So What’s Next??

58 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Singing in high voice random parts of a song for no reason is not realizing you no longer have whatever abilities? He literally didn't remember how the song had to be sang. If anything that could be being senile.

What you say makes sense for stuff like singing WTTJ with an awful voice, but not for singing a song in a random different way day after day because not wanting to learn how the song he himself made sounded in studio.

And it wasn't a very challenging song for him, he demonstrated that after around 10 performances when he started to make sense. He just didn't have interest on learning how it had to be sang in the first place. You think the guy thinks he has superpowers and is confident about performing the song in a proper way without paying attention to his own song was sang in the studio version? I believe that would be being demented rather than not realizing stuff.

It's not demented. Most people have a hard time with aging and accepting the fact that they need to adapt to their circumstances. It's the psychology behind  losing your physical abilities.  I also agree with SoulMonster. 

Axl finds a huge creative inspiration to make the best album GN'R has ever made.  They bring Izzy back into the mix, spend time together in the studio for months and eventually release an album of entirely new material that holds up to the best of Appetite and Illusions.  Or maybe nothing happens except that a few mediocre 20+ year old songs get released over the next two years :(

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Tyson said:

Or maybe nothing happens except that a few mediocre 20+ year old songs get released over the next two years :(

This is most likely, unfortunately. 

I would very much like CD2 to leak, as it existed prior to the NITL lineup. Then, who cares what they release. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

This is most likely, unfortunately. 

I would very much like CD2 to leak, as it existed prior to the NITL lineup. Then, who cares what they release. 

Yeah, the RTB era cache of demo tracks would be incredible to hear. Who knows, maybe someday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Draguns said:

That's your opinion, though. Axl's voice has nothing to do with a lack of passion.  You have to realize he's 62 next month. His voice isn't going to be the same like it was 30+ years ago. Slash's noodling has nothing to with a lack of passion as well.  In my opinion, they are not mailing it for a performance that is 3+ hours. 

Dude...There were numerous years where Axl started touring over weight and out of shape.

In some years he gets better...some years, not.

Many band members have stated they don't rehearse that often. 

Axl has admitted that for many new songs they are winging it.

Does Axl have immense talent...yes.

Does he perform concerts people enjoy..yes 

Does he enjoy performing live...sometimes yes but don't confuse that with PASSION.

PASSION is a whole different level of ALL-IN.

Someone who was all in wouldn't show up out of shape so often..especially for his high intensity style

1 hour ago, Illusion1987 said:

Dude...There were numerous years where Axl started touring over weight and out of shape.

In some years he gets better...some years, not.

Many band members have stated they don't rehearse that often. 

Axl has admitted that for many new songs they are winging it.

Does Axl have immense talent...yes.

Does he perform concerts people enjoy..yes 

Does he enjoy performing live...sometimes yes but don't confuse that with PASSION.

PASSION is a whole different level of ALL-IN.

Someone who was all in wouldn't show up out of shape so often..especially for his high intensity style

He's 61 years old. What do you expect??? He's still running around on stage. Duff has stated that Axl loves to perform for 3+ hours.  From Duff McKagan:

"Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES singer], man, Axl loves… I think it's… Goddamn it's, like, what songs do you take out, if you wanted to play shorter? Don't get me wrong — my body would love it if we only played two and a half hours. Most bands play two hours, two hours and 10 minutes or something, and we're playing three [hours and] 30 [minutes]. I'd love to play shorter because I'd be in less pain the next day. But there's just too many songs, and people stay for the whole thing. Nobody leaves, so it's, like, okay, they must be enjoying this. We'll whip out 'Coma' or 'Locomotive'. We're whipping out other songs. I really love playing them. 'Bad Obsession', 'Pretty Tied Up'. So great. We'll play it all. 'Reckless [Life]'and'Shadow [Of Your Love]'. And I'm looking at Axl, and I'm, like, 'Yeah, you sure, man? 'Cause we've gotta play again in a couple nights.' But he's a monster, man, that guy, Axl, like his longevity. We've had to cancel only one show because of vocals, because you get a swelling — no wonder — swelling on one of his sides. And he'll still wanna play the show, and the doctor will be, like, 'You could ruin your voice forever.' We canceled one [gig] in Glasgow a couple of years ago. We made it up." https://blabbermouth.net/news/duff-mckagan-defends-guns-n-roses-three-and-a-half-hour-live-performances-what-songs-do-you-take-out#

He fronted two bands as well. Angus Young said that Axl brought in a different energy level that wasn't there.

