A new song HAS to follow...

10 minutes ago, downliner said:

I honestly don't care who is playing with Axl on a new song, I would just like to hear a new studio release with Axl singing :thumbsup:

I'd prefer it to be a surprise, a bit like Melissa..... I think part of the reason I don't give Chi Dem much attention is because I wore out songs like Madagascar, The Blues, Rhiad etc all the way back in 2001 on bootleg. Would hate for GNR to play a "new" song in 2016 only for it to be considered old news by the time the label finally approve it for release in 2023.

Of all the songs i want to hear Down by the ocean, cos Izzy is involved. There were great together, and we need this.. beautiful songs.

Not sure about an album -- I think the idea of "albums" are outdated nowadays with iTunes and Spotify and whatnot -- but I definitely think they'll release new music, whether as individual songs or 2- to 4-song packages. Just release music. Work together. See what comes up.

Or not. They don't owe the fans anything. Last night was enough.

This line up seems with a view to a new album. Given that Slash played Chi dem and Better it means he potentially could be open to working on all the GNR material they have. But obvious a new Axl/Slash song is what people want. That's the rocker they need for the next album. 

24 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I wonder what effect the summer tour will have on CD if several songs are played per show. Will the casual fans be rushing to add it to their collection? I'm thinking it will shift a few more copies than usual this year.

Don't think it will affect much in terms of CD copies. Streaming, on the other hand...

Like I said, if Slash really did recording for CD era songs like Atlas Shrugged, now would be the perfect time to release it. Not only for the fans - to us, anytime is the perfect time - but from a business standpoint. With all this hype, anything with the GNR brand - as long as it has Axl, Slash and Duff - will sell.

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Don't think it will affect much in terms of CD copies. Streaming, on the other hand...

Like I said, if Slash really did recording for CD era songs like Atlas Shrugged, now would be the perfect time to release it. Not only for the fans - to us, anytime is the perfect time - but from a business standpoint. With all this hype, anything with the GNR brand - as long as it has Axl, Slash and Duff - will sell.

They probably will want to re-record it, though. Axl isn't big on releasing outdated sounds with previous musicians. I think a single (or two) between Coachella/Mexico and the first U.S. tour date is what they need.

I'm of the opinion that Slash and Duff love to write and release music, Fortus and Frank are in the same boat to a lesser extent Dizzy is too, and I'm unfamiliar with Melissa. I think if they'll put something together... But! They need to gel first! Maybe after the tour wraps up and the dust had settled they'll throw some sings together. 

Axl looked genuinely happy to be playing the other night... Something you couldn't always say about the last few tours... Who knows though! I wouldn't know why he woukdn't be open to making more music as long as the shows fo well personally and professionally.

21 hours ago, 3rd Wheel said:

Not sure about an album -- I think the idea of "albums" are outdated nowadays with iTunes and Spotify and whatnot -- but I definitely think they'll release new music, whether as individual songs or 2- to 4-song packages. Just release music. Work together. See what comes up.

Or not. They don't owe the fans anything. Last night was enough.

I'm pretty sure I am the one who is outdated then because I picked up CD on fuckin' vinyl today, just because of Friday night. 

I agree with you.  Go old school and release a 4 song EP or something.   Doubt they'd break top 40 but I bet they'd do well on the rock specific charts with a killer single.  

On 02/04/2016 at 2:43 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses are now a corporate 'legacy act' and have been for some time, well back into the 'nu' era. The idea of new music from this band should be consigned to the dust bin.

I held out hope that they would continue as a current band, in that, release new music and tour to support it, but unfortunately, I have to agree with you.  I wish it weren't true tho

17 hours ago, alfierose said:

I wonder what effect the summer tour will have on CD if several songs are played per show. Will the casual fans be rushing to add it to their collection? I'm thinking it will shift a few more copies than usual this year.

People are already going back and looking at CD material on video sharing sites, so i expect people to continue opening up to CD as Guns N' Roses plays more venues and exposes more people to the material.

It reminds me of an interview Axl did a while back, where he said something along the lines of CD not having had its day yet. That it will do more than what it had done. I think Axl is right. CD will make a return, even if it is just by casual fans picking it up and giving it a listen. personally, i hope it happens, because CD had a lot of good material which was generally overlooked.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

If (and even assuming that there will actually be new material is a HUGE if, considering Axl's record) if it's songs from the Chinese Democracy sessions I hope the whole thing/s gets rearranged and rerecorded, I mean I hope it isn't just Slash replacing the part Ron replaced over Buckethead etc over the same tracks from 2002 or whatever.

The idea of Slash playing Paul Huge material is kind of funny, but it's good to see all parties swallowing a bit of pride for the greater good.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:43 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses are now a corporate 'legacy act' and have been for some time, well back into the 'nu' era. The idea of new music from this band should be consigned to the dust bin.

What about the 70-80 unreleased songs they have?

They've never played by the rules, even back in the day.  Sure, they were fully corporate and did big promotions and videos and all that, but they were never anyone's puppets.  They would rather blow a deal than bow down to the system.  All of our speculation means nothing.  I have confidence that while they would do something for money, they'd make sure to do it right.  Axl has said consistently that the reasons for all his delays after the breakup were that he wanted to work to put out a product he felt worthy of the Guns name.  I don't think Slash and Duff are any different.  I think they all hold Guns in a reverent light.  Guns is a wolf pack; the whole is greater than the sum of all its parts.

Edited by Amish

I've been a member since 2005 and a GN'R fan since 1989, yes I feel old :-) I was wondering: we had Appetite for Destruction tour, Use Your Illusion Tour, Chinese Democracy tour etc. And most of the GN'R tours were named after the album. When you think of it: wouldn't 'Not In This Lifetime' be a great title for their new album? I think it would! 

• Like 2

I'm not sure that "most" of their tours were named for albums - the Dust N' Bones tour, the Get In The Ring tour, etc. all come to mind. I think it'd make a fine album name, but I would more likely expect this to be the initial tour, with future tours to be named after whatever album they're promoting at the time (if we're being optimistic and assuming new music).