NEW Steven Adler interview with Mitch Lafon

4 hours ago, J Dog said:

Good interview. Popcorn always makes me smile when he does interviews. I love the guy and do wish he was the full time drummer.

But to try and look at from the other side. I think it has a lot do with trust. Steven has a shaky history. So they probably have some doubts, some worries in the back of their mind about him. But they decide to give him a chance. Bless his heart, he can't make it past the second rehearsal without fucking up his back and going out of commission for two weeks. Probably chilled out on muscle relaxers or something. So that doubt and those worries come back. Can we count on him to go on a huge reunion tour going all across the country and the world over the course of a year? Not defending anybody really, just a lot of history and trust issues I'd say.

I hate it though, I'd love to see him back with the boys full time but he even said it, it is what it is.

This. I totally agree. Steven doesn't exactly have the best work ethic, even before GnR. Once he hurt his back I'm sure they thought they couldn't depend on him for a whole tour. I mean what if they promised Steven to the fans and everyone buys tickets hoping to see just that and then something happens and he can't play. That would make GnR look like liars or that they just added Stevens name to sell the tickets and had no intentions of having him play. I really wished for a reunion with him and Izzy but I'm not holding my breath for it and I'll still continue to see the band in concert as long as there's new music, otherwise I'm seeing the same shit over and over and wouldn't pay for that. For some reason I still don't think this means never ever.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tadsy said:

Why should he? Because you don't like what he said? Or you might not get what you want? 

This forum gets so carried away telling everyone what they should and shouldn't say, dissecting everything the way they want it. 

If Adler has made his peace, and wants to do an interview where he says what he wants them he's earnt that right IMO. 

Why does he need to watch his mouth before things fly out of it exactly? He's the one classic member that actually does let the fans in and people want to silence him? I just don't get it

Don't want anything to get in the way of having him fly all the way across the globe to play 1-song

My Michelle again LMAO

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

All I can say is I am glad Izzy decided against this aswell, the only thing worse than what we have now would be if Izzy was there win them and Adler was swept to the side like this. They are treating a guy with the biggest heart like this it's just unbelievable to me. Sure he had his problems but as Tomass said he wasn't asking for much..he just wanted to play his songs with these guys.

And Frank would have been there as a backup anyway! They just basically told him no you can't. What reason is there to not have him play when Frank is there that is NOT bullshit? I am feeling Axl had a very strong hand in this and slash and duff just sided with it not to make the whole thing blow up again before it even started.

I have lost a lot of respect for these 3 and they don't deserve Izzy on the stage either aslong as Adler is treated like this.

Maybe you should listen to Adler's interviews on Eddie Trunk in Sept 2015. He tells you what he thinks Slash and Duff feel about him. 

Perhaps you'd also hear all the lies he spewed just now even.

10 hours ago, dgnr said:

'I was gonna do all the Appetite, the Lies, and 3 or 4 of UYI songs, and then Frank, who is a wonderful, awesome guy, he was gonna do like the Chinese Democracy and a couple of the other covers. So it was like I was gonna start it, and he was gonna come in the middle, and I was gonna end it. And I was cool with that! ' But then he hurted his back on second rehearsal and was out for 2 weeks healing- He was already ok by the time of The Troubadour show but then Duff called him to say that afterall he wasn't playing with them :facepalm:

*Middle of the show*

"We're gonna play a song from Chinese Democracy now. This is called Sorry and to help us we'd like to wheel out a guy who didn't play on the studio version. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Frank Ferrer."

Whether or not Adler was ever actually told the plan was for him to be the main drummer and Frank to be the guest, that clearly wasn't the plan. It would have been ridiculous.

I haven't really understood everything cause it's somewhat ambiguous and vague, so I would like you guys, who seem to have the most insights to sort some things out.. @ZoSoRose @Tom-Ass @tsinindy

1. Was Adler meant to play all Appetite, Lies songs or was that his wish?

2. The part preceding Troubadour - he said he injured himself during the rehearsals, but was ready for the show itself, and then Duff told him he wasn't going to play - just Troubadour, or the April warm-up shows, or the whole NITL tour?

3. In Buenos Aires, Axl said - What the fuck is he doing here - cause Steven was supposed to play 2 songs for the 2nd night but they eventually opted for 1 song each night? I thought Axl wasn't as resentful towards Steven...

4. The Japan/Australia/Asia thing - did Steven say he would accept the offer if he played at all of the gigs? But later refused cause he had to choose just one?

5. Was he invited at all NITL shows to guest?

6. Why doesn't he wanna continue his band - ADLER - he said there is no money to support but says he wouldn't play for money with GNR?

7. Did he take money for guest appearance? Would they pay him more for the tour itself than Frank?

8. I thought he was kicked out cause of drugs and ineptitude to play, not cause of creative differences...?

9. Is he willing to guest again only if it's full show with Izzy or is he willing even 1 song with Izzy?

Anyways I'm on Steven's side and this sucks big time... I mean what more money do you need?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Honestly lol, I get the impression that some of you are eager to take any morsel of doubt you can muster to dismiss Steven or Izzy for the sake of defending Axl and every decision he makes because you want to literally suck his dick.

Life's complicated because people are convoluted. Yes, Steven has issues, no one is saying he is a 100% truth teller but in situations like this 'where there's smoke there's fire' can very much apply because we know what Axl is like. To dismiss Steven or Izzy so readily and to even say @BOSSY78 that it is wrong for Steven's mother to write her book about her own son who is an original member of Guns N' Roses which has shaped both his and her lives and that it's even wrong for Steven himself to profit...I'm sorry but that is ridiculous and bordering on sycophantic.

First off I never said it was wrong. In fact I said there's no problem with her writing her story. The problem I see is her using GnR to promote her book. 

