More Openers Announced!

9 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Can't speak for Chris Stapleton, but Billy Talent are an exceptionally poor band and choice of opener.

Skrillex is the one that's left me scratching my head. Has anyone stopped to consider the average age at a GN'R show before booking him? It's just bizarre.

Bizzare is the word that has summed up this band the last 16 years...

• Like 1

They haven't said anything for Seattle yet, so I am cool.  But if they dump some crap like that skrillex, billy talent, country junk on us instead of something awesome like the Cult or AIC, I will be pissed.  Actually I will be taking a piss in the bathroom while they play.

Options for Seattle that will be acceptable:  Seattle bands like Soundgarden or Alice In Chains.  Or, a band from New Jersey with their orig lead singer name Bach would be great too.  That is what needs to go down on the West Coast.

• Like 1

Very relieved to read that Skrillex will be in Serbia July 14th, so the odds of him NOT opening in Pittsburgh on the 12th are good.  Whew.  Chris Stapleton has an open window, however. Fingers crossed it's him!

I don't really know what Skrillex does but from what I've heard of his released songs the GNR fans aren't gonna go for it. Especially if the band comes on late and he has to extend the set. Didn't Axl have DJs open in 2002 that were booed of the stage? Maybe he caters his live set towards whatever audience. Anyways, Cult, AIC, Kravitz and Chris Stapleton are all awesome openers. Stapleton is considered country but he's more blues. Amazing voice. 

I'm gonna laugh if everyone going in expects Skrillex to do a set of dub music and he comes out and does shit like this:

Anyway... I'm curious about Seattle. I was hoping they'd get AIC again, but as long as they get someone of the caliber of AIC or Lenny Kravitz  and not Billy Talent, it's all good. :devilshades:

9 hours ago, toroymoi said:

Ignoring all that actually goes into producing his stuff in the first place, sure. Also, David Guetta is trash, they're not similar at all.

Yeah and even live mixing is like playing an instrument. Some easy instrument but it is. David Guetta and some other EDM shit djs really just go everywhere and press play on the same premade mix of 90 minutes

• Like 1

I am going to both Dallas and Houston. I was having trouble finding someone to go with to the Houston show . And then Skrillex was announced . Mind you , never heard of the person. My cousin called and is in because of him. He likes Guns, but now wants to go because of Skrillex. I had a friend try to convice me today if he can go because of Skrillex . We might not like or agree as forum members, but looks like the plan to fill more seats is going to work.