I would LOVE to see you  sing and run around  the stage for 3+ hours.  You and I CLEARLY have a different opinion on what passion is and being ALL IN. It's easy for you to say these things behind a keyboard. You are not the one running around and singing for 3+ hours. You keep  equating physical aspects with a lack of passion. That's the furtherest thing from the truth. Furthermore, your opinion about his weight and voice is just that. It's your opinion and not a fact. 

Anyway, we are going in circles. I'm done with this. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Cosmo said:

While I agree Izzy would be great in theory, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be interested. He damn well knows if he snaps his finger, he could tour with GnR and gain millions. He knows that and chooses not to do it. Gilby would be cool to see, since Fortus is definitely underused. And if Gilby rejoined, they could call in Matt or Steven. Probably Matt, with Steven appearing for a few tour dates, I think. That would be a great farewell tour. It's probably the best possible scenario for them right now, speaking in real possibilities.

I'm sure they all read the 'early' version of Matt's book, so I can't see him ever joining them onstage again. But they're still cool with Brain, and he's the better drummer anyway, so I hope if they ever need a replacement they'll call him first...

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

He's 61 years old. What do you expect???

The age excuse is such bullshit. Nobody here expects him to come back singing like he did even 10 years ago, nevermind 20-30 years ago. What people should expect is for a professional singer to act like a professional.

For the majority of his career, Axl's voice was so powerful that he could get away with using the first shows as a warm-up. But that hasn't been the case for years now, and he still seems to think it's 'rawk n fn roll' to wing it. He's wrong. Singing your new singles like shit because you don't want to rehearse them isn't 'cool'.

Having fun onstage and playing long shows isn't the same thing as passion, just because he enjoys his job doesn't mean he takes it as seriously as he should. I don't like everything Slash releases, but there's no doubt that music is his passion. I can't say the same for Axl.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I wouldn't expect anything exciting... It has been almost 8 years and they have only released 4 regurgitated CD songs.. It is debatable this lineup could come up with anything good 8 years ago.... never mind now.. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Monsters will probably be paired with something else and then that’ll be it. I’m starting to think Atlas might never get released. It’s honestly just a weaker version of Perhaps anyways.

I even think that Monsters is the last one

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’ll be paired with some kinda b-side at least (even if it’s just another live track).

Hopefully we get legit new music after that, though.

Should be paired with something but I doubt It would be a new reworked track, if we got the Monsters leak it's just because someone record on one of the studios of this year so Monsters was always part of the plan.

Why not any more tracks have leaked if there were more? I think the intention was to put all this songs on the Vinyl, and then start the process of new music, but for quality they decides to drop it out and maybe they would save it for a future release, or maybe we won't hear an official versión after all

• Like 1

I'd love to see a live album and b-sides disc all bundled together. Live Era '16 - '23 + Singles, or something to that effect. Not sure either is marketable on their own, but a 3 CD/4 LP box of live and ChiDem leftovers would be the perfect thing to celebrate the NITL era. I think they're gearing up for a new proper album or some degree of lineup changes the next time they're (f'n) back.

• Like 2

even if Slash and Duff rerecorded just 6 tracks and we've already heard 5 of them from the Chinese era, they can always rerecord some more Chinese tracks. in one of the interviews Duff gave, the interviewer asked if Axl got a "zillion" tracks in his vault and Duff said that he does/that it's true.

this doesn't mean I wouldn't like them to come up with brand new material, but it's possible that Axl will continue the drip for years in theory at least.

