GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

What I would really love right now is an outer show of friendliness. Some warmth between the members. Some excitement. Only if it's genuine, of course. But it would be reassuring.

It wouldn't have to be much. A jokey tweet between Axl and Slash, or Axl and Duff. An "I'm really looking forward to this". Something that indicates that they're feeling joy at their reunion, or regrouping, or whatever they want to call it.

Right now, it all feels a bit cold, and purely business like. Though that may just be me... Maybe I am expecting too much. Still, I've always found that the more fun the band seems to be having, the better their performances.

I agree that it feels a bit cold, I feel the same way. But maybe we need to give it a little time. This is a new situation for them too, they need to get used to each other again. And it can't be that easy or simple after so many years. All of them have to get used to that they are now back in the band (and we have three big personalities here).

What I would really love right now is an outer show of friendliness. Some warmth between the members. Some excitement. Only if it's genuine, of course. But it would be reassuring.

It wouldn't have to be much. A jokey tweet between Axl and Slash, or Axl and Duff. An "I'm really looking forward to this". Something that indicates that they're feeling joy at their reunion, or regrouping, or whatever they want to call it.

Right now, it all feels a bit cold, and purely business like. Though that may just be me... Maybe I am expecting too much. Still, I've always found that the more fun the band seems to be having, the better their performances.

I agree that it feels a bit cold, I feel the same way. But maybe we need to give it a little time. This is a new situation for them too, they need to get used to each other again. And it can't be that easy or simple after so many years. All of them have to get used to that they are now back in the band (and we have three big personalities here).

If they even are 'in the band'. I still get a feeling that Slash finally gave in to what he hated 20 years ago: being a hired hand to Axl.

'Breaking news: GNR fans are now demanding 'I love you' tweets between all band members.'

Edited by sonofnazareth

This has probably been posted already but is FUCKIN IMPRESSIVE .. bro

http://www.toddkerns.com/blog/?p=560

Btw where'd all the Slash haters go lol? Truth is, Slash got it together like 5 years ago and no matter what happens out of this regrouping, will continue to be shaken not stirred .. especially with guys like this in his corner. Well done Todd, beautifully said. Probably the best commentary I've read on this, showing the true spirit of what this means to the guys involved and the fans. What a leap of faith that they are taking TOGETHER. That has to be the most poignant point Todd is making.

On the other side of the coin, anything could happen here with Axl involved. No other vocalist has had a bigger influence on me and his performance of Patience at the '90 AMA's was like a cornerstone of my childhood, but at the same time he's not balancing his balls on a sturdy surface is he. And either (a) he doesn't show at Coachella at all, (b) he does a Bridge Kindergarten, © there's a whole new enlightenment of disaster or (d) GN'R are back!. Either way, what a risk for Slash and Duff.

If Adler makes an appearance it would have to be Brownstone surely. The song chosen has to be in a low register for Axl as it's going to be played more than Titanic. What pressure for the Ax man! That's why option (a) has to be viable "due to unforeseen circumstances" or the organisers failure of 'blah'.

Well done Todd. Gave a really good insight of the situation from the perspective of the guys involved and from yourself as fan of their legacy in the world of rock n' roll.

No, thats not just you. Its ALL we ask for (I mean, besides Izzy, Steven and Matt lol). Seriously, all you gotta do is send a tweet that you're excited and add their names. Hell, I'd even settle for a Hey @Slash from Axl with Slash answering Hey @AxlRose back. I mean, could you imagine how much a small fucking gesture that would look like to us?!

Once again, its odd Axl hasn't mentioned Slash's name, and Slash hasn't done the same towards Axl. I don't think thats reading too much into things.

Thanks. I am glad that I am not the only one feeling that way.

You are right. I would be happy with even as little as a "hey". Such a small, simple word, such a small, simple gesture, but it would have an enormous impact.

It's still early days, I suppose. Hopefully we will have some great moments to come. If the first time we see them together is at Coachella, though, without something like that tiny gesture, then yes, it will be great, and I am sure that many people will be happy, but I'd be worried. I can't quite say why, or define my feelings. The best I can describe it is that I hope that this is more than just a business decision, because what made Guns N' Roses great in the first place was a spark between its members. A certain chemistry that had nothing to do with money. If that chemistry could be reignited, the future of the band looks promising. If not, I could see this regrouping fizzle out quickly.

I guess I want them to truly want this...

The rift between the two was on personal grounds, the reconcilliation was a very personal thing. The guys are long past the time when they would share with the media and the general public how they honestly felt about things. They've learned their lesson with the media and they're sharing nothing these days, just some obvious cliches. They guard their privacy really well. So I don't thing you'll ever get any public tweets regarding each other or anything like this from them, no. Which doesn't mean they're not having the time of their lives between closed doors. We'll just never know. Nor will we know how they reconciled. Actually, I'm pretty sure that questions about that is what makes them refuse all interviews. They just don't want to answer that.

I guess the only way we'll know how things are btween them is when we see them together and draw our own conclusions. And since they're keeping very low it might be no sooner than when the tour starts...

That said, I'm really missing the times when they would do interviews and share their thoughts and emotions as openly as they did in the old days... Now their interviews are boring as hell. But unfortunately, that is not coming back I'm afraid.

I think the only thing why Axl was mad at Slash was that Slash "left" him. Maybe he felt abandoned, hurt and betrayed. Then that anger festered into those cancer remarks and whatnot. It's just hurt feelings and bruised egos. Nothing that a little heart-to-heart wouldn't fix.

Edited by jekylhyde

Nothing that a little heart-to-heart wouldn't fix.

Shame it took 20 years!

