Jump to content
gnfnrs1972

Does Axl know he acted like a diva?

Recommended Posts

As far as I have seen he has acted very well since the reunion tour. I wonder if he knows he acted the way he did all of those years or is he totally oblivious of his actions. You think Slash and Duff pointed all of that stuff out when they started communicating again, or his age is what has changed him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably age. People change naturally with age. I can think of tons of stupid shit I said and did when I was younger that I was totally oblivious to at the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly believe Axl had/has mental issues and never wanted to treat it properly until the threeunion hapenned.

People with this kind of condition usually arent aware of their behaviors, so yeah, I think theres a possibility he still thinks everything he did was Ok, but agreed to be on meds in order to keep the machine running.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Axl said in an interview it was his way of getting back at the band for “forcing” him to do a tour at a time he wasn’t ready for. He was trying to handle a bunch of mental stuff going on and nobody seemed to care about him. 

But he said he got better near the end of the tour once he recognized how hard it was on the crew. 

By 02 I think he was just seriously lost 

06 I think he thought it was cool. 

10-11 he got a little better but I think he thought it was part of the act. 

12-now he seems to get it and doesn’t show up hours late. 

As far as what he requires while on tour. It’s still pretty elaborate. He has an entire room built at every show. But he also has food served the entire crew and a workout room. Most of his personal demands are certain kinds of drinks, specific colors, specific couch. It’s not too bad. Most of the big stuff is for the crew. 

but here’s a backstage tour of some of his stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl said in an interview it was his way of getting back at the band for “forcing” him to do a tour at a time he wasn’t ready for. He was trying to handle a bunch of mental stuff going on and nobody seemed to care about him. 

But he said he got better near the end of the tour once he recognized how hard it was on the crew. 

By 02 I think he was just seriously lost 

06 I think he thought it was cool. 

10-11 he got a little better but I think he thought it was part of the act. 

12-now he seems to get it and doesn’t show up hours late. 

As far as what he requires while on tour. It’s still pretty elaborate. He has an entire room built at every show. But he also has food served the entire crew and a workout room. Most of his personal demands are certain kinds of drinks, specific colors, specific couch. It’s not too bad. Most of the big stuff is for the crew. 

but here’s a backstage tour of some of his stuff. 

Oxygen heated to your liking. It must be nice to be a rockstar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Oxygen heated to your liking. It must be nice to be a rockstar. 

Well his voice is suppose to be paying the bills around there so I don’t have a problem with him spending money on that, but having 30 something drinks in a tent you never step foot in is odd. I mean Axl would typically arrive and go straight to stage. How often in 2010 would he just be sitting back stage waiting for the show to start? 

this guy was pissed he had to wait 30 min at that show haha so I know Axl wasn’t just chilling in his tent backstage 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Oxygen heated to your liking. It must be nice to be a rockstar. 

 

43 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl said in an interview it was his way of getting back at the band for “forcing” him to do a tour at a time he wasn’t ready for. He was trying to handle a bunch of mental stuff going on and nobody seemed to care about him. 

But he said he got better near the end of the tour once he recognized how hard it was on the crew. 

By 02 I think he was just seriously lost 

06 I think he thought it was cool. 

10-11 he got a little better but I think he thought it was part of the act. 

12-now he seems to get it and doesn’t show up hours late. 

As far as what he requires while on tour. It’s still pretty elaborate. He has an entire room built at every show. But he also has food served the entire crew and a workout room. Most of his personal demands are certain kinds of drinks, specific colors, specific couch. It’s not too bad. Most of the big stuff is for the crew. 

but here’s a backstage tour of some of his stuff. 

:lol: A workout room.

2 hours ago, Carmenjello said:

Ask him

What's his number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

David Lee Roth was the man who started the trend of specific riders. It’s not about how many drinks are there that he doesn’t drink, food he doesn’t eat but a way for the band to know that promoters are looking at every detail and paying attention to everything. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

David Lee Roth was the man who started the trend of specific riders. It’s not about how many drinks are there that he doesn’t drink, food he doesn’t eat but a way for the band to know that promoters are looking at every detail and paying attention to everything. 