I think it would be silly not to officially release Monsters and that Atlas is one of the strongest unreleased tunes with vocals. Axl wanted to release it as part of Chinese Democracy so I think there's a good chance that one will be released at some point in the future.

On 1/15/2024 at 9:16 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm sure they all read the 'early' version of Matt's book, so I can't see him ever joining them onstage again. But they're still cool with Brain, and he's the better drummer anyway, so I hope if they ever need a replacement they'll call him first...

The age excuse is such bullshit. Nobody here expects him to come back singing like he did even 10 years ago, nevermind 20-30 years ago. What people should expect is for a professional singer to act like a professional.

For the majority of his career, Axl's voice was so powerful that he could get away with using the first shows as a warm-up. But that hasn't been the case for years now, and he still seems to think it's 'rawk n fn roll' to wing it. He's wrong. Singing your new singles like shit because you don't want to rehearse them isn't 'cool'.

Having fun onstage and playing long shows isn't the same thing as passion, just because he enjoys his job doesn't mean he takes it as seriously as he should. I don't like everything Slash releases, but there's no doubt that music is his passion. I can't say the same for Axl.

I agree about Axl, but Slash wings it and improvises things as well. Just look at how he's been criticized for noodling on the CD songs. While he does rehearse them, he improvises the solos.

Slash also has said that he often goes with his first solo take when recording albums. I really wish he would put more thought into his writing. The last two SMKC albums have been completely forgettable to me.

On 1/12/2024 at 11:40 AM, Dani_1455 said:

Sp1at answer was: Slash said, they have new songs, and he's hoping for a GN'R album late next year, and they have also worked on older songs, no details on that. Separately, on another day maybe a month later, he was asked about his comments album releasing an album with the current songs, and that received no comment.

I think if this words are coming from Slash or the Slash camp it's quite possible that this it's happening, the timeline is the only things that may be wrong

It seems to me that what Slash wants from Axl and what he gets are not always the same thing. Slash is good at PR that works for him which is generally sounding positive about a new GNR album whilst promoting the stuff he is actually doing.

I think I will probably stay sceptical about an album until I actually have it in hand. :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alfierose said:

It seems to me that what Slash wants from Axl and what he gets are not always the same thing. Slash is good at PR that works for him which is generally sounding positive about a new GNR album whilst promoting the stuff he is actually doing.

I think I will probably stay sceptical about an album until I actually have it in hand. :lol:

I think that if Slash is giving this information is because this has been talked with Axl for sure, he also stated that he has already worked on older material so studio worked has happened and also that they have new songs, which are probably instrumentals at this point.
I am with you that until I have it in my hands it's difficult to believe, but this time seems to be different

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:04 PM, Dani_1455 said:

I think that if Slash is giving this information is because this has been talked with Axl for sure, he also stated that he has already worked on older material so studio worked has happened and also that they have new songs, which are probably instrumentals at this point.
I am with you that until I have it in my hands it's difficult to believe, but this time seems to be different

I can‘t remember that he said something about having new songs. He said they haven’t started working on new songs. They rerecorded some CD leftovers that Axl wanted to release first before they concentrate on new material.

On 1/18/2024 at 5:17 PM, Rovim said:

even if Slash and Duff rerecorded just 6 tracks and we've already heard 5 of them from the Chinese era, they can always rerecord some more Chinese tracks. in one of the interviews Duff gave, the interviewer asked if Axl got a "zillion" tracks in his vault and Duff said that he does/that it's true.

this doesn't mean I wouldn't like them to come up with brand new material, but it's possible that Axl will continue the drip for years in theory at least.

I think it would be silly not to officially release Monsters and that Atlas is one of the strongest unreleased tunes with vocals. Axl wanted to release it as part of Chinese Democracy so I think there's a good chance that one will be released at some point in the future.

Which interview ? You have a link please?