So What’s Next??

I feel like the strategy has been releasing these singles while on tour but I would love if they’d just put the songs out (hopefully an album) during the break and then do a tour a year later. Seems unlikely.

I feel convinced now that there’s a very small chance that the CD era tunes are apart of an album and more just stand alone singles considering how much they all sonically vary. Perhaps sounds like the only album quality track thus far 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PaoloLA said:

Slash is going on tour from sometime now in January to April. I’m assuming Duff will tour Longfeather for a while. So what’s next for Gnr after these two finish their tour??

Slash will appear on an episode of Jason Momoa's new road show too.

I'm hoping maybe trying to put together songs for a new cd and then maybe another US tour next year.

I would love them to come back to Dallas soon.

GNR has more life in them to perform live.

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Interesting. Wonder when he'll have time to record then.

Based on the information we have, the older material already has been done, and the word on 'we have new songs' it's tslking about instrumentals worked.

I wouldn't be surprised if the mysterious soundchecks we heard are part of this new songs he is talking about.

12 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

He won't need to if they use Buckethead and Robin's leads. 

I think the CD era is over, there is no word on reworking more songs, now is talking about new songs and preNuGnr Era material

• Like 2

I’m hoping they sell out and hire a hits writer for a single or 2 like Aerosmith did… or collaborate with a current star for a hit.. make it part of an 11 track album with classic AFD sound.  Something that would make a new GNR track a clerical success and not just something we would listen to.  Not sure why I want that.  I just want gnr to be cool again and not a joke like they have been lately 

18 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I think the CD era is over, there is no word on reworking more songs, now is talking about new songs and preNuGnr Era material

I realize Fortus said something to that effect, but we know Monsters is around the corner seeing how Slash and Duff worked on it, and likely Atlas as well. 

There's still Oklahoma/Berlin, Seven, Thyme/P.R.L, Oh My God, Nothing, Eye On You, Tonto, Monstrocity, etc. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a few or more of these songs end up on an eventual album, regardless of where the band says the songs come from.  Recall when the official Guns site said Perhaps was a 2023 recording? I think they have that ready for future material that's actually old.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 1987b said:

I’m hoping they sell out and hire a hits writer for a single or 2 like Aerosmith did… or collaborate with a current star for a hit.. make it part of an 11 track album with classic AFD sound.  Something that would make a new GNR track a clerical success and not just something we would listen to.  Not sure why I want that.  I just want gnr to be cool again and not a joke like they have been lately 

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear a duet between Carrie and Axl  for a new song. 

Who the hell knows? More than likely what will happen is this extended break and a few shows will start getting announced and before we know it they'll be back on the road.

The more hopeful / naive side is that Slash writes a lot on the road, he can send ideas to Axl and when the SMKC tour concludes he can jump into making a record. Anything is possible however unlikely.

Back to the realist: I just don't see what they can do differently on a tour if they aren't promoting a new album. They've dug into the deep cuts on AFD and UYI, there really isn't anything further they can do beyond the occasional guest spot of Adler and Izzy which wouldn't be promoted ahead of time. Basically if they aren't making a brand new record this year before eventually restarting the touring then it is never happening.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

At this point, if it isn't studio releases (wether that come in the form of CD era stuff reworked, or newly written), or some proshot stuff from the late 80's early 90's, I don't give a shit.

It doesn't even have to be new songs, I still think a covers album would be one of their best options... :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

11 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I realize Fortus said something to that effect, but we know Monsters is around the corner seeing how Slash and Duff worked on it, and likely Atlas as well. 

There's still Oklahoma/Berlin, Seven, Thyme/P.R.L, Oh My God, Nothing, Eye On You, Tonto, Monstrocity, etc. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a few or more of these songs end up on an eventual album, regardless of where the band says the songs come from.  Recall when the official Guns site said Perhaps was a 2023 recording? I think they have that ready for future material that's actually old.

Oh my god was officially released 25 years ago, leave it there ...Bumble fucked about with it around 2009/10, fucking around means nothing ..that 2010 bbf leak sounded horrific 

I've fucked around with my ex, doesn't mean I'll get back with her  😅 

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It doesn't even have to be new songs, I still think a covers album would be one of their best options... :ph34r:

It's not exactly what I'd like to see, but it would be cool nonetheless.

Wichita Lineman & Slither.

Or how about a mix of covers like above, and re-recorded CD songs like CD, Street Of Dreams, Better, etc.

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 hours ago, DSTK said:

Oh my god was officially released 25 years ago, leave it there ...Bumble fucked about with it around 2009/10, fucking around means nothing ..that 2010 bbf leak sounded horrific 

I've fucked around with my ex, doesn't mean I'll get back with her  😅 

It means you will release her! Haha 

Monster & Atlas Shrugged Or Monster & State of Grace released in Summer/September followed by a full CDII album or EP November/Christmas🤞

Either new tour supporting CDII album/ep release or start recording a new GNR album with new songs. Maybe call Izzy & Brain to help with studio recording of new songs.