 

Yep. More times than not tour rider requirements are for this reason. Promoters hire local crews to help build the stage, speakers, build the backstage, etc... all of it having specific step by step instructions on what to do. These aren't GNR's crew, so maybe they don't trust them as much. They don't want those workers taking shortcuts and something bad happening that spoils the show or perhaps causes something even worse or horrific. If people aren't following instructions on what's going on in front of the talent, then who knows what else they aren't following. 

Lots of it is necessary. A particular brand of honey (so that it's real honey) or mixing up the food with local options to keep things fresh, etc...  However, maybe that cubed ham is one of the things that they looked for.  Something quick to look for to put the tour manager and band's mind at ease that everything out of their control is in order. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

As far as I have seen he has acted very well since the reunion tour. I wonder if he knows he acted the way he did all of those years or is he totally oblivious of his actions. You think Slash and Duff pointed all of that stuff out when they started communicating again, or his age is what has changed him?

I think his age changed he.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Well his voice is suppose to be paying the bills around there so I don’t have a problem with him spending money on that, but having 30 something drinks in a tent you never step foot in is odd. I mean Axl would typically arrive and go straight to stage. How often in 2010 would he just be sitting back stage waiting for the show to start? 

 

While I have no idea what he does before a show, I'm fairly certain Axl spends some time backstage after the show.  I've heard him spending an hour or two backstage after the show before heading to the after party or hotel.  I would imagine that rider requests are for after the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

David Lee Roth was the man who started the trend of specific riders. It’s not about how many drinks are there that he doesn’t drink, food he doesn’t eat but a way for the band to know that promoters are looking at every detail and paying attention to everything. 

 

That's actually really interesting, I didn't know that. I've read the riders for different bands and always just assumed they wanted a plentiful amount of all their favorites on hand for whatever they happened to be in the mood for that day, didn't occur to me they were also feeding the crew that was setting everything up all day and trying to make sure the promoter was paying attention to details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, downzy said:

While I have no idea what he does before a show, I'm fairly certain Axl spends some time backstage after the show.  I've heard him spending an hour or two backstage after the show before heading to the after party or hotel.  I would imagine that rider requests are for after the show. 

I don´t know how things are nowadays, at NITLT..But talkin´about the after show, until 2014 it was exactly like you said. Before the shows, people usually arrive at the venue from different parts of the city, but after the show everything is usually more chaotic because everyone leaves from the same point and at the same time, the traffic is a mess. So they used to stay in the place until 2 hours after the end of the show or even more..There is a pic of him after the show in Uruguay(2010), it was more than 6am and he was still there at the venue...And until 2014 they used to make a kinda party(aftershow) at the venue to some guests like celebrities and some lucky fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2018 at 10:48 AM, IncitingChaos said:

 

 

Axl during Chinese: walks onstage like a complete badass, misses the first line, sounds like shit up to the chorus, fucks up the second verse, then sounds fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To go from living on the streets to having your own private jet in only a few years I bet would have a big effect on the ego of a person, especially if they have some mental issues to work out and had a rough past.  Plus I think most lead singers start out having an ego in the first place lol

I am sure that with age and with more experience with fame and having a lot of time to sort things out, it can change a diva attitude into a more "normal" one

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-01-18 at 6:42 AM, default_ said:

I honestly believe Axl had/has mental issues and never wanted to treat it properly until the threeunion hapenned.

People with this kind of condition usually arent aware of their behaviors, so yeah, I think theres a possibility he still thinks everything he did was Ok, but agreed to be on meds in order to keep the machine running.

I think this also. There is some sort of mental anguish / depression shit going in there for certain.

I think the meds calmed him down enough to talk shit out before they started the process and agree to things like being on time every night. He’s not talking as much on stage either. 

I was glad to see him onstage at the troubadour, he looked better minus the redneck 70s porn ‘tache, leather jacket and you could see his hair....

Meds, Team Brazil, Slash & Duff back, money rolling in all these things have contributed to his mental health improvements and improvements in Judgement.

