So What’s Next??

22 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Nothing. This is the time to find new artists who constantly WANT to put things out. I've seen Billy Strings 10 times in a year and a half and have not once felt like my money was being taken from me

A few of my favourite artists are releasing music this year and I'm way more excited about that than some Frankensteined GNR singles. Yelawolf is releasing a double album, VOLA are working on a new album, and one of my favourite new bands Mac Saturn are releasing an album in a couple weeks.

'New music' from GNR just isn't exciting, the songs have zero impact when they're released 1-2 at a time every couple years. The clusterfucks surrounding the releases provide more entertainment than the actual songs. Monsters is a good song but by the time they actually get around to releasing it, nobody will care.

• Like 3
  • PERHAPS 1

I think more of the same: tour, add in a few new deep cuts, release one or two chinese leftovers with Slash and Duff, rinse and repeat until they retire 🥱

Any new album or even a GNR single with new Axl vocals ain't happening. 

Edited by thomasmcole

11 hours ago, PaoloLA said:

I’m really bored already without them touring and releasing more new music. 
This will be excruciating of a long wait.

Were you a fan during the silent period of 2003-2006? :lol:

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Haha 1

I'm very surprised to see there are still people that think a 'new' album is a possibility. The idea of rings being written, demo'd, Axl writing lyrics, working on vocals, recording, rerecording, mixed and released is absurd based on the last 30 years. 

Axl will never go through it again, understandably after Chinese. I'm more than happy to get the Chinese leftovers anyway, but I think the well is probably running close to dry vocally. Atlas and Monsters next I'm guessing. After that they may be very little left. 

10 hours ago, Draguns said:

I don't think a farewell tour would be best for them at this point in time. I think IF they did that, it would be like KISS or Motley Crue. I don't want them to do that. They still can tour for at least another 10 years. 

I think it's quite the opposite, really. If they did it now, it would be gracefully. I think in 10 years, most people will probably be taking the Slash/Axl/Duff reunion for granted, and Axl's voice will probably be even worse. I think the best scenario for them in terms of media coverage and maybe even hype/ticket sales would be to disappear for 3-4 years, then a huge farewell tour and go out with a band. Hell, if they reunited with Adler or Sorum and Izzy or Gilby, it would be huge.

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

I'm very surprised to see there are still people that think a 'new' album is a possibility. The idea of rings being written, demo'd, Axl writing lyrics, working on vocals, recording, rerecording, mixed and released is absurd based on the last 30 years. 

Axl will never go through it again, understandably after Chinese. I'm more than happy to get the Chinese leftovers anyway, but I think the well is probably running close to dry vocally. Atlas and Monsters next I'm guessing. After that they may be very little left. 

Sp1at, a well know source, quite this some weeks ago:

Prior to all the lawsuit stuff, the latest from GN'R was all positive. There is new, the beginnings of new GN'R material that is not related to CD, there. There was also wording that some historic older material was possible. Slash is expecting this later next year. I asked though about his previous assertions that there was an album for all the post CD material that had been release, and there was no response. So, I don't know.

Then Blackstar asked: What exactly is Slash expecting later next year? Them to start working on new material or a release of older material?

Or the "historic older material" is in relation to the new material they're supposed to start working on, e.g. it has to do with completing pre-NuGnR material from the mid-90s?

Sp1at answer was: Slash said, they have new songs, and he's hoping for a GN'R album late next year, and they have also worked on older songs, no details on that. Separately, on another day maybe a month later, he was asked about his comments album releasing an album with the current songs, and that received no comment.

I think if this words are coming from Slash or the Slash camp it's quite possible that this it's happening, the timeline is the only things that may be wrong

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Cosmo said:

What I think will happen: New tour of the same stuff, 2 singles late next year/early 2026.

This is the most realistic prediction. 

However, I would prefer a full album, with the best of Buckethead and Robin intact. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I think it's quite the opposite, really. If they did it now, it would be gracefully. I think in 10 years, most people will probably be taking the Slash/Axl/Duff reunion for granted, and Axl's voice will probably be even worse. I think the best scenario for them in terms of media coverage and maybe even hype/ticket sales would be to disappear for 3-4 years, then a huge farewell tour and go out with a band. Hell, if they reunited with Adler or Sorum and Izzy or Gilby, it would be huge.

72 Axl singing energetic hits from 1980s in 2034 is not what I expect to be the best farewell to a band with such a live-shows legacy

BEST thing would be one last album and farewell tour with two guest spots minimum imo

What I would want to happen:

• Get Izzy back and record a new album (but keep Fortus as a backup / touring member).
  • Then one last big tour and that's it. Retirement.
  • Slash, Fortus and Duff starting a new band with another singer (even though I like Myles, hopefully somebody else with a more raw sound).
  • I'll go see the shows near me and enjoy the new stuff, and will be able to call myself a fan again.

What probably will happen:

• Silence.
  • Maybe a few singles here and there.
  • Another tour with the same songs.
  • Slash, Fortus and Duff starting a new band with Myles :rofl-lol:
  • I'll probably enjoy a few songs here and there, but won't spend much attention to them anymore.
Edited by Lethalis

11 minutes ago, Lethalis said:
  • Slash, Fortus and Duff starting a new band with another singer (even though I like Myles, hopefully somebody else with a more raw sound).

Velvet Revolver 2.0? I can't see that happening. I could see Duff and Slash doing another band again but I doubt they would take anyone from nuguns. But, it could happen as Fortus and Slash seem to mesh well.

Guns N' Roses is the "safest" and most financially successful band to maintain for the three classic lineup members that are there now.  Even if Axl sound half as good as he does now in ten years, I still think they would do better as a band than fracturing again. Remember how in 2011 a lot of us thought Axl didn't sound great? Well, he probably sounds half as good now as he did then. Regardless, I would still pay to see them if they come back to my state. 

I do hope they let Fortus shine more on future studio material. On the more Bucket heavy stuff, if they have to re-rerecord his parts, have Fortus do it. He's capable. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Haha 1