Steven Adler in Argentina

14 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Biggest piece of bullshit ever written and it starts with "truth is". UNREAL.

The reporter gave everyone one wish.

Steven wished for peace of mind. Izzy said he wanted a Maserati. Slash wanted an endless supply of Marlboro cigarettes. Duff just wanted to have the GN’R record out, and to be on the road.

Axl was more prophetic. “I think that . . . I don’t like that question. It’s ridiculous because we are working on getting everything we want. If I had my wishes, I’d want all the money there is. I’d want power and control over everything there is, and third, I’d want all the wishes there are to have.”

Another case of Steven making shit up :rolleyes:

You can cherry pick any interview to support your claim. That was an interview from 1986. The band's manager at the time, Alan Niven, said Steven couldn't play the material. Izzy respects Alan's opinion. Slash and Duff both asked him to manage  VR so I assume from that proposition that they, too, respect his opinion and his opinion was that Steven was fired for not being able to play the UYI material to satisfaction.   Since leaving the band, Steven has not accomplished anything of note. Me saying "truth is" does not invalidate what I stated. Who gives a fuck is Steven travelled 30,000 miles to play a song. The band doesn't owe him shit. And from all appearances, Axl, Slash, and Duff made offers to both Izzy and Steven to be apart of this tour either permanently or in some capacity, so I don't belive they are being assholes to Steven or the fans. Nor, do I belive they are being greedy. 

1 hour ago, Top-Hatted One said:

You know what else is funny? The notion that Steven is erratic and cant be counted on. And that there is too much money on the line to be messing around. Meanwhile Axl keeps getting stuck in traffic knowingly. The other guys don't get stuck in traffic. You know why? Because they get their by 4pm and earlier for lunch and soundcheck. 

If you are familiar with Slash and Duff's history they don't like sitting around past start time as the crowd grows anxious waiting for their singer to show up. They like to honor their commitment. Especially when multi-millions are at stake. Was one of their major issue with Axl back in the day and again with Scott Weiland.

Go figure

I've been to three NITL concerts. 2 started 15mins early, 1 started exactly on time. 

Axl wanting control of the band (which he did) and Steven's firing are two separate things. There is no causal link between them. By all accounts (interviews of the era, Slash, Duff, Alan Niven, Marc Canter, even Steven himself in older statements/interviews) Steven's firing was due to his heavy drug use (regardless of whether it was hypocritical in a band like GnR) in combination to the incident with Erin Everly (regardless of whether Steven was really accountable or not). Simple as that.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Biggest piece of bullshit ever written and it starts with "truth is". UNREAL.

The reporter gave everyone one wish.

Steven wished for peace of mind. Izzy said he wanted a Maserati. Slash wanted an endless supply of Marlboro cigarettes. Duff just wanted to have the GN’R record out, and to be on the road.

Axl was more prophetic. “I think that . . . I don’t like that question. It’s ridiculous because we are working on getting everything we want. If I had my wishes, I’d want all the money there is. I’d want power and control over everything there is, and third, I’d want all the wishes there are to have.”

Another case of Steven making shit up :rolleyes:

lol leave it to Axl to take that question seriously 

18 minutes ago, slash97 said:

So, y'all are just gonna ignore the post from Derick who was actually at the concert and therefore should know best what really happened? But just keep bashing Axl and the others because they're the devil incarnate.

I agree. But, unfortunately, that seems to be how things go with GNR. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, Derick said:

C'mon guys when he started My Michelle he started after greeting the public. Slash had already changed his guitar,Axl was already in the dressing room switching the clothes to the Layla and NR part. He started play that tune without talk to anybody and It´s not that way, the lights guy, the teleprompter guy and the whole band were not warned about it. I was there! He started play that on his own. If you want to continue to blame Axl or the three bastards, that's fine, it's already become cultural here. But Adler started playing without the band knowing about it. Seriously, too much drama about it!

Exactly. Some can say it was an arsehole move to turn his mic off, but it is just as bad to throw a spanner in the works and do something unplanned when everyone from your fellow bandmates to the technical crew are trying to move on with the planned show. All it does is disrupt the concert for both the band and the fans. That said, i don't really think a lot of us can draw much from this video anyway, so it is pointless for some people here, who were not at the show, to whinge.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

So the plan was to let him fly 15,000 miles for a whole 3mins? Got it

So you are saying they lied to Steven and told him that if he flew the little over 12000 miles to Buenos Aires he'd get to play the whole concert? Or something more then the two songs they had been giving him previously?

