So What’s Next??

11 hours ago, GNROSAS said:

Monster & Atlas Shrugged Or Monster & State of Grace released in Summer/September followed by a full CDII album or EP November/Christmas🤞

Either new tour supporting CDII album/ep release or start recording a new GNR album with new songs. Maybe call Izzy & Brain to help with studio recording of new songs.

Brain has drummed on Absurd, hard skool, perhaps & the general...so he's going to be on the rest isn't he.

Izzy ? There's more chance of me and you 

I just don't think they have it in them to put out a creative, well written, we'll produced, well performed album.

They aren't the Rolling Stones or Frank Sinatra ...99.99% of music acts just can not produce hits past their prime. 

Rock and Roll and professional sports are a young man's game and Father Time is virtually unbeaten.

Chinese Democracy was all that Axl had left in him.

The 20 + years Chinese left overs are just ideas and even with that time and ALL the money in the world, they are forgotten tracks. 

He'll, half of us here (even wirh no musical background) could have made those tracks better than they were...they just don't care.

They've lost their muse 

They've lost their passion 

They've lost their voice

It happens to the best of us...

Edited by Illusion1987

1 hour ago, Illusion1987 said:

I just don't think they have it in them to put out a creative, well written, we'll produced, well performed album.

They aren't the Rolling Stones or Frank Sinatra ...99.99% of music acts just can not produce hits past their prime. 

Rock and Roll and professional sports are a young man's game and Father Time is virtually unbeaten.

Chinese Democracy was all that Axl had left in him.

The 20 + years Chinese left overs are just ideas and even with that time and ALL the money in the world, they are forgotten tracks. 

He'll, half of us here (even wirh no musical background) could have made those tracks better than they were...they just don't care.

They've lost their muse 

They've lost their passion 

They've lost their voice

It happens to the best of us...

If they lost their passion, they would not be performing 3+ hours for each show. I would reconsider what you wrote. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Draguns said:

If they lost their passion, they would not be performing 3+ hours for each show. I would reconsider what you wrote. 

They lost their passion for creating NEW quality music

As far as their passion performing.  It's been hit and miss. Axl sounds great some nights and sounds horrible others.

Same wirh Slash...MANY examples of noodling through songs. 

Many have this is a nostalgic  cash grab because THAT is what this is.

Wake me up when we hear NEW AMAZING mus8c from thos group.

Absurd + Hard School + Perhaps + The General is not it.

The General was beyond disappointing. Its a listen to one time and move on to almost all of the music fans that look it for what it is.

Again...wake me up when they release their next masterpiece 

4 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

As far as their passion performing.  It's been hit and miss. Axl sounds great some nights and sounds horrible others.

The General was beyond disappointing. Its a listen to one time and move on to almost all of the music fans that look it for what it is.

buy a good pillow ya know

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

What you stated about Axl sounding bad and Slash noodling aren't examples of GNR losing their passion. That's your opinion on the music.  If they lost their passion, they would be mailing it in and not doing 3+ hours shows. Additionally, they have released songs. Slash even said that there are plans for new songs.  Additionally, the 4 songs are new songs. It's not GNR's problem that you may have listened to the leaks. That's on you. GNR always had songs that they didn't release until a couple of years later. Like I said before, I would reconsider what you wrote.

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Draguns said:

That's really not the same thing. Obviously they still enjoy performing for thousands of people who love their songs, cheer them on and say how great they are, and they get paid of ton of money for it. Who wouldn't enjoy that? 3-hour shows have been their standard for almost 15 years at this point, but I really don't think many people would complain if they trimmed the shows down a bit.

They little music they've actually released in recent years comes across as the opposite of passionate, though. Poorly Frankensteined songs that have been chucked out with no real push from the band, they're fun for a week but have zero impact.

52 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Gotta love the constant "call Izzy to help with writing" lmfao 

I get a laugh when people say they should call Matt or Steven. Even in the very low chance that Frank leaves, they'd call Brain or someone else before bringing either of those guys back.

