Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lipfel said:

Quick question from me: I wanted to post about my band doing a few coversongs from GNR, Santana etc, played by us, which are on youtube but I don't want to cause any trouble. Am I allowed to post them nowadays?
Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, no. You're welcome to create a thread about your band in the proper section (Nice Boys Don't Play Rock & Roll) though. I'd recommend telling other users what to search for on YouTube in order to find your bands page. We just can't allow directly links to the videos themselves unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Unfortunately, no. You're welcome to create a thread about your band in the proper section (Nice Boys Don't Play Rock & Roll) though. I'd recommend telling other users what to search for on YouTube in order to find your bands page. We just can't allow directly links to the videos themselves unfortunately. 

So, a direct link to any youtube vid isn't allowed?  For example,  a vid of me doing an original song?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/02/2020 at 7:38 AM, Wagszilla said:

Will there ever be a breaking point where the MyGNR doors are shuttered out of protest? Or are you content to ride it out?

I can only speak for myself but I can't see us closing as a protest. People come here to to discuss the band but often stay for other topics and the community aspect. I suppose the writing would be on the wall if everyone left but as long as members show up I guess we'll be here.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just got a "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today" message. I don’t understand, I’ve given maybe two likes, that’s it. Never seen this before either. I’ve logged out and back in, deleted cookies, nothing helps. 
What’s happening? Did our beloved forum catch a virus or something? 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Hi, just got a "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today" message. I don’t understand, I’ve given maybe two likes, that’s it. Never seen this before either. I’ve logged out and back in, deleted cookies, nothing helps. 
What’s happening? Did our beloved forum catch a virus or something? 

I don't the answer to this, sorry. Did you use any reactions late last night, that would technically count as today in a 24hr sense?

@downzy any idea?

Hi Guys.
I was banned for one day in the topic "Mexico 2020". In my opinion, the sanction was a little too severe. I was not even advised not to mention the tracks anymore. When I got the message, I was already blocked. I got the hint after my last mention of the song. So I had no chance to change my behavior. When I read the message (from RussTCB) I was already blocked. I was sanctioned before RussTCB wrote the message in the Mexico 2020 thread.

Provoking is not my way and I stick to the rules as much as possible. I was on my laptop, maybe something didn't really update. It was not my intention and I am not known as someone who just makes trouble. I find the 2 points completely exaggerated. Why not 1 warning point? Why 2 at once?

I have been reading your forum since 2008. Registered since 2011 and I like to read here. And since I felt very entertained with your topics for over 10 years, I simply had to support you financially and bought myself a member status
I am sorry that my post led to this measure, RussTCB, but I find 2 warning points incomprehensible.

8 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Hi Guys.
I was banned for one day in the topic "Mexico 2020". In my opinion, the sanction was a little too severe. I was not even advised not to mention the tracks anymore. When I got the message, I was already blocked. I got the hint after my last mention of the song. So I had no chance to change my behavior. When I read the message (from RussTCB) I was already blocked. I was sanctioned before RussTCB wrote the message in the Mexico 2020 thread.

Provoking is not my way and I stick to the rules as much as possible. I was on my laptop, maybe something didn't really update. It was not my intention and I am not known as someone who just makes trouble. I find the 2 points completely exaggerated. Why not 1 warning point? Why 2 at once?

I have been reading your forum since 2008. Registered since 2011 and I like to read here. And since I felt very entertained with your topics for over 10 years, I simply had to support you financially and bought myself a member status
I am sorry that my post led to this measure, RussTCB, but I find 2 warning points incomprehensible.

2 warning points was an error on my part, it should have been 1. I went ahead and removed both just now anyway. In the future, when you see several members of staff making requests in a thread, please don't try to go around the request by posting something similar to what we've asked you not to. 

• 1 month later...
48 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Is that any better now? I changed some of your settings.

Sadly is not, still not notifications, someone have this problem? Or only i be with it. Thanks @alfierose maybe in the next hours can fix it, is very weird. Thank you again.

• 4 months later...

Please, can send me notifications to my mail box again? Yesterday for at least 5 hours my google account stop because apparently google detected that someone used my  e-mail account, but around 1.38 am google fortunately returned  my e-mail account. I hope that your send me notifications to my e-mail-box again. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

Please, can send me notifications to my mail box again? Yesterday for at least 5 hours my google account stop because apparently google detected that someone used my  e-mail account, but around 1.38 am google fortunately returned  my e-mail account. I hope that your send me notifications to my e-mail-box again. Thanks.

I've had a look at your profile and all your settings are still set as receiving email notifications. I can't see a reason from our side why you aren't getting them.

• Thanks 1