Best moments from the NITL tour!

So many great moments, but my personal finest moment was when standing at the rail in Paris, Axl smiled at me when singing 'I think we've seen that movie too' :wub: Watching Slash a few feet from me doing the NR solos in that same show was a close second. Can't wait for part 2 next summer.

There’s a lot...well, some of them:

-All the things related to that Troubadour GIG: The mystery the night before,that Tower Records thing, Periscope from that chick on the line, first pics from Slash and Duff at the rehearsal, etc..

-First Vegas show w Coma

-Angus w the band (Coachella)

-First US leg (no chair)

-The shows that I attended 

-Europe GIGs

-Prostitute and Maddy

-99% of US/Canada arena GIGs (The highlight was the last one at the Forum)

-To be continued...:lol:

All the anticipation before the Troubadour... I live here in southamerica and I literally was up all night listening to LA radios. There were some rumours about a press conference in Tower Records, that they were setting up a stage in the back... then we knew that some people were unpacking guitars and shit from a truck. Here on the forums, there were people saying that Guns N' Roses would be playing a secret show at the Troubadour, some others said the Whisky...

And that's were CSI GNR came from. People started looking at the Whiskey's and Troubadour website to see their schedule, and I remember there was a band that didn't exist at the time Guns did eventually played later.

That has to be the best time I had on this forum. People were flying from all over the world FROM RUMOURS. That night... I can't fucking believe how exciting was all of that back then.

And then our friend @Fede streaming the show from across the street. And seeing the first pics of Axl and Slash together.

Shit, man. It's sad this won't happen ever again. Nothing compares to this 2 days.

• GNFNR 1

seeing 80,000 people at metlife stadium.  walking into the stadium with thousands upon thousands of people tailgating, jamming gnr tunes.  the energy and anticipation was huge.  i just remember thinking, holy fuck......they're back motherfuckers!!!  i'll never forget the feeling i had walking into that stadium.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

My finest moment wasn't even a show. I threw a big ass, all day pre-party at my house for the tour opening in Detroit. We had a ton of GN'R fans coming and going all day and it was as much or more fun than the show itself.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

I just know Ill have multiple posts in this thread!  The Troubadour and @Fede.  First few times they did Coma.  I was also very impressed in this future gadget thing called Periscope, haha!  Axl pushing through broken foot fiasco and the hot DR video was classic. When the picture of Axl leaving AC DC rehearsal circulated (just impressive, not really a fan of him splitting duties, tbh).  My show in Toronto 2016 with every single person dancing to Brownstone!  Steven F'n Adler!!!!!  How Slash seemed to be represented by a Les Paul guitar case between Duff and Axl in Globo interview, haha!  Reconnected with a friend around the reunion rumours and went to show together.  Apollo was a really fun day and night on the forum, imo!

The Vegas trip. The whole thing. Sublime experience. Awesome meetups, time with friends, partying, and the show ruled

Detroit. I was on the rail and its one of the best quality performancea Ive ever seen. Russ' party

Driving to the second Chicago show with friends amd getting into the pit for free

2nd detroit show where they played 3.5 hours and I got a bunch of new to me songs

The troubadour and the excitement around it

The lithographs

Stevens appearances

Went to Vegas...amazing!

but i enjoyed waiting up for Coachella..the news of Axl joining ACDC officially broke, fans were freaking out, then we got the first glimpse of the band in the form of a pro shot. Fun night..plus they killed their performance 

then this video surfaced the next morning and we began thinking this could work 

Idk i remember being thrilled. Axl sounded good, band sounded good exciting night!

25 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The Vegas trip. The whole thing. Sublime experience. Awesome meetups, time with friends, partying, and the show ruled

Detroit. I was on the rail and its one of the best quality performancea Ive ever seen. Russ' party

Driving to the second Chicago show with friends amd getting into the pit for free

2nd detroit show where they played 3.5 hours and I got a bunch of new to me songs

The troubadour and the excitement around it

The lithographs

Stevens appearances

Seriously though, I think the Detroit pre-party was better than the show :lol:

For me it was the St. Louis show. I was upgraded from the back of the floor to the section behind the pit. I went alone but the people around me were very friendly and we all had like a group discussion about the band and music in general during the changeover. They were a fucking blast to be around during the show too. There was a great vibe around that show too since it was the first one there since the riot

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Seriously though, I think the Detroit pre-party was better than the show :lol:

Agreed :lol:

My Top Three:

Spending time with my son in Vegas 2016 amidst all the hype and anticipation of the unknown.

Returning to Vegas to hang in the Pit and snag a pic from Slash last month.

Russ' Legendary Pre-Party.

:slash:

Now that the year is coming to a close, I first want to wish a Merry Christmas to GNR and the fans everywhere and now that this part of the tour is over and a good well deserved break is here before they get going again next year in Europe I wanted to say that I've seen the June 91 show, Sept 92 show, Nov 2002 show, Jan 2010 and just recently the Oct 30, 2017 show here in Toronto, by far this past one was the best and the longest (fucking eh!) show by them, to play over 3 hours is mind boggling with that much energy the band no doubt has to have to endure, playing that long is up there with Led Zeppelin shows back in the 70's, then again I always said to my friends back in the day that GNR were the Led Zeppelin of my generation. Hoping some new material in the future will be coming out but if not then that's just the way she goes. Have a great festive season coming up and keep rocking and rolling everyone. 

Edited by Big D in Toronto
  • Like 1

Nothing beats that traboudour and Vegas week. Mystery was back and the leg break added to the whole novelty.

Personally seeing GNR at London Stadium, Stade De France, Metlife stadium & Friends arena was a highlight to see such massive stadiums being sold out. Especially after seeing New GNR for years and slash solo in much smaller venues

Edited by Axl_morris

My favorite thing about this was tour was chatting with everyone over each show on the forum. This tour was my first few years on the forum and was the first tour I’ve been on since I joined. I live streamed the Trobadour (Fede), Vegas, Coachella, RIR ‘17, Most of Apollo, and the final one in LA.  Shoutout to everyone I’ve chatted with over Skype and such. That was my personal favorite moment is not just following a tour- but being part of a community that follows the tours together :) 

My favorite moments from the actual shows are:

* Coma returning to the set

* Axl sounding like he did in the 80’s on My Michelle and OTGM (especially on the last show)

* Adler. Damn he’s still got it!

* No more Chris Pitman’s awful backing vocals

* Axl being happy and changing his life around 

* Madgascar, Prostitute and TWAT being set list regulars. Axl spoiled us Chinese fans! 

* Going to my first Guns show live in ‘16

As much as I dog on this band sometimes I do love it still even if it has some problems. I’m a realistic optimist is all.

Rock on GNR!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

This tour has been amazing, waited 14 hrs for the troubour show(thanks to Mygnrforum for that heads up).. drove to vegas for the first of the t mobile arena shows... went to both dodger stadium shows(1 up front pit & 1 nose bleed). Also attended the 3 Los Angeles shows last week, Wednesday was amazing because the 4 hr show, but Im glad I went to the staples center show last minute, axl sounded really fucking fierce during that show idk why. 

Also seen Gn’R 18 times now since 2006, the kroq inland invasion show was my first, I was only 14 at the time.. haven’t looked back

Edited by fumardude
  • Like 2