They've kinda shot themselves in the foot with the Izzy situation - Axl doesn't seem to have much to write about, but he seems too proud/stubborn to hire songwriters. The obvious solution would be to use 'friends of the band' like they did in the early days, but I doubt Izzy would even be interested at this point. So Slash and Duff can write as many riffs as they want, but there's nobody to really tie the songs together. If they ever do try to release a 'new album' I'm sure it'll have CD leftovers and mid-90s stuff, which is the only way I think we'll see Izzy credited on new stuff...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That's really not the same thing. Obviously they still enjoy performing for thousands of people who love their songs, cheer them on and say how great they are, and they get paid of ton of money for it. Who wouldn't enjoy that? 3-hour shows have been their standard for almost 15 years at this point, but I really don't think many people would complain if they trimmed the shows down a bit.

They little music they've actually released in recent years comes across as the opposite of passionate, though. Poorly Frankensteined songs that have been chucked out with no real push from the band, they're fun for a week but have zero impact.

I respectfully disagree. It's  the same thing. At this point, they could cut it down to 1.5 hours and charge an exorbitant amount of money like Red Hot Chilli Peppers. They aren't doing that at all. When you see them perform for 3+ hours giving it their all that's passion. 

Zero impact doesn't mean that they aren't passionate about music and performing live. Axl enjoys performing in concert. Slash sees a new album as a vehicle to perform live. They both have similar philosophy on performing. That's where their passion lies. I think equating the creation of new music to passion is incorrect. Look at Billy Joel. He hasn't created a new all in decades, yet, he enjoys performing and is passionate about it. Godsmack announced that they are no longer releasing albums, but will still be touring for a long time to come. Does that mean that Godsmack has lost their passion? No.  

Performing live and writing and releasing an album are not the same thing. You can have passion for one which makes you a lot of money and loose passion for the other (that doesn't). To suggest they are the same is a complete false equivalence.

30 minutes ago, Draguns said:

It's not GNR's problem that you may have listened to the leaks. That's on you. GNR always had songs that they didn't release until a couple of years later. Like I said before, I would reconsider what you wrote.

Totally agree with you that it's not there fault that people listened to the leaks. But to tell people they should 'reconsider' what they wrote because you don't agree with it is pathetic. What is he supposed to do? edit his posts until you approve of it? lol

3 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I respectfully disagree. It's  the same thing. At this point, they could cut it down to 1.5 hours and charge an exorbitant amount of money like Red Hot Chilli Peppers. They aren't doing that at all. When you see them perform for 3+ hours giving it their all that's passion. 

Zero impact doesn't mean that they aren't passionate about music and performing live. Axl enjoys performing in concert. Slash sees a new album as a vehicle to perform live. They both have similar philosophy on performing. That's where their passion lies. I think equating the creation of new music to passion is incorrect. Look at Billy Joel. He hasn't created a new all in decades, yet, he enjoys performing and is passionate about it. Godsmack announced that they are no longer releasing albums, but will still be touring for a long time to come. Does that mean that Godsmack has lost their passion? No.  

The original post you quoted was about new music. I'm not denying that they try to put on a great show every time they hit the stage, they're passionate about trying to give the crowds their moneys worth, but Axl obviously doesn't seem passionate about being creative. He enjoys performing, and wants to do a good job... but it's just his job. Slash and Duff are passionate musicians, but Axl is a performer. There's definitely a difference.

As far as other bands - the Peppers never played very long shows, their current sets are long for their standards (though I agree they should play more for the prices they charge). They get credit for changing their sets up every night though, and playing a decent amount of their new songs. Godsmack and Billy Joel had the decency to tell people not to expect any new music. They haven't been telling their fans for years that they're hoping to release new stuff, only for it not to happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Draguns said:

What you stated about Axl sounding bad and Slash noodling aren't examples of GNR losing their passion. That's your opinion on the music.  If they lost their passion, they would be mailing it in and not doing 3+ hours shows. Additionally, they have released songs. Slash even said that there are plans for new songs.  Additionally, the 4 songs are new songs. It's not GNR's problem that you may have listened to the leaks. That's on you. GNR always had songs that they didn't release until a couple of years later. Like I said before, I would reconsider what you wrote.

The examples in gave our examples of "mailing it in"

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I get a laugh when people say they should call Matt or Steven. Even in the very low chance that Frank leaves, they'd call Brain or someone else before bringing either of those guys back.