Axl, as we know, is a stubborn individual and once he gets fixed on something it's hard to get to him. Unfortunately he got fixed on the notion that Slash was a horrible person who had lied to him and pretneded to be his friend all those years they were together while in reality he only thought of how to fuck him in the ass and leave him to a miserable fate - totally ridiculous but that's Axl anyway.

Unfortunately there was noone around with enough competence to talk him out of it. Duff was the only person to do it since he was so close with Slash and could easilly knock down Axl's arguments and be credible doing that. I believe it could have happened earlier if Axl reconciled with Duff earlier but unfortunately it only happened when it happened. Well, good that it happened at all and we can now be having this reunion.

No, thats not just you. Its ALL we ask for (I mean, besides Izzy, Steven and Matt lol). Seriously, all you gotta do is send a tweet that you're excited and add their names. Hell, I'd even settle for a Hey @Slash from Axl with Slash answering Hey @AxlRose back. I mean, could you imagine how much a small fucking gesture that would look like to us?!

Once again, its odd Axl hasn't mentioned Slash's name, and Slash hasn't done the same towards Axl. I don't think thats reading too much into things.

You are right. I would be happy with even as little as a "hey". Such a small, simple word, such a small, simple gesture, but it would have an enormous impact.

It's still early days, I suppose. Hopefully we will have some great moments to come. If the first time we see them together is at Coachella, though, without something like that tiny gesture, then yes, it will be great, and I am sure that many people will be happy, but I'd be worried. I can't quite say why, or define my feelings. The best I can describe it is that I hope that this is more than just a business decision, because what made Guns N' Roses great in the first place was a spark between its members. A certain chemistry that had nothing to do with money. If that chemistry could be reignited, the future of the band looks promising. If not, I could see this regrouping fizzle out quickly.

The rift between the two was on personal grounds, the reconcilliation was a very personal thing. The guys are long past the time when they would share with the media and the general public how they honestly felt about things. They've learned their lesson with the media and they're sharing nothing these days, just some obvious cliches. They guard their privacy really well. So I don't thing you'll ever get any public tweets regarding each other or anything like this from them, no. Which doesn't mean they're not having the time of their lives between closed doors. We'll just never know. Nor will we know how they reconciled. Actually, I'm pretty sure that questions about that is what makes them refuse all interviews. They just don't want to answer that.

I guess the only way we'll know how things are btween them is when we see them together and draw our own conclusions. And since they're keeping very low it might be no sooner than when the tour starts...

That said, I'm really missing the times when they would do interviews and share their thoughts and emotions as openly as they did in the old days... Now their interviews are boring as hell. But unfortunately, that is not coming back I'm afraid.

100% agree

The way you present yourself on social media usually has nothing to do with the way you really are. I know people who act on social media as if they are best friends and everything which is nowhere near what they are in real life. That said I would rather see an interview of of them together, than a tweet or something similar.

Edited by nn18

100% agree

The way you present yourself on social media usually has nothing to do with the way you really are. I know people who act on social media as if they are best friends and everything which is nowhere near what they are in real life. That said I would rather see an interview of of them together, than a tweet or something similar.

Totally agree. Interview would be absolutely great. But if they did the interview, had pictures taken together, then the media would finally really go nuts with it. I'm not sure if they want that craziness. Most likely, they'd rather be left alone which is why we're not getting anything, unfortunately...

Edited by Asia

I think there is more to the rift between Axl and slash besides "slash leaving", People close to the band have stated as much, I believe there was some serious soul searching between Axl and slash for this to happen.

Just everything Axl has said in the past I think Axl would rather be broke than give in to slash without some sort of a major breakthrough.

I think there is more to the rift between Axl and slash besides "slash leaving", People close to the band have stated as much, I believe there was some serious soul searching between Axl and slash for this to happen.

Just everything Axl has said in the past I think Axl would rather be broke than give in to slash without some sort of a major breakthrough.

I'd say it was as it usually is in life - millions of smaller things that were left unexplained and unresolved causing growing frustration in each of the parties and leading to the final explosion and a chain reaction that made it totally blown out of proportion.

The fact that Slash chose to quit wasn't the reason for this (rather an outcome) but was unforgivable from Axl's point of view since, as he stated, he was ready to go down with the ship rather than leave or fire him. And Slash just turned his ass on him. The simple logic would be - he left so he didn't care, he didn't care so he is a son of a bitch, a traitor and a liar cause he pretended he cared.

Of course Axl would be the last one to ever notice how much he did to push him out of the band because everything he does he does for everyone's good and that should be obvious...

Yeah, I agree, he'd rather go broke than have anything to do with Slash without a major breakthrough...

• Like 1

Hi everyone- I'm a newbie here, so thanks for the add! After reading how fast Coachella sold out, and assuming the 25 date stadium tour rumors are true, I'm guessing tickets will sell out quickly everywhere. I saw some posts about the Nightrain club somewhere on here. I went to sign up with hopes for a presale ticket option in the (fingers-crossed) future, but they aren't accepting new members. Does anyone know about this? Sorry if this question has been asked a dozen times, like I said, I'm new.

Hi everyone- I'm a newbie here, so thanks for the add! After reading how fast Coachella sold out, and assuming the 25 date stadium tour rumors are true, I'm guessing tickets will sell out quickly everywhere. I saw some posts about the Nightrain club somewhere on here. I went to sign up with hopes for a presale ticket option in the (fingers-crossed) future, but they aren't accepting new members. Does anyone know about this? Sorry if this question has been asked a dozen times, like I said, I'm new.

You're gonna just have to wait for the membership section to reopen again. No word on when.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I wonder what Slash is going to think of having synth on songs like Nightrain?

Probably something like "Ha, whatever, that's cool."

He doesn't seem to be a very opinionated guy. Especially nowadays.

That's my thinking too. He's probably very indifferent to the keys these days because it's not like he didn't know going in that Dizzy is still a member. For him, it is what it is.