What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?

What lineup do you want to see reunite the most?  

156 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Adler. I do not really like Dizzy but I could countenance him for songs such as Estranged. I would also have Gilby/Sorum providing guest spots; you could have an 'Illusion sequence' of about two-three songs featuring those two at mid point in the show.

• Like 1

Anything that includes Axl/Slash/Duff will please the majority. There's always those that will say no Izzy = no GnR, but if he doesn't want to do the whole stadium rock thing Richard is a great substitute, same thing for the drum situation, if choosing either old guy is too problematic then I'd perfectly happy seeing Frank or even Brent up there (Frank being the preference). As for Dizzy, you can't do a reunion without him. At the end of the day he was on some of their biggest songs (he didn't write them). He's in the RNRHOF with them, and you can't leave out songs like November rain from a setlist.

• Like 1

Realistically I vote Izzy/Sorum as there would be more longevity to the deal if Matt is involved as opposed to Adler who would likely implode after the first show. As much as Steven's drumming is an essential part of the original sound, I just don't see it working with him which is a shame but true. A few guest appearances? Certainly, but sadly I don't think he'd last the tour. I'd settle for Gilby/Sorum if Izzy isn't involved, but in that case I'm willing to bet Fortus would stick around.

Yes to Dizzy because he'll be there regardless and I'm not bothered by his parts.

No back-up singers.

I would also have Gilby/Sorum providing guest spots; you could have an 'Illusion sequence' of about two-three songs featuring those two at mid point in the show.

Why would you have Gilby guesting on songs he had no hand in writing or recording?

Fuck Gilby.

• Like 1

As for the OP-

In an absolutely perfect, pristine world, you'd have Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Adler, Sorum and Dizzy present. The AFD five would kick the show off with a rip roaring, fast, hard rock set of AFD songs, and then you'd have the interlude section with Sorum and Dizzy, playing the slow UYI songs like Don't Cry, November Rain, KOHD and Estranged before closing out with YCBM. Then Adler comes back for the encore of Nightrain and Paradise.

Obviously in reality, Adler will never be in any condition to take place in a reunion, so Sorum will probably get full drumming duties.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

Here's the lineup i foresee touring, when this inevitably occurs.

Lead Singer: Axl Rose

Lead Guitar: Slash

Bass: Duff McKagan

Rhythm Guitar: Richard Fortus

Keyboards: Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman

Drums: Frank Ferrer

W guest appearances by Izzy whenever he wants to pop in.

• Like 1

It's strange I'd go for Original 5 but would include Dizzy. So it's a Adler/Sorum deal. The UYI tour line up gives them more flexibility.

But for Vegas or a smaller scale tour or shows just the AFD line up. Like next year. To celebrate 30th anniversary.

It moght not effect what anyone of them do after.

But for a huge world tour in support of or leading to a record then Sorum/Dizzy probably needed too.

3 real Gunners vs 4 hacks = not Guns N' Roses.
  • Like 1

If Sabbath can get away with not including Bill Ward, no one's gonna care about anyone outside of the Axl/Slash/Duff trio.

• Like 1

A six month LA residency with the original five would be swell. Hell, I'd bet they could just play there and skip all of the bullshit that touring involves. So many rock fans would make the pilgrimage. Close the circle, so to speak.

Fixed if you're going down that route.
  • Like 1

If Sabbath can get away with not including Bill Ward, no one's gonna care about anyone outside of the Axl/Slash/Duff trio.

Not including Bill Ward is like not including Steven Adler. Where's Izzy now?

Gotta be the straight goods all original AFD lineup for sure including adler he wrote most of the parts for use your illusions it seems like a lot of people forget that and think Matt came up with like 28 different drum tracks in a matter of a couple months before goin on tour starting at rock in rio, no way Matt could do that. It's gotta be adler all the way man!

And fuck dizzy, seriously, keep it old school without the added fluff and let it be what guns was supposed to be, a goddamn straight up rock n roll band

• Like 2