Slash did coffee with Ola

40 minutes ago, Robert39 said:

yes there is, watch it it's fun.

What revelations about GN’R music are you alluding to?

I just watched it, all he mentioned was that he worked on “Axl’s songs” during the pandemic.

The next album is a new Conspirators release following OotD. Nothing else GN’R related mentioned.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

What revelations about GN’R music are you alluding to?

I just watched it, all he mentioned was that he worked on “Axl’s songs” during the pandemic.

The next album is a new Conspirators release following OotD. Nothing else GN’R related mentioned.

He only mentioned “I want a Guns record done” around 8:50 mark. For what it’s worth…

• Thanks 1

Sure Slash's Mother is named Ola, but for me personally, the FIRST Ola name that came to mind for me is Oka Ray, the Actresswho played Michael Jackson's Girlfriend in the Thriller music video. 😀🤔💡

This was a good interview. Great questions, no dumb stuff like the interviews by Lyndsey Parker.

No one has mentioned the bit about VR but it was good to finally get a straight answer about why they didn't pick a new singer and continue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

This was a good interview. Great questions, no dumb stuff like the interviews by Lyndsey Parker.

No one has mentioned the bit about VR but it was good to finally get a straight answer about why they didn't pick a new singer and continue.

I love how Ola ignored anything about GNR and went for the Velvet Revolver question instead. Like it was still 2008 or something xD 

• Haha 2

He also said some cool stuff like using a Tele and a Strat on the new album, hating in-ears (me too) and mentioned that he listens to "his friend" Chris Buck, which I'm sure means a world to the guy who grew up on Slash's influence and even jammed with him a couple of times - the guy really deserves it since he plays a really nice guitar and also he already developed a guitar sound instantly recognizable as his own!

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm glad they finally settled on that guy from AC/DC as the new singer for Velvet Revolver.

He's a bit different from the last guy, but he's okay

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah, although the VR question was a bit "out there" considering how much time has gone by and how many projects Slash has going on currently.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya....I had to check the year on my calender for a second, like the dude had checked out on Slash in 2009 ISH and was just catching up on the last 15 years....I was expecting him to go

"Ohhh you and Axl are speaking these days?" 

That would have been funny if he asked that! 🤣😇🤭 Reminds me of a Hunger Games SNL Sketch where a Reporter asked something like,"Do you guys hang out with the Tributes who lost the Hunger Games?" Katniss responds something like,"No, the Tributes who lost the Hunger Games are all dead! The Reporter is surprised to learn that the Tributes who lost the Hunger Games are dead." 💡

• Haha 2

Slash is still mentioning wanting to go in and finish a GNR record, and mentioned that plan without being specifically asked about GNRs future so hey I am glad at least Slash still believes that could be a thing that can happen still

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, although the VR question was a bit "out there" considering how much time has gone by and how many projects Slash has going on currently.

Well Slash has never really said definitively that he was done with it. There were people here wondering about the status so a worthwhile question. And let's face it, he was cuffed not being able to ask gnr questions which he clearly avoided and didn't elaborate on whenever he easily could have... So what else was he going to say😄

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Well Slash has never really said definitively that he was done with it. There were people here wondering about the status so a worthwhile question. And let's face it, he was cuffed not being able to ask gnr questions which he clearly avoided and didn't elaborate on whenever he easily could have... So what else was he going to say😄

He has said it at least a couple of times since he got back to GN'R (and even before that, although not so explicitly). E.g.:

Slash: When Velvet Revolver… like when we sort of ended our relationship with Scott Weiland, and then we sort of half-heartedly went and auditioned a bunch of singers, you know, I just - definitely my heart wasn't into really continuing this thing. But we did it for… let's see, that was 2007, 2008. So we went down that road for a few months and worked on some new material, and worked with some good people and whatnot. But I just didn't feel like it was something that I wanted to continue pursuing.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t8209-2018-09-21-metal-talks-on-spotify-interview-with-slash

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Да, хотя вопрос о виртуальной реальности был немного «нестандартным», учитывая, сколько времени прошло и сколько проектов у Слэша сейчас происходит.

I don't even know what games they're playing. It seems to me that Slash sends some kind of signals through the press, because it is obvious that Axl reads and watches all his interviews. What is their relationship like? For eight years, people have been going through different stages of relationships, and we proceed from some kind of ideal picture of the world, that there is an idyll between them. Aren't they both characterized by emotions of anger and irritation? They are both alcoholics and drug addicts with a shattered psyche and millions in accounts. Maybe there was more than one conflict? I don't think everything is smooth between them. It seemed to me that at the last show of last year's tour in Mexico, they didn't even approach each other on stage. Not how much the material for the album itself can exist, how much it's just slash's signals that he's ready to work. Maybe it was meant to mention VR and justify himself once again and emphasize that he didn't want to work with Scott. Paranoid Axl could have made a scene of jealousy. Anything could be between them.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Well it's better than all the other GnR questions that he's asked in every other interview.

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Right, it kind of fizzled out and they stopped talking about it, but now he's said that it's actually over and has been for a while. Which is probably for the better, because I don't think doing VR 20 years after Contraband came out would be as fun or exciting.

• Like 2

I'd never heard him address it since they broke up, so that was cool.

But I also wonder if Ola was trying to plant a seed in his head. We're all pretty tired of SMKC, and reforming VR might be a needed shot of inspiration for him. Todd Kerns is fine and all, but I'd rather see him writing new material with Duff and a different singer than Myles.

Reform VR with Eric Dover or Rod Jackson!

• Confused 1

Just now, evilfacelessturtle said:

I'd never heard him address it since they broke up, so that was cool.

But I also wonder if Ola was trying to plant a seed in his head. We're all pretty tired of SMKC, and reforming VR might be a needed shot of inspiration for him. Todd Kerns is fine and all, but I'd rather see him writing new material with Duff and a different singer than Myles.

Reform VR with Eric Dover or Rod Jackson!

I was with you until you said reforming VR. This blues record seems like it's been a shot in the arm for him, I hope he keeps doing more new stuff - SMKC is stale but it would be way cooler for him form a new supergroup than resurrect VR. Slash, Duff, and 2-3 unexpected musicians. I'd love to hear him jam with people like Anderson .Paak or Ayron Jones, for example...

Some one-off Snakepit shows would be cool - It's Been 30 Years Somewhere - but again at this point I'd rather hear him sprinkle those songs into shows with new projects.

• Like 3