If you've ever read my actual comments on it youd know I have said I think it could be a great story for families of addicts even. 

Noone dismissed them I'd like to think we just understand business. It's not hard to figure out in Izzy's case that he left the band and was bought out for his partnership. It's not hard to figure out that 20 plus years later he's not getting an equal share of the pie. It's not hard to read between the lines of them possibly not knowing what Izzy is gonna do and the commitment he may want to make considering he has been flaky in the past and hates the tour life. It's not hard to remember how he demanded management pay him huge crazy amounts for his small appearance years ago and wouldn't offer more songs or time. It's also not hard to remember how they paid it and it's been said they didn't want Axl to know originally.

On Steven it's not hard to see he changes his story all the time. It's not hard to fault a band who may be Leary about his sobriety and touring when he lies about it all the time. It's not hard to see that Steven turns his back on people as he pleases. 

Her son is was GnR but her story is about her son's struggles with addiction and how she dealt with it. Steven wrote his story hers isn't about GnR. 

Noone is saying Axl is innocent. I'm saying maybe Steven's own words less than a year and a half ago about Slash and Duff should be taken into affect. Everyone blames Axl for every thing that goes wrong here. You nor I don't know what really happened. I do know Steven said Duff supposedly didn't think he was cool or was a good drummer. He said Slash wouldn't hang out with him and thinks he's lying about his sobriety. This was when the GnR is reuniting talk was going on. 

A guy who in one interview claims 1 year and so many months making his sobriety from about 2014 and now changes it up to 2008 sounds suspicious when he made claims himself it was why he thinks he didn't get the call yet.

Perhaps there's more to the story than Axl is an asshole.

Steven Adler celebrated one year of sobriety back in January, claiming to this day that he’s continued to abstain from alcohol and drugs. According to Adler, however, Slash isn’t buying it. “Slash, he doesn’t believe that I have 21 months and 21 days sober,” Adler explained. “He doesn’t believe it. I don’t know why, but they forget that at one time in their life, they were doing drugs and drinking and they were f—ing up. They forget that they were like that too. Duff has got 20 years sober or more, Slash has got, like, 11 or 12 years sober, and I’ve got a year, nine months and 21 days. So everybody gets it at a different time. I’m just thankful I got it.”

Read More: Steven Adler: Slash and Duff Don't Believe in Me | http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-downplays-guns-n-roses-reunion-rumors-slash-doesnt-believe-im-sober/?trackback=tsmclip

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler says that he has not been approached by any of his former bandmates about a possible reunion of the classic GN'R lineup and blames the lack of communication in part on the fact that Slash and Duff McKagan don't believe that he is sober.

He interviewed with Eddie Trunk in September of 2015. He talks about Slash never hanging out with him and a bunch of stuff. It's been talked about and the podcast is on this forum easy to find. He never once mentions Axl it's all about how Duff don't like him and thinks he sucks as a drummer and Slash doesn't believe he's sober and won't be his friend.

Steven's own words change. 

Let's not forget Steven's own band cancelled his tour in 2013 because he had to go back to rehab. They gave a statement. 

Edited by BOSSY78
Added

16 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I haven't really understood everything cause it's somewhat ambiguous and vague, so I would like you guys, who seem to have the most insights to sort some things out.. @ZoSoRose @Tom-Ass @tsinindy

1. Was Adler meant to play all Appetite, Lies songs or was that his wish?

2. The part preceding Troubadour - he said he injured himself during the rehearsals, but was ready for the show itself, and then Duff told him he wasn't going to play - just Troubadour, or the April warm-up shows, or the whole NITL tour?

3. In Buenos Aires, Axl said - What the fuck is he doing here - cause Steven was supposed to play 2 songs for the 2nd night but they eventually opted for 1 song each night? I thought Axl wasn't as resentful towards Steven...

4. The Japan/Australia/Asia thing - did Steven say he would accept the offer if he played at all of the gigs? But later refused cause he had to choose just one?

5. Was he invited at all NITL shows to guest?

6. Why doesn't he wanna continue his band - ADLER - he said there is no money to support but says he wouldn't play for money with GNR?

7. Did he take money for guest appearance? Would they pay him more for the tour itself than Frank?

8. I thought he was kicked out cause of drugs and ineptitude to play, not cause of creative differences...?

9. Is he willing to guest again only if it's full show with Izzy or is he willing even 1 song with Izzy?

Anyways I'm on Steven's side and this sucks big time... I mean what more money do you need?

Thanks for asking. Would love to know others' opinions and views on these too.

18 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

It's not hard to read between the lines of them possibly not knowing what Izzy is gonna do and the commitment he may want to make considering he has been flaky in the past and hates the tour life.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I swear I'm going to start a drinking game soon. Everyone takes a shot when somebody brings "Izzy's a flake" or "Hates touring" into an argument... None of which are based on facts. Fake news, man. Fake news.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl leans on Beta. He can't go anywhere at all without her. Adler can at least go out on tour without his mom. 

But Axl leans on Beta because he's fucked up and has issues, which is not good, but other than that his brain functions properly and adequately for a 50 something year old. Steven leans on his mom because the drugs stopped his emotional, intellectual and all other development somewhere at a teenager stage. Steven's brain was altered by substance abuse, the guy is like a child in every way. It has its good sides - his enthusiasm and joy is also child-like and unequaled but then again he changes his mind about what happened, how it happened, who is the best person in the world and who is the greatest dick like 10 times an hour. To take this guy's version of events seriously is crazy. Also it is sad that he still refuses to acknowledge that what fucked up his career in GNR and his life in consequence were his addictions not Axl. Gee, that guy still blames it all on other people. That is bad.