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You can cherry pick any interview to support your claim. That was an interview from 1986. The band's manager at the time, Alan Niven, said Steven couldn't play the material. Izzy respects Alan's opinion. Slash and Duff both asked him to manage  VR so I assume from that proposition that they, too, respect his opinion and his opinion was that Steven was fired for not being able to play the UYI material to satisfaction.   Since leaving the band, Steven has not accomplished anything of note. Me saying "truth is" does not invalidate what I stated. Who gives a fuck is Steven travelled 30,000 miles to play a song. The band doesn't owe him shit. And from all appearances, Axl, Slash, and Duff made offers to both Izzy and Steven to be apart of this tour either permanently or in some capacity, so I don't belive they are being assholes to Steven or the fans. Nor, do I belive they are being greedy. 

They asked two original members of a lineup who helped make them what they are to be guests. That's called Disrespect.  Little bit different than how you try to spn it or want to see it

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Axl wanting control of the band (which he did) and Steven's firing are two separate things. There is no causal link between them. By all accounts (interviews of the era, Slash, Duff, Alan Niven, Marc Canter, even Steven himself in older statements/interviews) Steven's firing was due to his heavy drug use (regardless of whether it was hypocritical in a band like GnR) in combination to the incident with Erin Everly (regardless of whether Steven was really accountable or not). Simple as that.

I do agree there. It had to have been more of a Slash/Duff/Mike Clink decision to fire Adler

Edited by Billsfan

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The "15,000 mile" narrative is silly because he never played more than two songs on this tour and he wasn't going to play more than 2 anyways. So you would bitch he if played two songs. Steven wasn't guaranteed more than one song and any expectation existed solely in his head. The band doesn't owe him shit.

They might not owe him anything, but they apparently need him for certain material since Frank seems to struggle in certain areas. And no, I wouldn't be bitching if he flew 15,000 miles to play 4 songs over two shows, it would show that theyre still trying to work him back in baby step by baby step. Thanks for assuming though, you're doing great :lol:

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

They might not owe him anything, but they apparently need him for certain material since Frank seems to struggle in certain areas. And no, I wouldn't be bitching if he flew 15,000 miles to play 4 songs over two shows, it would show that theyre still trying to work him back in baby step by baby step. Thanks for assuming though, you're doing great :lol:

You shouldn't care at all. 2 songs, 4 songs, doesn't matter. Most of the threads on here are assumptions or speculation.

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You shouldn't care at all. 2 songs, 4 songs, doesn't matter. Most of the threads on here are assumptions or speculation.

You are exactly right.  That is probably  the most annoying part of online forums most of the time, people having such bashful or such harsh character judgements over people we don't know and a situation we don't even have a fraction of the whole story of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

So you are saying they lied to Steven and told him that if he flew the little over 12000 miles to Buenos Aires he'd get to play the whole concert? Or something more then the two songs they had been giving him previously?

If they told him the plan was fly all the way to Argentina so you can play for 3mins in front of his wife and her family then they are even bigger A-Holes than what is being suggested 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

34 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

If they told him the plan was fly all the way to Argentina so you can play for 3mins in front of his wife and her family then they are even bigger A-Holes than what is being suggested 

Steven has routinely stated he would perform in GNR in any capacity anywhere multiple times. I seriously doubt these guys even want him there. He probably begged in his usual way and they obliged him and probably paid for his tickets, too. 

55 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

You are exactly right.  That is probably  the most annoying part of online forums most of the time, people having such bashful or such harsh character judgements over people we don't know and a situation we don't even have a fraction of the whole story of.

Actually, the post is completely inaccurate but, then again you're here so lmfao :lol:

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Assumptions? Speculation? What the hell are you talking about?

Steven Adler flew from Los Angeles, CA to Argentina to play 2 songs, over 2 nights. 1 song per night, incase you have no clue which you clearly don't. Hey, math isn't easy for all of us, especially you and someone who named himself after a commercial that was cool 15 years ago like whazupppp

You're arguing for the sake of arguing. This we know, a A FACT. FACT. F-A-C-T. Confused? Yup, probably. We as fans, take a look at what's presented to us and decide base on that. If "the band", doesn't like that, meaning Bill, Saul, Mike and to a lesser extend Dick, Frank, Melissa, And Dizwold, they can clear all speculation away by speaking on the subject. Yet, they don't. Funny that they won't speak though, isn't it?!?!

Go on.. try to seriously argue that point :popcorn:

10 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

This we know, a A FACT. FACT. F-A-C-T. Confused? Yup, probably. We as fans, take a look at what's presented to us and decide base on that.

Go on.. try to seriously argue that point :popcorn:

So you are basically admitting to speculating on limited information and being so polarizing and needlessly negative towards people you have never met because "hey, that's what fans do".  I choose to take the higher road both logically and rhetorically.  Not much else to it, unless if you wanna have a full time residence in Spin City

But hey I suppose making passive aggressive digs at me and my username is a lot easier than admitting that

Edited by WhazUp