They've kinda shot themselves in the foot with the Izzy situation - Axl doesn't seem to have much to write about, but he seems too proud/stubborn to hire songwriters. The obvious solution would be to use 'friends of the band' like they did in the early days, but I doubt Izzy would even be interested at this point. So Slash and Duff can write as many riffs as they want, but there's nobody to really tie the songs together. If they ever do try to release a 'new album' I'm sure it'll have CD leftovers and mid-90s stuff, which is the only way I think we'll see Izzy credited on new stuff...

Dude you talk as if Izzy has been releasing album after album in recent years, he has released 2 more songs than GNR has in the last 14 years now and he hasn't played a show in almost 25 years (not including a few guest appearances).

The truth is Izzy isn't interested in being in the music business anymore.  Not sure why that's so hard for people to understand but Axl has been way more active in the business than Izzy has since the year 2010. People need to understand this and get over it already 

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Dude you talk as if Izzy has been releasing album after album in recent years, he has released 2 more songs than GNR has in the last 14 years now and he hasn't played a show in almost 25 years (not including a few guest appearances).

The truth is Izzy isn't interested in being in the music business anymore.  Not sure why that's so hard for people to understand but Axl has been way more active in the business than Izzy has since the year 2010. People need to understand this and get over it already 

I didn't realize it came across that way, I definitely wasn't trying to imply Izzy is prolific, but he seemed to write quickly and would fit the role of a songwriter for this lineup. But like I said, I doubt Izzy would even be interested now...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Gotta love the constant "call Izzy to help with writing" lmfao 

Maybe because they recoreded nothing short of genious untill TSI and recorded nothing worth listening since TSI (UYI (with Izzy) last authentic album).

There are some things money just can't buy, chemistry is, obviously, one of them.

For, Slash and Duff are def not worse musicians than they were 1991, 93.

6 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I didn't realize it came across that way, I definitely wasn't trying to imply Izzy is prolific, but he seemed to write quickly and would fit the role of a songwriter for this lineup. But like I said, I doubt Izzy would even be interested now...

While I agree Izzy would be great in theory, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be interested. He damn well knows if he snaps his finger, he could tour with GnR and gain millions. He knows that and chooses not to do it. Gilby would be cool to see, since Fortus is definitely underused. And if Gilby rejoined, they could call in Matt or Steven. Probably Matt, with Steven appearing for a few tour dates, I think. That would be a great farewell tour. It's probably the best possible scenario for them right now, speaking in real possibilities.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Performing live and writing and releasing an album are not the same thing. You can have passion for one which makes you a lot of money and loose passion for the other (that doesn't). To suggest they are the same is a complete false equivalence.

Totally agree with you that it's not there fault that people listened to the leaks. But to tell people they should 'reconsider' what they wrote because you don't agree with it is pathetic. What is he supposed to do? edit his posts until you approve of it? lol

Obviously, I'm not saying that and you are misinterpreting my post. I said if I was him I would reconsider his posting because his post came more as fact than opinion. He also had a false narrative several times mentioning the lack of music as being a lack of passion along with Axl's voice and Slash's noodling. Those are separate issues.  

In my opinion, a band that does 3+ hour shows has passion. 

Lastly, your response to me was a bit rude. All I said to him that that I would reconsider what he said. That's all.

Edited by Draguns

14 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

The examples in gave our examples of "mailing it in"

That's your opinion, though. Axl's voice has nothing to do with a lack of passion.  You have to realize he's 62 next month. His voice isn't going to be the same like it was 30+ years ago. Slash's noodling has nothing to with a lack of passion as well.  In my opinion, they are not mailing it for a performance that is 3+ hours. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Draguns said:

That's your opinion, though. Axl's voice has nothing to do with a lack of passion.  You have to realize he's 62 next month. His voice isn't going to be the same like it was 30+ years ago. Slash's noodling has nothing to with a lack of passion as well.  In my opinion, they are not mailing it for a performance that is 3+ hours. 

It literally took Axl like 10 performances to get Perhaps right. He literally admitted he didn't even rehearse the song. During these first performances, he kept using a high pitched voice in all sorts of random parts that in the studio version are sang with normal voice.

