The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

What are you talking about, niceguy? You just have to pay, no one is dictating anything. A friend of my father has a school, and they put some ads of it in between the trailers for the new Star Wars. You just have to pay, it's an ad. UMG, GNR, TB or whoever's in charge of it could easily do it. And yeah, with that image on facebook and twitter, it does seem they are going for that appeal for the merchan? - big live audiences etc. Who knows. It's not weird, and definetly not absurd.

Edited by ManetsBR

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I went to see Star Wars last night and before the movie started you always have all the ads and shit that run constantly before the movie. Well a few times this ad ran which showed a crowd and it played the opening to Jungle. The next time the ad ran it played the same part but then it also had Axl over top saying "you know where you are?"

A sign?

What exactly were they advertising?

Nothing. Literally nothing. It just came on the screen.
Are you serious?!

Yeah dead serious. They played it three times.
With just no explanation? What could possibly be the reason for this?

I have no idea, but I'd like to believe it's another sign of the reunion.

Was the 'do you know where you are?' part of the actual song, or did it sound like it had been recorded separately with Axl saying it rather than singing it?

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I went to see Star Wars last night and before the movie started you always have all the ads and shit that run constantly before the movie. Well a few times this ad ran which showed a crowd and it played the opening to Jungle. The next time the ad ran it played the same part but then it also had Axl over top saying "you know where you are?"

A sign?

Are you serious?!

Was the 'do you know where you are?' part of the actual song, or did it sound like it had been recorded separately with Axl saying it rather than singing it?

How does that even matters? it could be a live version or the studio version over a bunch of crowd, there are companies who edit stuff if you din't know.

and it will be pretty damn funny for Sorum, he said really bad things bout Frank in 2012.

Like what?

So many passive-aggressive moments. I remember one day, Sorum would put "activist drummer for GNR..." on his twitter bio before KOC, and one day a dude pointed that out it wasn't true. Then Sorum began to call Frank a nobody, and asked which songs Frank played on as a joke, someone schooled him with Chinese, Better, If The World, TWAT and IRS, then Matt was acting like those songs never existed.

Matt has now deleted those twits. Anyway let's wait and see what's going on.

and it will be pretty damn funny for Sorum, he said really bad things bout Frank in 2012.

Like what?

So many passive-aggressive moments. I remember one day, Sorum would put "activist drummer for GNR..." on his twitter bio before KOC, and one day a dude pointed that out it wasn't true. Then Sorum began to call Frank a nobody, and asked which songs Frank played on as a joke, someone schooled him with Chinese, Better, If The World, TWAT and IRS, then Matt was acting like those songs never existed.

From anyone I've spoken to in the industry most say Matt is an asshole.

A sign?

Are you serious?!

How does that even matters? it could be a live version or the studio version over a bunch of crowd, there are companies who edit stuff if you din't know.

Ya I hear ya. Just interested in this as it could be a huge promotion thing, particularly if Axl has taken the time out to do voice-overs.

Like what?

Regardless of whether he is an asshole or isn't, Id imagine he'd still be involved in this alleged reunion regardless, since they'd likely need him for the illusion songs

Like what?

Regardless of whether he is an asshole or isn't, Id imagine he'd still be involved in this alleged reunion regardless, since they'd likely need him for the illusion songs

Not necessarily. Haven't had confirmation that drummers will be original.

I'm not sure if they'd be able to do stadiums at this point. Maybe like one on each coast, but I think they'd be best to stick with arenas just to ensure that it remains a hot ticket.

Can you elaborate what you mean by hot ticket?

Meaning that if they book into arenas everything will sell out faster and it would be perceived as more successful. It helps keep demand up which drives buzz.

Fair point, although I see it from both perspectives. Do stadiums first cause its a bigger deal then. Then do arenas next to ensure shows still sell. But I also get your thing, which is do arenas, build the buzz, show you're still good, then you get repeats and people that now WANT to see the show thats been talked about next time when it moves to a stadium. Either way the buzz continues.

I think do double header shows at arenas. Garth Brooks did this his last tour. He made more money and still got a lot of people to his shoes. In my town he played a 16,000 seat arena 2 shows per night. 4 shows total in 2 days. It was awesome!

Never gonna happen. Axl can't make it on time for ONE show a night. You think he'll do 2? Plus it means shorter shows, and their energy doesn't work for that. I do applaud Garth's style though.

A sign?

I saw The Big Short yesterday and they played Sweet Child O Mine (for what seemed like no reason) and I turned to my friend and said "if that doesn't mean reunion I don't know what does."

Axl couldn't do a double header, but Garth played till 1:30 am the second show, well over 3 hours. First show was 2.5 hours. HE BUSTED ASS!!!

Adler will be involved, for some shows anyway. THE ORIGINAL 5 are going to reunite. There may be a hybrid band at some point, but we will get the original 5.

The offers are for Axl, Slash and Duff. More so Axl/Slash. Diehard fans would be upset if anyone else was there but all the general public (and promoters) care about are W. Axl Rose and Slash on the same stage together.

Didn't you say the other day that you heard it would be original 5?

The offers are for Axl, Slash and Duff. More so Axl/Slash. Diehard fans would be upset if anyone else was there but all the general public (and promoters) care about are W. Axl Rose and Slash on the same stage together.

Didn't you say the other day that you heard it would be original 5?

I was told a reunion is pretty much set in stone with Axl Slash and Duff. Izzy is a wild card. Drummer not set in stone. Was then told from someone else it was all 5 original guys and everyone is pretty much going to see how it plays out in regards to ticket sales, promotion, hype etc and everyone is being pretty nonchalant about it all, however I'm going with what I talked to with Duff about regarding it being Axl, Slash and himself. The promoters only care about Axl and Slash.

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

It's true; the ticket buying public will be happy with Axl and Slash onstage together again.

Duff isn't nearly as visible or known as Axl or Slash, but he's vital I think in terms of gelling everything together, musically and business and interpersonal.

Izzy would be nice to have, but none of us actually expect he'll pull off a full tour.

Drummer? Just watch Spinal Tap and see how much the fans care about a drummer, with some exceptions (Neal Pert, Lars)

• Like 3

Really with all this original logo promotion, that bald head or Fortus don't deserve to be there. Steven is better than ever. I hope Izzy doesn't lets us down.

Hopefully Izzy stays committed and does it.. If he was smart he'd suck it up and do it since they'll all have their own plane/bus/way of traveling and he money he would make off it would probably take care of him and his family for life. Only speculation but imo if axl and slash can put aside their differences and suck it up for the sake of the tour, no reason for Izzy not to as well.

A sign?

Are you serious?!

A friend of mine just saw Star Wars and he told me the same thing!! They are literally teasing the hell out of this thing!

Hopefully someone can find the clip whether it leaks or whatever.. I'm curious to what it looks like.

Edited by Billsfan