Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

Everybody has been calling out RHCP for this, that pic with Flea and his bass unplugged has been everywhere. How come when Axl joins in it's the most God awful thing? I'm just glad the dude actually said something as a joke and not some essay about record labels and whatnot.

• Like 1

Whether or not this is a joke, it will not be seen that way by the media and readers and for that, Axl made a very careless and frankly stupid move.

What careless and stupid about it? Seriously, I don't see anything wrong with this thing...

It's just really odd by Axl's typical way of thinking. He doesn't speak to the media and when he does, he's extremely careful about what he says. I over reacted in that post but I still think he shouldn't have said it out of fear that people won't see it as lightheartedly as he intended.

You guys really don't get what would be fucked up about it if Axl, of all fuckin' people, was taking unprovoked shots at a musical artist in the media? You really don't get it? You're GNR fans and you don't get it? I give up.

He's not taking a shot, if anything he seems to be defending the whole ridiculous situation with humour. But I can see how people/the press could take it badly.

I think it's surreal, bizarre, and utterly hilarious. Not so much the content of his statement but the fact that he made it. What a nutjob.

Things like this that make me love him all over again. :wub:

• Like 3

It's clearly a crime for Axl to use playback. He made a joke about that. There were several times he could - and should - have used it, but he refused.

He does (quite obviously) use backing tracks on CD songs though.

I think he only did that for '09-10, I never heard any in 2012 and part of me wonders if it was because of people who said he was "miming" in 2010. I'm indifferent about them :shrugs:

It's clearly a crime for Axl to use playback. He made a joke about that. There were several times he could - and should - have used it, but he refused.

With all due respect, but although I will never support playback, this is a bigger crime:

I can't see Charles Manson criticizing murderers. If you know what I mean.

And you wonder why Axl doesn't come here anymore...

Oh, shut the fuck up. When was his last chat at HTGTH?

Oh, because MyGNR wouldn't flood Jarmoland, right?

Nosaj Thing, I agree with you. I was not attacking the use of playback, I was just pointing out Axl's opinion on this subject.

And you wonder why Axl doesn't come here anymore...

Oh, shut the fuck up. When was his last chat at HTGTH?

Oh, because MyGNR wouldn't flood Jarmoland, right?

Nosaj Thing, I agree with you. I was not attacking the use of playback, I was just pointing out Axl's opinion on this subject.

This is fucking classic. Why won't Axl do a chat at HTGTH? Oh, MyGNR's fault. Pathetic, man. You're talking to Beta too much.

• Like 1