few 12" singles and the majority of the original 7" singles, but not all. 

• Like 3

I don't have much in the way of GNR vinyl but I do have a 180g reissue of Appetite that came in this box with a AFD cover T-shirt, I have the banned cover (original pressing) and Chinese on vinyl that I got at Best Buy the day of the album release

35 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

Where did you find these two?

I am in a lot of bootleg groups on Facebook. Got lucky that someone had the "AXL/DC" box. It is very rare, I have the blue box. It plays a little fast but I will eventually get a turn table with pitch control. Sound and performance are great. It is a better show than the other Axl/DC one I have. 

Dr. Love was sold to me by our very own @Powerage5

3 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Definitely make sure you have the European release of Chinese. The sound makes the US version feel almost criminal. 

Pretty sure I have the USA release but it sounds fine to me (I have a garbage system, though). When I eventually upgrade maybe I will track down the Euro press

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am in a lot of bootleg groups on Facebook. Got lucky that someone had the "AXL/DC" box. It is very rare, I have the blue box. It plays a little fast but I will eventually get a turn table with pitch control. Sound and performance are great. It is a better show than the other Axl/DC one I have. 

Dr. Love was sold to me by our very own @Powerage5

Pretty sure I have the USA release but it sounds fine to me (I have a garbage system, though). When I eventually upgrade maybe I will track down the Euro press

Very jealous of the Axl/DC box!  I've been looking for that for a while. I have part 1 and 3 of the Belgium show that were sold separately, but can't find part 2. Great job getting the box. I think they only made 180 of them.

Appetite For Destruction [1988 US pressing, cross cover]
Appetite For Destruction [Original cover, 2001 EU repress]
GN'R Lies [Original European pressing - uncensored]
GN'R Lies [US second edition - censored]
Use Your Illusion I [Original US pressing]
Use Your Illusion II [Original US pressing]
"The Spaghetti Incident?" [US orange pressing]
Live Era [US pressing]
Chinese Democracy [US pressing]
Welcome To The Jungle [US 7"]
Sweet Child O' Mine [US 7"]
GN'R [Japanese 12" promo EP]
Paradise City [US 7"]
Nightrain [UK 7"]
Appetite For Collection [German box set]
Patience [UK 7"]
You Could Be Mine [UK 12" pic disc]
Don't Cry [European 7"]
Don't Cry [UK 7"]
Don't Cry [German 12"]
Don't Cry [German 12" pic disc]
Yesterdays [US 7"]
Shadow Of Your Love RSD 7"
Perhaps 7"
Some Kinda Orange [1988 bootleg]
Halloween On The Horizon [1988 bootleg]
November Rain [1988 bootleg]

12 minutes ago, jonah said:

Not gnr but I have It’s Five O’clock Somewhere (probably a reissue/bootleg) but found it in near mint condition 

On red vinyl? That's the one I've got, the artwork is low quality but the record sounds good. Got it from Rollin Records a couple years ago.

I've got some Duff, Izzy and Buckethead albums on vinyl too. Got at least 1 pressing of all the GNR albums and a bunch of bootlegs, singles, even that Hollywood Rose 'album' with Gilby remixes. My rarest album is probably Live Era 87-93. I have the Hired Gun Axl/DC set, but would've loved to get the box set for a decent price, the only times I ever saw it was for at least $300...

4 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Very jealous of the Axl/DC box!  I've been looking for that for a while. I have part 1 and 3 of the Belgium show that were sold separately, but can't find part 2. Great job getting the box. I think they only made 180 of them.

41 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

On red vinyl? That's the one I've got, the artwork is low quality but the record sounds good. Got it from Rollin Records a couple years ago.

I've got some Duff, Izzy and Buckethead albums on vinyl too. Got at least 1 pressing of all the GNR albums and a bunch of bootlegs, singles, even that Hollywood Rose 'album' with Gilby remixes. My rarest album is probably Live Era 87-93. I have the Hired Gun Axl/DC set, but would've loved to get the box set for a decent price, the only times I ever saw it was for at least $300...

I got lucky with the AC/DC records. I found 2 out of the 3 Hired Gun ones on eBay for like 70 bucks. I think I’m missing Touch too Much

The box i can’t believe I scored. Got it just last month. I got that, Roses are Rad (80s boot of the 87 Lost Horizon show), and a boot of the OG AfD with yellow vinyl for 200 bucks. That’s a steal to me!

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I got lucky with the AC/DC records. I found 2 out of the 3 Hired Gun ones on eBay for like 70 bucks. I think I’m missing Touch too Much

The box i can’t believe I scored. Got it just last month. I got that, Roses are Rad (80s boot of the 87 Lost Horizon show), and a boot of the OG AfD with yellow vinyl for 200 bucks. That’s a steal to me!

I got the Hired Gun records when they were still fairly new releases, on average they cost me probably $50 CDN.

$200 for that bundle is a great deal, even for just the Axl/DC box that's a good price these days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I got the Hired Gun records when they were still fairly new releases, on average they cost me probably $50 CDN.

$200 for that bundle is a great deal, even for just the Axl/DC box that's a good price these days.

Yeah, "Roses are Rad" seems pretty rare, as well. It is a weird cover with a GNR quiz. I like it. 

16 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

That's a phenomenal deal!

I am a vinyl girl although I have yet to unbox my old vinyl because my record player was destroyed so I shut it away to be cat safe. The list above feels pretty comprehensive. I think I have some pre 2016 singles on vinyl somewhere, too and obviously still need to get Perhaps (I have the Japanese CD coming for now).

The scarcest vinyl I have noticed for GNR is Chinese Democracy (in the UK). The most expensive is the Live Like a Suicide EP, Spaghetti Incident (also scarce), GNR Lies (there are 2 slightly different covers for GNR Lies if I recall correctly). The AfD ones vary depending on pressing and cover but seem to be cheaper. UYI vary depending on release.

4 minutes ago, izzyjim said:

I don't get the hype around modern vinyl bootlegs. it's not like they have a superior source, I bet most of them are not even lossless but coming from mp3's.

Fucking ripoff in my opinion. 

It is so I can own and listen to the shows and I never have to worry about them leaving YouTube. They sound better than not having anything. Plus, they aren't that expensive (Except Tokyo 92)

12 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

I have quite a bit of stuff. The most interesting I find is the It’s So Easy 12” 45rpm maxi single with the alternate mix of Mr Brownstone on it.

I don’t own any bootlegs - never went there or had the urge, don’t know why. 

Don’t do it :lol:

For GNR it isn’t horrible (on vinyl) but I spent a small fortune on my Zeppelin collection 

• Haha 1

I have:

AFD original cover (genuine)

AFD cross cover (with tattoo sticker!)

Live from the Jungle EP (misprint with obi)

GNR Lies (Canadian pressing, original "wife-beating" text)

UYI II (original pressing...signed by Matt Sorum in 1999)

TSI? (original pressing on orange vinyl)

Live Era (also genuine)

Chinese Democracy (Best Buy...still sealed)

.44 Caliber Horticulture (old bootleg double LP)

Shadow of Your love 7" on red vinyl

Since I Don't Have You 7" on orange vinyl

And a few other old 7 inches and promos.

I still need UYI I.  I always meant to get it and never got around to it, and now it's been decades that I've put off buying it.  Oh well.

On 12/21/2023 at 11:23 AM, GoBucky said:

I'm always on the lookout for vintage boots if anyone has anything they want to unload. 

20231221_101900.jpg

Awesome collection!

I just got Tokyo 1988 in. Gave the album a spin (it is near complete, and a double album). God damn, is that a good show

• Like 1