Cheesy Hits from your Childhood/Teens

RONIN

It's obvious but who cares whenever i see a jet fly past this song comes straight to my head. Plus Loggins looks like he's on the end of a 3 day coke binge in the clip.....or the start of one i'm not sure.

You got the touch, you got the pooooowweeeeerrr

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Oh rating the 5 options are we i just got excited for a moment there and started posting random 80's soundtrack songs. #5

Don't follow me up I don't have a clue what we're doing :lol: you're posting random shit, Len's up there talking about a different Van Damme film not on the list, I just got all pumped up when I saw Stallone turn his hat backward while staring down his arm wrestling opponent.

Here, I will continue the fucking up...

• Like 2

@J Dogthat Stallone movie was filmed partly in the town i went to high school in. they had this thing called the world's wrist wrestling contest, it was like their claim to fame. oh and the chicken capital of the world or something. Norman Greenbaum is also from there, he of Spirit in the Sky fame. and a lot of American Graffiti was filmed there, in one shot they showed a row of lockers and mine was one and our gym. really snotty town though, and now it's even worse, it's like a tourist trap :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Streets of Siam from Kickboxer is a belter :lol:  'doesn't matter where I go now, you know what they saaaay about meeee'...not that I'm a talentless egotistical Belgian cokehead by any chance? :D

Yeah, that song from Kickboxer was awesome for the time.

Some of those 80's songs was campy. I liked most of the Rocky songs especially when there was a Rocky montage lol

1 hour ago, J Dog said:

Now I actually like this song. Which is strange because it's not usually my type of thing, but I like it.

Dont tell Kevin Bacon he can't dance in your town bitch!

80's movie executive 1- " We need a hit single for this movie, what will we do?''

80's movie executive 2- '' Call Loggins god damn it, call him now!"

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, J Dog said:

Don't follow me up I don't have a clue what we're doing :lol: you're posting random shit, Len's up there talking about a different Van Damme film not on the list, I just got all pumped up when I saw Stallone turn his hat backward while staring down his arm wrestling opponent.

Here, I will continue the fucking up...

Another classic from that movie :P

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 2

I love how Rick James during the whole video is like, producing his ass off the whole time :lol: I mean he's mixing on the board, giving Eddie direction, giving the band their cue, getting all into it, he works his ass off to record this track. That's why he's Rick James bitch :lol:

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 3

omg this is off topic but i lucked into catching  an old Dave Chapelle show where Rick James was on! Dave Chappelle is a comic genius IMO! :lol:

ok on topic:

1. Barbie Girl

2. Truly Madly Deeply

3.Living La Vida Loca

4. End of the Road ( barf )

5. anything by Limp Bizkit

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

21 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

The 80's sucked for music lol, I always laugh when someone who grew up in the 80's talk about how shitty music is today.

You fuckin kidding me? The 80s was the best decade for music imo. Classic rock, new wave, metal, videos, rap... you name- we had it all. Tons of diversity yet it was all still mainstream in a way, so everyone kinda knew a little about every genre. Today is more diverse, but to me it seems like kids stay mostly pigeonholed in their preferred genre.

But then again, I'm an 80s child, meaning old, so all I know these days is: get the fuck off my lawn!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

You fuckin kidding me? The 80s was the best decade for music imo. Classic rock, new wave, metal, videos, rap... you name- we had it all. Tons of diversity yet it was all still mainstream in a way, so everyone kinda knew a little about every genre. Today is more diverse, but to me it seems like kids stay mostly pigeonholed in their preferred genre.

But then again, I'm an 80s child, meaning old, so all I know these days is: get the fuck off my lawn!

Yeah with all of the autotuning, multiple guest apperances on one song, ghostwriting, Pro Tools, music genres solely based on fashion and niche novelty....

Wait. What decade are we talking about again?

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

I love how Rick James during the whole video is like, producing his ass off the whole time :lol: I mean he's mixing on the board, giving Eddie direction, giving the band their cue, getting all into it, he works his ass off to record this track. That's why he's Rick James bitch :lol:

Whether that's a great work ethic or copious amounts of cocaine in his system is debatable, but yes Rick is the fucking man regardless.