Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

14 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Why do you encourage people to read the eBay feedback?

11 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Because there’s numerous complaints about items not showing up or not being as advertised, and most of these are other GnR listings. 

Yes thank you,  I don't want anyone getting scammed.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Thanks 1

Aman......thanks so much for sharing that original Cleveland image.

That was one of the most exciting things I learned/got to see when I visited you cause as a native Clevelander, this image would have been a hundred times better than what we got.

I'm glad that thanks to you, Cleveland fans can get an idea of what SHOULD have been!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

Just putting this out there for the group, I purchased the Seattle litho from McCoyGnr, great experience and a fair price, honest seller, the eBay feedback doesn’t tell the whole story.

What was the price, if you don't mind sharing? I'm not interested in selling mine but I'm curious what it's worth...

4 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Aman......thanks so much for sharing that original Cleveland image.

That was one of the most exciting things I learned/got to see when I visited you cause as a native Clevelander, this image would have been a hundred times better than what we got.

I'm glad that thanks to you, Cleveland fans can get an idea of what SHOULD have been!!

It's definitely a far more appropriate image and has more gravitas, right? When swapped around and substituted for another city, it just doesn't feel the same. I think that's the reason that I love the design of Cincinnati but it just doesn't win me over completely. I understand the reference but I still think the astronaut would've been better for Houston or Orlando.

As for the resulting Cleveland design... well in its defense, if it had been printed as it should have been (instead of so horribly dark) then it would've been significantly better. At least you can actually read the text at the bottom, which can't be said for the real life litho.

Cleveland%20Light.jpg

On 3/14/2019 at 6:46 PM, amaninjapan said:

It's definitely a far more appropriate image and has more gravitas, right? When swapped around and substituted for another city, it just doesn't feel the same. I think that's the reason that I love the design of Cincinnati but it just doesn't win me over completely. I understand the reference but I still think the astronaut would've been better for Houston or Orlando.

As for the resulting Cleveland design... well in its defense, if it had been printed as it should have been (instead of so horribly dark) then it would've been significantly better. At least you can actually read the text at the bottom, which can't be said for the real life litho.

Cleveland%20Light.jpg

Have you gained insight into the submission process for lithos? I recall Timothy design sharing a rejected Philly design that I thought was pretty cool.

52 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Have you gained insight into the submission process for lithos? I recall Timothy design sharing a rejected Philly design that I thought was pretty cool.

Not anything particularly noteworthy. I do know however that artists commonly submit multiple designs for a single city, so it's not usually a case of submitting one design and then hoping it is accepted or rejected. They might submit two or three designs and have one or two accepted or all of them rejected, for example. There is no particular protocol for the submission process. Some cities have multiple designs from multiple competing artists, some cities have had a particular artist in line to do the design early and then they've played around with concepts until they settled on one they liked.

I'm still gutted by what we could have had for the Cleveland litho.  Two of our landmarks that, admittedly aren't masterpieces, but are big, imposing, somewhat iconic, and have presence.  Part of our history.  Instantly recognizable to locals.

And the smashed guitar just ties it in to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, where dozens, or even hundreds of one of a kind historical guitars reside.

We could have celebrated this:

00b991ed3baea04c2b7a20437e30f4cc.jpg

Instead we are "mocked" for perhaps our lowest moment other than when LeBron left.....the Cuyahoga River Fire of 1969.

cayuhoga-river-fire.jpg

I swear Clevelanders never get a goddamn break.   Well.   It could have been worse than all this combined.

7993482-3x2-700x467.jpg

I sobbed and snotted uncontrollably with rage and heartbreak when this happened.   I'm undoubtedly taking this shit to my grave.    Why oh, why oh, why oh, did my parents have to bone in Ohio???

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I'm still gutted by what we could have had for the Cleveland litho.  Two of our landmarks that, admittedly aren't masterpieces, but are big, imposing, somewhat iconic, and have presence.  Part of our history.  Instantly recognizable to locals.

And the smashed guitar just ties it in to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, where dozens, or even hundreds of one of a kind historical guitars reside.

We could have celebrated this:

00b991ed3baea04c2b7a20437e30f4cc.jpg

Instead we are "mocked" for perhaps our lowest moment other than when LeBron left.....the Cuyahoga River Fire of 1969.

cayuhoga-river-fire.jpg

I swear Clevelanders never get a goddamn break.   Well.   It could have been worse than all this combined.

7993482-3x2-700x467.jpg

I sobbed and snotted uncontrollably with rage and heartbreak when this happened.   I'm undoubtedly taking this shit to my grave.    Why oh, why oh, why oh, did my parents have to bone in Ohio???

That was a glorious day! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, AxlIsGod. said:

Does anyone have a Manila litho that can confirm its details? I've picked one up and its a bit smaller than my europe ones, but on lithorati it states "U.S Standard" for size.

Any help?!

Hi, I have a Manila one, it is indeed US size and therefore slightly bigger than the European ones. I have just compared it to the Nijemegen one

33 minutes ago, Brose said:

Hi, I have a Manila one, it is indeed US size and therefore slightly bigger than the European ones. I have just compared it to the Nijemegen one

Right okay. Is the paper slightly glossy? I may have a fake because it’s smaller than Europe, but it is numbered...