Every day was different, one day one verse was sang in a low voice, the next day in high pitched voice, same with the hays, at first he would randomly shout some hays in his normal voice and some in high pitched voices. He kept on losing his breath because of doing these random changes (because he didn't even cared to know how the actual song had to be sang in the first place)

Guy didn't even pay attention to how he sings the song in the studio version nor remembered it or rehearse it.

This wasn't about technique or ability, these first performances were pathetic because he didn't know what he was doing nor cared to prepare for the song. After a while he stopped singing some verses and hays in high pitched voice for no reason and started to provide a decent performance.

And that's because, his actual rehearses are the performances he does in front of thousands of people.

He did the same for The General, he admitted he didn't sing it since May, even though it came out "OK".

That's no passion. Of course his voice has aged, but there's a lot of stuff he does that it's just because he doesn't give a flying fuck. And of course he could get a vocal coach to adapt his current capabilities to his most demanding songs, but he doesn't, he keeps on trying to do something he can't do, without rehearsing either of course.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Yes, this is so obvious it shouldn't have to be spelled out. If they were "mailing it in" they'd slash the sets in half and still charge the same amount. Like many other bands do. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Bob said:

It literally took Axl like 10 performances to get Perhaps right. He literally admitted he didn't even rehearse the song. During these first performances, he kept using a high pitched voice in all sorts of random parts that in the studio version are sang with normal voice.

Every day was different, one day one verse was sang in a low voice, the next day in high pitched voice, same with the hays, at first he would randomly shout some hays in his normal voice and some in high pitched voices. He kept on losing his breath because of doing these random changes (because he didn't even cared to know how the actual song had to be sang in the first place)

Guy didn't even pay attention to how he sings the song in the studio version nor remembered it or rehearse it.

This wasn't about technique or ability, these first performances were pathetic because he didn't know what he was doing nor cared to prepare for the song. After a while he stopped singing some verses and hays in high pitched voice for no reason and started to provide a decent performance.

And that's because, his actual rehearses are the performances he does in front of thousands of people.

He did the same for The General, he admitted he didn't sing it since May, even though it came out "OK".

That's no passion. Of course his voice has aged, but there's a lot of stuff he does that it's just because he doesn't give a flying fuck. And of course he could get a vocal coach to adapt his current capabilities to his most demanding songs, but he doesn't, he keeps on trying to do something he can't do, without rehearsing either of course.

I don't think it's a lack of passion. What I do think is that Axl doesn't realize  that he no longer  has abilities like he did previously. It's hard for anyone to realize that  because of age.  Sometimes you have to do things differently and adapt because of age. I see it with my father. He has back issues now that he's elderly. He's still shoveling snow and doing things like he used to do.  He hasn't adapted. For me being born with a physical disability, I've had to adapt and change things. I think this is one issue for Axl.  

8 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I don't think it's a lack of passion. What I do think is that Axl doesn't realize  that he no longer  has abilities like he did previously. It's hard for anyone to realize that  because of age.  Sometimes you have to do things differently and adapt because of age. I see it with my father. He has back issues now that he's elderly. He's still shoveling snow and doing things like he used to do.  He hasn't adapted. For me being born with a physical disability, I've had to adapt and change things. I think this is one issue for Axl.  

Further to that, I also don't think he cares that much whether he sings it exactly like on a recording. He could of course practise it with the band on rehearsals until he has a consistent way of signing it, but I don't think he necessarily thinks it devalues the shows if he doesn't sing it consistently, at least not to the point where it is worthwhile to attend rehearsals and belt out songs there, which just shortens the period where he can tour before his voice runs out.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Singing in high voice random parts of a song for no reason is not realizing you no longer have whatever abilities? He literally didn't remember how the song had to be sang. If anything that could be being senile.

What you say makes sense for stuff like singing WTTJ with an awful voice, but not for singing a song in a random different way day after day because not wanting to learn how the song he himself made sounded in studio.

And it wasn't a very challenging song for him, he demonstrated that after around 10 performances when he started to make sense. He just didn't have interest on learning how it had to be sang in the first place. You think the guy thinks he has superpowers and is confident about performing the song in a proper way without paying attention to his own song was sang in the studio version? I believe that would be being demented rather than not realizing stuff.

Edited by Uncle Bob