I think this version are back for good and they will function on and off for the rest of the bands life. It is now “the business” phase of the band. I expect to be robbed blind with deluxe box sets of the illusions albums, with a porntastic amount of discs in each.... And the obligatory 5 hour bluray Illusions Tour Documentary. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,with all due respect to @gnfnrs1972 ... IDK if "Diva" is the best definition to his behavior..Maybe it's an easier and more convenient way to put a label on someone without having to think too much about it...But in fact Axl has a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, ability to carry out day-to-day tasks...blá blá blá..

Medicine usually names this disease as "Bipolar Disorder" or "Manic-Depressive Illness". (There is no cure but there´s treatment options that can help lessen the symptoms.)

And to this Bipolar Disorder we can add events in his childhood that would probably affect the behavior of any of us over here..Yeah that old story about his dysfunctional family and child abuse that some people seem don´t care much but it can profoundly affect the emotional health of those who have experienced this type of trouble.

Someone can argue that he should be treated..I think he tried, he even took a therapist to the Illusion tour, but of course it didn´t work very well and it's also obvious that a world tour was not the best environment for such a demanding treatment..I have a friend who has been treating since when he was a  teenager, when he was diagnosed, he had a much less dramatic life than Axl and he still lives on a pain in the ass roller coaster. 

And to all this shit above we also can add the story of those who went from poverty to wealth and fame in the blink of an eye. Yeah now we can talk about this Diva thing of course only if we can pretend that none of that shit mentioned above exists or happened.

Anyway, about the thread´s title..His behavior has been changing for a while now..It's not something that happened overnight..And yeah, I think he knows ..He has Internet access and he must have read a lot about it in the press.:lol: 

  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Derick said:

Well,with all due respect to @gnfnrs1972 ... IDK if "Diva" is the best definition to his behavior..Maybe it's an easier and more convenient way to put a label on someone without having to think too much about it...But in fact Axl has a brain disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, ability to carry out day-to-day tasks...blá blá blá..

Medicine usually names this disease as "Bipolar Disorder" or "Manic-Depressive Illness". (There is no cure but there´s treatment options that can help lessen the symptoms.)

And to this Bipolar Disorder we can add events in his childhood that would probably affect the behavior of any of us over here..Yeah that old story about his dysfunctional family and child abuse that some people seem don´t care much but it can profoundly affect the emotional health of those who have experienced this type of trouble.

Someone can argue that he should be treated..I think he tried, he even took a therapist to the Illusion tour, but of course it didn´t work very well and it's also obvious that a world tour was not the best environment for such a demanding treatment..I have a friend who has been treating since when he was a  teenager, when he was diagnosed, he had a much less dramatic life than Axl and he still lives on a pain in the ass roller coaster. 

And to all this shit above we also can add the story of those who went from poverty to wealth and fame in the blink of an eye. Yeah now we can talk about this Diva thing of course only if we can pretend that none of that shit mentioned above exists or happened.

Anyway, about the thread´s title..His behavior has been changing for a while now..It's not something that happened overnight..And yeah, I think he knows ..He has Internet access and he must have read a lot about it in the press.:lol: 

He certainly has mental issues, but we don't know if it's BPD. He had gone to a clinic and filled a questionnaire, and based on that they told him he had BPD and gave him lithium. He had disputed it though, and in the 2008 chats he denied that he was diagnosed as bipolar.

Edited by Blackstar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People with huge egos are often also extremely insecure.

Unfortunately.....they usually never really take responsibilities for their past actions.  They might say and laugh "Oh, I was such a jerk back then" but deep down, they really don't think they were that bad and they believe it was everybody else that was at fault. 

My guess is Axl still feels exactly the same way as he did 30  years ago. But he is older and more mature now and realizes that to continue to be successful, he can't act like that anymore. Look at the fit when CD came out. He literally stopped promoting it because he was pissed about the album notes. The label gave him concrete deadlines of when they were going to print and needed his notes. Axl chose to NOT submit his updated version. Just so he could show he was still the boss. Then when the label didn't cave....he chose to not promote his OWN ALBUM.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×