This is just fucking amazing

It's a great performance. Song is mediocre though...

No.

Ok, it's not mediocre. It's a pretentious overproduced mess without any memorable moments, cringey vocals and lyrics with dated hip hop beats, overprocessed nu metal power chords and no soul. The orchestra in the end is cool.

No.

Ok, it's not mediocre. It's a pretentious overproduced mess without any memorable moments, cringey vocals and lyrics with dated hip hop beats, overprocessed nu metal power chords and no soul. The orchestra in the end is cool.

Can you say that again in a good mood, looking less bloated and cracking jokes?

No.

Can you say that again in a good mood, looking less bloated and cracking jokes?

I am in a good mood and I do look less bloated after taking a dump. Joke is the song itself. :)

No.

You put words to my thoughts exactly. The intro beats are definitely dated and a little embarrassing. The Buckethead parts are the only part of the song with any staying power. The rest of the song just washes away in a sea of "meh".

Edited by evergreen_layne

Guest NGOG

I wonder what made Axl wanna dust off those two songs? I am glad he did!

Speculation on my part, but I think I'm fairly accurate:

'Prostitute' as a thanks to Nic Cage, and 'Yesterdays' because last week was the 17th anniversary of West Arkeen's passing.

• Like 4

He nailed it.... He had so much passion when he performed this song, he seemed to be having a great time and got really into it. GnR needs more of this. More songs Axl can get into. Axl seemed proud that the band pulled of this song, possibly his masterpiece on CD, perfectly.

So many awesome things about this.

When he tries something and he knows the voice just isn't there you can see him become dejected and frustrated: see Rio '11, Gold Gods, early Twats and Prostitutes from '09.

This was the opposite: he was really vibing and instead of having to just focus on managing to sing it he was able to actually perform it and clearly enjoyed the crowd's reactions to the screams. It's the same difference between Hammerstein Twat which he sang effortlessly and actually 'performed' as opposed to Twat '09 which was an exercise in 'how the fuck am I gonna get through this song?'

And this thread serves as a massive 'screw you' to all the people who have constantly bashed people like magisme, Groghan and myself for being 'haters' who are never happy and will always find something to complain about. How ironic that it's many of the most critical people of the state of Guns who are the most excited about this.

Nosaj, how can you say Prostitute is awful?! I'll admit that i'm not that keen on the clean, multi-layered album vocals but the lyrics and melody are fucking beautiful.

• Like 1

No.

Although that seems a little harsh, but despite Chinese being basically my favourite album ever, I don't like Prostitute anywhere near as much as I want to. I think the lyrics and melody and piano parts are sublime and I love Robin's parts but the entire rest of the production doesn't work for me. I'd like to hear a more traditional version with Robin taking all leads. Axl said that Bucket's Prostitute solos are some of his favourite parts on the whole album but although I worship Bucket in general and especially the Twat solo, not so much the prostitute ones.