Ask Staff Anything!

downzy

5 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

Yeah because the forum wants to know what sexual organs we have at birth. :rolleyes:

It's a small change that wouldn't be too difficult to implement 

The staff replied to your initial request and instead of offering a suggestion you wanted to play guessing games all while a accusing the staff of being phobic and insulting the forum in general for being "hateful". 

If that's not faux outage, I don't know what is. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ssiscool said:

I feel old. What the hell is a "zoomer"? And how the hell do you get to 72? 

FYI, people can refer to themselves as they want. If they want to identify as a penguin that's up to them. It's none of my business. However when people start pushing their beliefs onto others, that's where I have a problem.

Zoomer is a person born in Gen Z (1997 - 2012)

As for how you get to 72, I would say it's because gender is a massive spectrum, with some people identifying as neither male or female, but somewhere in between. In the end, it's really all about how people feel about their identity, and what they would want to be classified as. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, is there anything that can be done so that users with symbols prior to the first letter on their username, can be tagged/@ in posts without actually having to search for the specific symbol? If you search their name without the symbol, they don't appear.

On 8/24/2022 at 6:06 PM, Dean said:

Hey guys, is there anything that can be done so that users with symbols prior to the first letter on their username, can be tagged/@ in posts without actually having to search for the specific symbol? If you search their name without the symbol, they don't appear.

I don't think so, sorry. The search function built into the software is, as you point out, fairly specific. If it's any consolation it annoys me sometimes too! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

How do I change my signature? I tried to delete the signatures and insert a new one, but it doesn't work.

Click on your username top right
click on account settings
on the left hand panel, 8th line down should be "Signature"
Click that then you should be able to edit your signature
Click save and your done

• Thanks 3

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Hey, this Reddit person asked me to help (as I've helped sb. once before) get them in here, since they've been waiting for approval for a long time and nothing's happened. 

Here's the contact, and thy will be done. 

https://www.reddit.com/user/RockNRollMama

Additional info: the nick may have been IzzysMissy.

Edited by jamillos

• 2 weeks later...

how do i upload images for a post? every time i've posted an image, i've hosted it elsewhere on imgur.com, then pasted the image's url/link into here. but i've noticed threads have a posted images section,

28e9Zar.png

, and those images have URLs like " https://content.invisioncic.com/r160939/monthly_2022_07/F7FA2981-6CD2-4BA2-B647-992E8831D491.thumb.jpeg.70ac011cd22621e0e1d6855279ec66c5.jpeg "

are those images uploaded directly to the forum?

if they are, how do i do that?

12 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Sorry Jamillos, I only just spotted this. I've found the account from back in August. Not sure why it was missed. I've approved it now.

Oh no problem and thank you! I'll inform the person on Reddit if I find it. Cheers. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...